WAPawns for UT

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

WAPawns for UT

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

WAPawns for UT. I made an experiment with porting ambientcreatures from the recently leaked unreal warfare build (the really broken one) into UT and it kind of failed and I gave up rewriting the code so I commented a lot of stuff (meaning the code is unused to those who don't know what I mean).

But then I created a package that expands it and makes the pawns just subclasses of usual pawns. Do not use the broken classes from ambientcreatures please just use WAPawns. The summon list is all inside.

WAPAWNSUT (if not working wait a bit, i had to reupload)
You will need this original package for the resources

Btw if you want to be mean do this: Summon wapawns.flappykid and then summon wapawns.stingwaspswarm and watch the kid being stinged to death by wasps...

EDIT: By accident the "flappyboy" has a female skin because of misasigment of multiskins. If added to slot 0 the proper skin, that will show the converted "male" skin.
You can do set flappyboy multiskins FlappyMale ingame for it to keep showing up. Also the carcass will have it applied by default due to the skin already being in "skin". The skin conversion might not be perfect but well...it's something.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: WAPawns for UT

Post by OjitroC »

These are interesting - the bird is weird and different - the flappy family are cool, could be used instead of cows in maps; given their long claws, it's a pity that there isn't an agressive one that will attack. The stinging wasp swarm certainly spces things up as well.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

The stingy swarm is just reusing the code for the fireflies in upsxmon3, which in turn is based on old unreal beta code when the horseflies still stang...

I do plan on making a Flappy Gozilla if time allows lol. It won't have new anims but at least it will be an enemy.

There are two older skins for the flappies in the flappyskin file but they were likely for earlier version of the models (must be from earlier warfare builds).

EDIT: There are also "xcritters" in the unreal championship alpha but since source code was lacking for that and other engine versions can't read the files, they couldn't be exported as of yet. But those xcritters include a dinosaur bird, different "flies" a butterfly even i believe and some crawling insects. It was all non agressive, simply used for scenery/ambience in the maps. I don't know why the games in the end removed those, it would have been cooler if there was some wildlife aroud in ut2kx. Its strange that only the bonus map as bp2 outback features some wildlife, I suppose the kangaroos there were partly based on the ambient pawns flappy code or could have been.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This thread needed pics...
Attachments
zzzzClip0001.png
zzzClip0003.png
zzzClip0002.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Thanks. What's that map you were putting it in?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 amThanks. What's that map you were putting it in?
Only for viewing purposes, but this one · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11984
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

For something so big, the Flappies don't make so many gibs... and that shot only seems like a lot because it's more than 1.

I've done similar shots against much smaller NaliCows that makes twice as much gibs.

Was that by design to not bog down memory with massive chunks or did it just work out that way?
Attachments
Shot0004.png
Shot0003.png
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Lol I have no clue why it does that might be related to drawscale somehow, this is not something I touched at all they simply use cow carcasses and in the original warfare they didn't have any gibs at all, they just died and that's it. No gibbing possible.
But yes they had cow sounds in the original too, though there are tons of unused dino sounds in the unreal 2 alphas which makes me think they could have asked legend to borrow it from them but nah didn't happen....lol