Team Orbit: Neo Cairo 5.2 MAX

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Team Orbit: Neo Cairo 5.2 MAX

Post by Delacroix »

https://mega.nz/folder/tF80HIqB#dyyGVySVnyttBoqXLAJ0nQ

This is a zipped version of a mod that's usually in installer form, for those who dislike installers of Unreal modifications. Original executable is on Moddb and Fileplanet, this here is a plain zip file.

Version 5.2 "maximum install".

Beta 4 had some content that never reached Beta 5.2. Multiple maps. And for some reason, the system file is much larger in Beta 4. It's been added into this folder. It used to be an UMOD, it no longer is. I'll see if I can retrieve even older versions but don't get your hopes up - there's limits to the webarchive.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Team Orbit: Neo Cairo 5.2 MAX

Post by EvilGrins »

I've got some of the base files from the original Team Orbit...

...which is how I've got the mechs assigned to bots.

The 5.2 update I never kept because for some weird reason when it's placed on bots, the mechs stop brig pro-active. Instead of attacking the moment they saw a that, they didn't do anything until something shot them. It made the bots with mechs assigned to them less effective... which is a pity because there were even more kinds of mechs in 5.2's update.

So, what kinda mechs are in Beta 4?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

I don't know. Can you upload your stuff so that I can keep it all in one place?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

My stuff is from the original TO, but I don't have the whole thing. After playing it a bit I decided I didn't want to keep it, so I only kept some of the .int files and the main .u file.

The textures were inside the .u file.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Original "TO"? I thought the mod name was Neo Cairo and Team Orbit are the DEVELOPERS. Can you clarify, please?

EDIT: Today's investigation revealed a lack in the NC 4 umod file. It has a SoldierSkins_TO.int but it lacks a SoldierSkins_TO.utx which is part of a separate umod file. I grabbed said skin pack and packed the missing file back into NeoCairoBeta4-max.zip. The file is now updated with the missing package.

EDIT: More investigation! So apparently the first public release was Neo Cairo Beta 3, on teamorbit.org website. The filename is TeamOrbit.zip. Does anybody still have this? Web Archive comes up empty!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Delacroix wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 am Original "TO"? I thought the mod name was Neo Cairo and Team Orbit are the DEVELOPERS. Can you clarify, please?
Well, the .exe I have for the mod is TeamOrbit.exe and the gametypes in the .int are "TeamOrbit.OWDMGame", etc - so it's legitimate to call the mod Neo Cairo or Team Orbit. The problem with using the "TO" abbreviation is that this is more commonly used for Tactical Ops.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Which version of the mod do you have?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Delacroix wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:21 pm Which version of the mod do you have?
Beta 5.2 according to the documentation.

I don't think I have ever pllayed the mod (if I have, it wasn't for long) - I do use the weapons and the maps though (and perhaps some of the models/skins).

A question for you - does the Beta 4 have different maps to later versions of the mod?
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

Yes. A hell of a roster.

I'm trying to track down the original Beta 3 release, I'm wondering what that has included. Already e-mailed the head of the TeamOrbit team. Hopefully something will come up.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Delacroix wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:17 pm Yes. A hell of a roster.
Looks like six or so maps, perhaps a few more, with different names in beta 4. Can't try them out in 469 as TO/NC doesn't work with that patch. They wouldn't run either in 451 (unable to find stuff in TeamOrbit.u) so looks like those maps aren't compatible with NC 5.2.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

I think that it's because some stuff got taken out of TeamOrbit.u and into TeamOrbitMedia.u. Of course these maps need to be ported to 5.2 and 5.2 itself needs to be fixed for 469. I'll see what I can do to export stuff in order to get someone to look at it but at the moment there's like a bazillion of things on my plate in a similar vein so excuse my dawdling with this one.

That, and I'd like to first recover Beta 3 before sitting down to it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Delacroix wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:05 pm ... Of course these maps need to be ported to 5.2 ..
If you do eventually find the time to do that, it would be good - just the Beta 4 maps that aren't in 5.2. I did wonder if they were left out of 5.2 because of their quality or perhaps they didn't really fit into the NC theme, as it were.

NC 5.2 returns the same error with 469 that Weapons Factory does and I understand the error for the latter has been fixed for the 469b release - of course, there may be other errrors as well that mean NC 5.2 won't run with 469 at the moment.
Delacroix
Adept

Post by Delacroix »

I have no idea about coding but what I can and WILL do is keep everything exported so that wiser people than me can fix this shit up. So yeah, that'll happen.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Delacroix wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 amOriginal "TO"? I thought the mod name was Neo Cairo and Team Orbit are the DEVELOPERS. Can you clarify, please?
I tend to refer to it as Team Orbit, it's just a habit at this point.
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

Wow, I did not know this topic even existed and it sure brings back good memories.
If anyone wants anything to do with NeoCairo 5.21 I have everything as I was the senior programmer for Team Orbit and responsible for all the coding.
I have all the source, textures, music, basically everything.