Nali Weapons II - Released!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

What do you think about Nali Weapons II?

Holy Sh*t (5 stars)
12
86%
Good (4 stars)
1
7%
Could be better (3 stars)
1
7%
Poor (2 stars)
0
No votes
It sucks (1 star)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 14

Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Feralidragon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 pm

Ok, finally the weapon pack release. This is first a beta, so you will maybe notice bugs that I didn't noticed at all very often. And, remember that I was the only one working in these, so don't expect quality on everything. Enjoy.

For more info, visit: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org


Directlink


Image


New Version Download: Beta 1c

For installation: http://files.filefront.com/NaliWeaponsB ... einfo.html

For server redirect (.uz): http://files.filefront.com/NaliWeaponsI ... einfo.html

Configured inis for a MH server configuration (Nali Weapons II + UTJMH v2.9): http://files.filefront.com/MHServerSett ... einfo.html

Fixes:
- WRE fixed with weapons stay
- Cleared more than 80% of the accessed nones (which caused logs to have more than 20M in just 3 maps or so)
- Weapons no longer disappear, since the replacement is done another way around (so other weapons like standard ones and old skool ones can exist together without causing confilict with eachothers)
- Those MH server inis I gave are configured to good performance with a good/fun gameplay (but they can be tweaked to even better performance if necessary)

Addons:
- Configurable Start health for Monster Hunt (because people asked)
- Configurable mines lifetime (when it runs out, they explode, to avoid massive lags due to excess of mines in the server)
- Added the possibility to spawn weapon modifiers in the location where the player respawn (player starts, since Monster pinata is disabled in those inis I tweaked, and modifiers are really necessary for a good gameplay IMHO)

Enjoy
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Liandri
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby GenMoKai » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:29 pm

w00t!!!!!!!!! DOWNLOADING !!!
Image
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!

1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
User avatar
GenMoKai
Godlike
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:39 pm
Location: Netherlands, the land of cheese and weed!
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Me too, i m really excited :D
******************************************************************************
NexgenAdvancedBanManager || NexgenPlayerLookupSystem || NexgenTeamspeak3Connector
******************************************************************************


UnrealRiderS UT4: www.unrealriders.de
User avatar
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cologne

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Sp0ngeb0b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Hell..that#s the best ut-modification I've seen..awesome work! Maybe I'll create a few MH maps espacially for NaliWeapons
******************************************************************************
NexgenAdvancedBanManager || NexgenPlayerLookupSystem || NexgenTeamspeak3Connector
******************************************************************************


UnrealRiderS UT4: www.unrealriders.de
User avatar
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm
Location: Cologne

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Shade » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Great Job Feralidragon... Maybe we will see that on a UT99.org Server soon. ;)
User avatar
Shade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:03 pm
Location: Germany
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Saya-chan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:58 pm

Good job, dude! (downloading...) :gj:
"Not only is UNIX dead, it’s starting to smell really bad" -- Rob Pike
User avatar
Saya-chan
Adept
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Vigo, Galicia
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Feralidragon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:29 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them after all :mrgreen: (I was very afraid this could be a failure LOL)
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Liandri
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Feralidragon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 am

First post updated with a new version to download (Beta 1c).
Lots of MH bugs fixed.
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Liandri
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Shoulon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks for the Release, Love all the new weapons. Also your trailer was awsome.

You've Probably heard this a million times but will you be releasing the Reedmer one? ( Or maybe I could get it? =) )

Edit: How would I add these to a Mac OS X version?
Image
User avatar
Shoulon
Novice
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm
Personal rank: Skilled

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Feralidragon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 am

Shoulon wrote:Thanks for the Release, Love all the new weapons. Also your trailer was awsome.

You've Probably heard this a million times but will you be releasing the Reedmer one? ( Or maybe I could get it? =) )

Edit: How would I add these to a Mac OS X version?


Thanks :mrgreen:

About the Redeemer one, I won't never release it as it is. But I built a new version of it, non-laggy, crash safe and better looking one this time. It comes with this pack, and it's the last nuke with the lightnings shown in CTF-LavaGiant in my trailer.

About adding it to a Mac OS X version, I really don't know, sorry. I know this is compatible to other OS, since it's coded only UScript side, but I never even touched in another OS that woudn't be Windows. You have to ask someone that has that version on how to install these mods.

OFFTOPIC: Btw, looking at you sign it means that you are a Legend of Zelda fan right? LOZ owns! LOL
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Liandri
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Shoulon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Feralidragon wrote:
Shoulon wrote:Thanks for the Release, Love all the new weapons. Also your trailer was awsome.

You've Probably heard this a million times but will you be releasing the Reedmer one? ( Or maybe I could get it? =) )

Edit: How would I add these to a Mac OS X version?


Thanks :mrgreen:

About the Redeemer one, I won't never release it as it is. But I built a new version of it, non-laggy, crash safe and better looking one this time. It comes with this pack, and it's the last nuke with the lightnings shown in CTF-LavaGiant in my trailer.

About adding it to a Mac OS X version, I really don't know, sorry. I know this is compatible to other OS, since it's coded only UScript side, but I never even touched in another OS that woudn't be Windows. You have to ask someone that has that version on how to install these mods.

OFFTOPIC: Btw, looking at you sign it means that you are a Legend of Zelda fan right? LOZ owns! LOL


Yea, I had checked it out. I like the thunder effect you added. :tu:

Turns out that adding them to a Mac version is exactly the same. ( Just drop the files into the systems folder.)

And yes I am a Zelda Fan.
Image
User avatar
Shoulon
Novice
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm
Personal rank: Skilled

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby David_OSU » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Good work Feralidragon! This mod is excellent. I just wish I had a more powerful CPU, on my 1.5 GHz Athlon, it stutters quite a bit with this mod.

The models, effects, and visuals are all really nice.

Packaging into a single .u file is also much better than a ton of system files, texture files, etc. Much appreciated.

I do have some constructive criticism (if you want it), and since this is a Beta, I assume you are looking for issues to fix:

The mod menu is too tall to fit my screen when running at 1600x1200 using doublesize menu fonts (same as 800x600 in normal menu fonts). The workaround is to just use normal size menu fonts to setup this mod, but at 1600x1200, its really hard to see what I'm doing. It looks like there is some blank space at the bottom of the menu window, so just removing this empty space should make it fit.

With all the new weapons and items, this mod is really going to need a detailed readme file to go with it. I would recommend an HTML readme with pictures, like the ChaosUT readme.

The flame effects on the flamethrower look a bit fake. I know its hard to make a nice flamethrower in UT. Probably the best I've seen is the one Wormbo created for the BUF BonusPack 2 that was never finished/released. The beta flamethrower is located here, and just lacks a custom model. Maybe you can borrow Wormbo's flame effects to improve your flamethrower.
David_OSU
Novice
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Feralidragon » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:03 pm

David_OSU wrote:Good work Feralidragon! This mod is excellent. I just wish I had a more powerful CPU, on my 1.5 GHz Athlon, it stutters quite a bit with this mod.

The models, effects, and visuals are all really nice.

Packaging into a single .u file is also much better than a ton of system files, texture files, etc. Much appreciated.

I do have some constructive criticism (if you want it), and since this is a Beta, I assume you are looking for issues to fix:


Thanks, and don't worry, constructive criticism is always welcome to improve my pack :tu:

David_OSU wrote:The mod menu is too tall to fit my screen when running at 1600x1200 using doublesize menu fonts (same as 800x600 in normal menu fonts). The workaround is to just use normal size menu fonts to setup this mod, but at 1600x1200, its really hard to see what I'm doing. It looks like there is some blank space at the bottom of the menu window, so just removing this empty space should make it fit.

Hmmm, I see. I never tried to see the menu from other resolutions besides the 1024x768 one.
I might do that and maybe divide the the bigger menus in half, like the Monster Hunt menu and the Misc menu, so then it can fit anywhere.

David_OSU wrote:With all the new weapons and items, this mod is really going to need a detailed readme file to go with it. I would recommend an HTML readme with pictures, like the ChaosUT readme.

Well, I didn't send the files, but in the ReadMe I gave with the pack it has a link to the pack homepage: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/
There's all the info about the weapons, their special usage, support, items, etc... Still, I might forgot something, so if still there's some info missing, don't hesitate to say :wink:

David_OSU wrote:The flame effects on the flamethrower look a bit fake. I know its hard to make a nice flamethrower in UT. Probably the best I've seen is the one Wormbo created for the BUF BonusPack 2 that was never finished/released. The beta flamethrower is located here, and just lacks a custom model. Maybe you can borrow Wormbo's flame effects to improve your flamethrower.

I downloaded the Wormbo's flame thrower, and tried it. I know what you mean, you mean that flame starts blue in the very beggining and it changes smoothly but fast to the true fire color, and it has some fluid movement while in the air (form changing and such, ending in smoke). I might do that indeed.

Thanks for the criticism :tu:
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
 
Posts: 5079
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Liandri
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby David_OSU » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:14 am

Feralidragon wrote: Well, I didn't send the files, but in the ReadMe I gave with the pack it has a link to the pack homepage: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/
There's all the info about the weapons, their special usage, support, items, etc... Still, I might forgot something, so if still there's some info missing, don't hesitate to say :wink:

My bad, I've even been to your webpage, but I somehow missed the documentation pages.

Anyway, I really wanted some stand-alone documentation for this (my gaming PC is rarely online anymore -- it only has a modem connection). So I went ahead and pulled the documentation from your webpages and made a standalone version. This has all the JavaScript and automatically-generated HTML junk removed so the files are a little smaller. This did kill the menu bar at the top, so I created a short index page to link it all together.

Anyway, it came out nice enough that I'd thought I'd share it. You can find it here. I recommend including this as an optional documentation package on your site (you can rehost it there).

Also, I would recommend including an updated version for the final release. Let me know if you want help with that. Including docs would be good, in case (God forbid) UT99.org disappears in a couple of years, but this package is still available. Somebody downloading it with no documentation available will have a hard time figuring it out.

Since this is all your work, you don't need to credit me on this (unless you add Beta Tester credits later, then go ahead). This is still a one-man job, and an amazing piece of work for one person.

EDIT: The zipfile for this doc package was 13.6Mb, which I thought was kinda big just for docs. Turns out, it was all the 24-bit PNG graphic files, which I recompressed as JPG files. Now it is only 1Mb, with barely noticeable loss in image quality.
David_OSU
Novice
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Postby Shoulon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:34 pm

David_OSU wrote:
The mod menu is too tall to fit my screen when running at 1600x1200 using doublesize menu fonts (same as 800x600 in normal menu fonts). The workaround is to just use normal size menu fonts to setup this mod, but at 1600x1200, its really hard to see what I'm doing. It looks like there is some blank space at the bottom of the menu window, so just removing this empty space should make it fit.



I think its just you. It fits all well in my screen. My res is at 1920x1080

Image
Image
User avatar
Shoulon
Novice
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm
Personal rank: Skilled

Next

Return to Modifications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest