Nali Weapons II - Released!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!

What do you think about Nali Weapons II?

Holy Sh*t (5 stars)
86%
Good (4 stars)
7%
Could be better (3 stars)
7%
Poor (2 stars)
No votes
It sucks (1 star)
No votes

Total votes: 14

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II - Released!

Post by Feralidragon »

MessiahComplex wrote:Absolutely unbelievably awesome mod. The most exciting thing about it is that it's only in its beta yet, and can only get better. I truly look forward to any new releases.

There's really only one gripe I have about it...The FX Cybot, while incredibly useful, is also a bit overpowered in that it's practically impossible to undo once one has been set, and in a CTF match, can lead to some rather disasterous consequences for an opposing team. Maybe set a self-destruct timer?

Also if I may ask...are there summon commands for them (the weapons) yet?
Btw, the FX cybot isn't overpowered at all, even taking a normal CTF example:
- You need 4 ammo to launch one, and you only get 3 ammo at each time it respawns. So you would need to get it from 2 cybot launcher spawns.
- It's completelly vulnerable to instant hit weapons, and you have a lot of them in the pack: WRE, BoltRifle, Enhanced BoltRifle, Vulcan, IRPR. It has only lots of armor, but after some shots you can get rid of something that needed 2 spawns to be created.

But that's something that still can be argued about, like you said.

About summon commands for weapons, here's the list:

Code: Select all

summon naliweaponsiibeta1c.[the weapon here]
Weapons:

Code: Select all

wre - W.R.E.
flametracker - Flame Tracker
boltrifle - Bolt Rifle
superboltrifle - Enhanced Bolt Rifle (limited ammo)
superboltrifleinf - Enhanced Bolt Rifle (unlimited ammo)
graviton - Graviton
freezer - Freezer
vulcan - Vulcan
theminer - The Miner
multimissile - MultiMissile Launcher
irpr - I.R.P.R.
megaton - MegaTon
megatondecoder - MegaTon Decoder
ultimaprotos - UltimaProtos
MessiahComplex
Novice
Personal rank: UT addict

Post by MessiahComplex »

Ahh, I see, good point. I'll have to try them. Also, awesome, yay for summon commands! Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:i got a bug, see http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 032up6.flv when you zoom and fire, and finished to fire and unzoomed, i don't see the projectile.

Image is a bug placing, is the default origin of the map.
Actually, I never noticed that bug, but what is causing it is simple: what may have happenned is that it spawned in the solid BSP, so therefor it was immediatlly destroyed. Thanks for the report, I will add that to my bugs list. :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote: Edit: small bug, you missing the button close on the menu :mrgreen:
Not really. You have the [x] button like in a normal window, so you can close it from there.
LMAO, really, I laughed when I saw the bugs (mostly the second, it's like you're reliefed about having disarmed the nuke, but then a unexpected BOOM, LOL :lol2: ). The first one is easilly solvable, now the second is a bit weird, but it's fixable too.
Once again, thanks of the reports, but avoid the double posting pls, edit the last post instead :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:lol! sorry :tu:

Edit: lol http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 032ys7.flv the shockwave go to me but i don't have a damage! i know, it's a so big map!! :mrgreen:
Well, those super shockwaves are really intended to not make any damage at a certain distance and beyond. Since it reaches a certain distance, the shock is strong enough to be felt, but not strong enough to make any possible damage, that's the main idea of this special shock. :mrgreen:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:OMG I GOT A MEGA BIG BUG!!! AND CRASHED MY WINDOWS

when you fire with the ultimateprotos and you throw it, your windows crash immediatelly!!!!!

EDIT: new bug http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 032fr9.flv :mrgreen:
If you mean throw it while it fires, well that's UT being a b*tch, that was most likelly a native crash. Still, I will try, and if that happens to me, I will try to fix that problem (just a little DropWeapon override).

The other one: what is funny, is that most bugs are the MegaTon placement. But I wouldn't consider that one a real bug (even that I never thought on that happenning). You're just transporting it with you since it landed on you. Still, I will maybe fix that one, maybe because that's a too funny bug to solve LOL
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks all for the bug reports, but now this thread will be locked, since I will open a new thread for the new release, since it's no longer beta and it is a total fix to the main stability and performance issues.

Once again, thanks all for reporting the beta version bugs. :tu: