Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Re: Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Post by zacman »

Sergeant Todd wrote:
Chiko' wrote:The jeep explosion is awesome. :D

Feralidragon, you should ask for idea to the members for weapons. I'm sure some could have some brilliant ideas of a killing machine. :p
Chainsaw Rocket Lancher (As in, fires rocket powered chainsaws)

actually... Holy crap!
*Goes to make a CRL*
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:Can you send me all your huge map?
My maps? If so, I no longer have them in my HD.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

that pretty nice!
played a few rou nds with the new weapons
good job :tu:
TJHooker
Novice

Post by TJHooker »

Feralidragon wrote:
luluthefirst wrote:Can you send me all your huge map?
My maps? If so, I no longer have them in my HD.
hi there buddy, how things going ? ...by the way i'd like to admit one thing...UltimaProtos in my opinion should damage through walls it would make it even more destructive...also i have a question the Tutano and you is the same person right ? ...arent you made those mod called Final Weapons ? LOL
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

TJHooker wrote: hi there buddy, how things going ? ...by the way i'd like to admit one thing...UltimaProtos in my opinion should damage through walls it would make it even more destructive
Well, that shouldn't really happen in this game. I mean, there are 2 problems with that:
- Performance: giving damage through walls would mean iterate through all the actors existing in the level and damage those which should take the damage. Well, it already might get slow if you have something like 50 pawns in field, imagine 100's of them in the entire level.
- Gameplay: that would mean also that you would inflict damage to yourself, no matter where you hide (only the distance you're at), and finishing a MH level or win a DM with just one blow is no fun, at least for me.
TJHooker wrote: ...also i have a question the Tutano and you is the same person right ? ...arent you made those mod called Final Weapons ? LOL
Yes, I am, and I did (you checked l4y right?), but I never bringed them up because they really really suck :oops: , on support, effects, etc.

That pack was actual the very first weapon pack I did, and it was intended to give a wider selection of super weapons rather than the Redeemer only. And although they seemed fine to me back then (and so I uploaded them), I kept doing some stuff afterwards, like: Nali Weapons (first version of all with 6 weapons), elemental instas (basically modified instas with a fire touch for Red, and ice touch for Blue: launched with a map - not a good one I must say LOL), then a another little weapon pack for another map (don't remember the name of them, but I think they had the Dark name along them, since one of the weapons spawned some "satanic nalis" and such to do some spells - for CTF only), and maybe some little others I don't remember.

But fact is, those past ones suck, and so almost no one knows them, and I got a little better with these ones and I still trying to improve them, because I am not fully happy with them either.
TJHooker
Novice

Post by TJHooker »

Feralidragon wrote:
TJHooker wrote: hi there buddy, how things going ? ...by the way i'd like to admit one thing...UltimaProtos in my opinion should damage through walls it would make it even more destructive
Well, that shouldn't really happen in this game. I mean, there are 2 problems with that:
- Performance: giving damage through walls would mean iterate through all the actors existing in the level and damage those which should take the damage. Well, it already might get slow if you have something like 50 pawns in field, imagine 100's of them in the entire level.
- Gameplay: that would mean also that you would inflict damage to yourself, no matter where you hide (only the distance you're at), and finishing a MH level or win a DM with just one blow is no fun, at least for me.
TJHooker wrote: ...also i have a question the Tutano and you is the same person right ? ...arent you made those mod called Final Weapons ? LOL
Yes, I am, and I did (you checked l4y right?), but I never bringed them up because they really really suck :oops: , on support, effects, etc.

That pack was actual the very first weapon pack I did, and it was intended to give a wider selection of super weapons rather than the Redeemer only. And although they seemed fine to me back then (and so I uploaded them), I kept doing some stuff afterwards, like: Nali Weapons (first version of all with 6 weapons), elemental instas (basically modified instas with a fire touch for Red, and ice touch for Blue: launched with a map - not a good one I must say LOL), then a another little weapon pack for another map (don't remember the name of them, but I think they had the Dark name along them, since one of the weapons spawned some "satanic nalis" and such to do some spells - for CTF only), and maybe some little others I don't remember.

But fact is, those past ones suck, and so almost no one knows them, and I got a little better with these ones and I still trying to improve them, because I am not fully happy with them either.
well...regarding damaging through walls here i shall disagree with you, cause i'm an ultimate cheater and i like playing games in completly unfair way LOL in every way possible...i like to feel complete domination over my victims LOL ...that is the reason i always summon half of weaponry from around 12-15 weapon packs and having like 60+ guns the same time OMG rofl thats how i do things...

...about those weapon pack (your first) shall disgaree again LOL ...simply because of the same reason i was talking about it does let you damaging through walls ))) i can careless about weapon model as far as we have such a cool and destructive projectile OMG
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

just played again with naliweapons.
in lastmanstanding, you start with all normall weapons, maybe you can fix that in a next version?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yes, I will. Thanks for the feedback :tu:

It's just the current mutator uses a different method to replace the weapons (due to certain MH bugs, and engine bugs themselves regarding CheckReplacement), but I forgot to make it so it could replace all player/bot weapons (it only replaces the player/bot enforcer currently).
So that's something I have to add to my fix list, thanks :mrgreen:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

About this: http://www.ut99.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2577
well, I won't do this "new" weapon pack anytime soon, at least not until Shadow releases his SDK to produce it (mostly due to graphics and physics requirements so it can look minimally good in the end, plus it would take a damn lot more time to produce than what I first thought of, while with the SDK it may take less than half of that time).

In the meanwhile, I decided to start working in the other old weapon pack of mine (this one) and do a new version (instead of a Nali Weapons II Final like I claimed before, I will do a Nali Weapons III):
- since most weapon models and effects will be completelly remade from scratch (WRE, Flame Tracker, Freezer, Vulcan, The Miner, etc, since they suck really bad visually for me)
- while others will be maintained but highly enhanced, both on skins and the model itself (MultiMissile launcher for example is starting to look more with a laucher rather than a "fish" with a stick [not screens yet since I didn't texture the new parts], BoltRifle won't be changed much since I think it looks rather good already (it was actually one of the 2 only weapons I still like in the pack, since they turned out good at a first attempt, but still will have some more detail);
- not only the weapons, but many projectiles, explosions, etc, will be totally remade from scratch as well, but all this won't take as long as the when the first pack was developed, since the code is already there, it's only about to enhance it and aplly the new stuf in it, since the "core" is already working and is very stable (fact proven during the last months);
- the new version will have that "viewbob" balancing, which all normal weapons have while you're walking, but not currently in this pack (in the current Nali Weapons pack they are almost "static", and that takes out a lot about the FPS and weapon feel any FPS weapon should have);
- still in the weapons improvements, bright overlayers will be there, at least in the 1st and pickup view of the weapon and in certain weapons, but I don't promisse anything for 3rd weapon view, but it's not that important either;
- and still in the part above, a few bright coronas and "lights" will be apllied as well in the weapon itself (after I confirmed that particles can be rendered on canvas at 100% (thanks Rakiayn :tu: ), and therefore the weapons should have further details which won't make any impact on the overall performance or functionality);
- also the new nali weapons will have that "hand" this time holding the weapon and maneuvering it (it will touch the buttons from the decoder, hold the weapons and have the full animation of selecting it or store it), but unlike all the weapon packs with no exception I seen to date for UT, this "hand" won't be part of the weapon model itself, instead I will try to make it like in the modern FPS games: the weapon is a model, the hand is another model. That will add the possibility to not render it if you don't want (if you like the weapons view only, like UT2004) or show it, but change it's skin accordingly when you're using either a human, nali, skaarj or a boss model, with the team colors and all, but this is something I am still thinking to make, not something 100% sure to be in the new version;
- the whole crosshair set sucks in the current pack, so basically I will try to do new ones and some of them will be "dynamic" (aiming, lock, etc), the same apllies by anything zoom or painting related (IRPR, UltimaProtos, Nuclear Launcher painter, etc);
- the nukes will get the makeover of their lives, and I might add one or another more;
- I am also planning to add "hand grenades", since currently you have 1 type of grenade that is only fired from the WRE, and I think I should add the possibilty to launch them yourself and to add more types, and perhaps WRE will just have the most powerfull type between them, or a completelly different grenade that can be only launched by this weapon, we'll see;
- the modifiers (for MH) will be totally changed graphically, and perhaps the pickups as well, and the chargers will be taken out and replaced by something more subtile and that actually works much better in a game like this;
- I am thinking to make the ammo animated as well (like, in case of the missiles, it will open you get near them to pick them up);
- and of course, 95% of the bugs should be fixed (the "hang" bug in weapons like Graviton and MultiMissile lauucher will be 100% fixed, guarateed [won't use timers anymore to control rates, since I am either a noob using them or UEngine doesn't like them in its weapon code, so therefore it will be done controlled by animation since it's flawless]);
- there are many other things that will be added/enhanced/etc, but at least you get the idea why a "new version" instead of a "final version".

All this to say what? Basically, this won't take 1 or 2 months only to be done (obviouslly), it will take some time, but in the meanwhile this is your chance (for who apreciates the current weapon pack) to say what you trully think about it's current state, and to sugest any improvements or any other kind of feedback you find necessary to take into account while I develop the new version (bug fixes, gameplay improvements, new weapons, whatever you find necessary to mention).

Of course, in the end this will be just another weapon pack, but at least it should be way better than the current version of it.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

If you need help in weapon design. I can do them look bad-ass.
You only need a modeller.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Have you thought about releasing your stuff at moddb ?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote:If you need help in weapon design. I can do them look bad-ass.
You only need a modeller.
Thanks, but I already have their new design in my head, since they have a story in another mod which is already in production (and where they will be used as well). And basically I make my own models, since that way I can keep the same level of quality, and therefore there won't be weapons with noticeable quality loss or, most likelly if I contacted a modeller to do it, an higher quality would stand out relative to everything else I made, and I want the quality and style uniform, even if it's not that high.
So in resume, I already defined the design for most weapons, and if you helped me with the remaining, the quality would boost to a much higher level (since you can indeed make them look badass :mrgreen: ), but then the other weapons wouldn't be apreciated at all and they would look misplaced in the pack. But thanks anyway for the offer :tu: , but on another hand, that doesn't discard the ideas for totally new weapons for the pack, so feel free to give out any if you want :wink:

What I need now is the any feedback regarding the current pack (visuals quality, gameplay, firemodes, bugs, etc), and any request that people might want to see added to the new version.
Shadow wrote:Have you thought about releasing your stuff at moddb ?
I already did since I released Nali Weapons II:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-ii

Although this weapon pack is the only mod I have submitted at moddb, I have 2 other big mods fully developed and 1 still in production, but unlike most modders there, I don't update it with "in development" stuff, I update it when I have to give some new info or news, or really when I release new versions. I know it might be wrong regarding mod popularity (updating on release only, instead of "teasing" with screenshots and videos), but that's the way I do stuff in certain places and with specific mods (for instance, I will place only something there or on unrealsp regarding the vehicles mod when I get 80% of it done, since it can turn into "vaporware" if I am not able to finish it).
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I have an Idea for a special tool what maybe fits your weaponry.

The Sun-Beam:
A very huge tool what have been used to vaporize a whole forest or small hills.
A man thick beam incinerate everything in its way... no flames only cinder.
But be careful this tool overheat very fast and explode in an quick, perfervidly explosion like a little sun.
If the beam starts flickering and steam comes out you get only few seconds to throw the tool and run like hell.
This is the main reason why it is disestablished as tool for the forestry.

I can make some drawings if you want .... :mrgreen:

EDIT----------------------------------------------------

I'll test today your NW II X ...tomorrow I try to give you feedback.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks papercoffee :tu: Although about that gun, something similar will exist in the next version (actually, it's a weapon I want to reintroduce in the new version, since the original is hidden the first version of nali weapons, but then I didn't make it again to nali weapons ii, and now I should bring it back in the version III).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this might be the only shot I will be able to show during this month:

In this case, the MultiMissile Launcher wasn't "remade", rather it was "enhanced" to look a bit more detailed and to look like a launcher instead of a weird weapon with a "stick" lol. But, the new one doesn't show everything you should see in game regarding visuals from this weapon (unlike previous versions), since some special addons (visuals, interface and gameplay) will also be added to enhance it a bit more and the new pack overall.

This is the current MultiMissile Launcher from Nali Weapons II X (old one, you can call it "sucky sucky" ROFL):

This one is the NEW one for the upcoming version (Nali Weapons III), and again, you don't see the full visuals like "lights" or the new screen display or even the hand which will hold it:

Not the biggest improvement you ever saw, but the changes and "feel" of the weapon should change a lot in the actual game (for better I hope and aim).
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

So at First ...please excuse my bad English and if I don't know all names of the weapons:

I tested...
handling / look+sound / game-flow

the first Weapon you start with:
Handling is very simple to use, only aim and enjoy.
the alt-fire is something I didn't managed to identify what it is doing...
make it the enemy slower or some thing?
anyway it is fun to see the nades bounce in the correct angel of the wall.

it looks ok ...a simple gun without eye-candy.
Don't get it wrong. This Gun isn't ugly.
And the sound is outstanding.

The game-flow is something I don't know.
I like this weapon ...but the ammunition is very fast gone ...if you respawn close to an enemy you can fight with this gun very well. But if there comes directly another opponent you are a goner. So ...if you respawn with this weapon don't fight, retreat and search a better gun.

The Flame-thingy:
I love Flame-thrower. This weapon is one with an rocket like function on alt-fire.
Only the overheating is some times too fast... but on other hands it is a very powerful weapon. So... I think you have to deal with it.

The look is pleasant ...you get visual signs, if the gun is overheating and texture looks alright.

Game-flow is again difficult ...you got this weapon with this powerful alt-fire, an awesome normal fire and an deadly delay if you fired it off.
Na.... this weapon is cool ....somehow ...but ... I don't know.
But I got a few good kills with it.

The Ice maker:
You can freeze your opponent and this work very well. The huge splash damage is helpful.
I love the idea with this freezing. only the alt-fire is something I don't like. You never get the feeling you really hit some one or do some damage. This ice splinters seems for me as an alibi.

The appearance is so far the weakest ...It is a square white tube thingy and some specular surface. It looks more like a kitchen machine than a weapon.

The Game flow is ok ... freezer burn for free. Who wanna ice-cream ? ...it tastes of dead.

Here for now a break. The other weapons comes tomorrow. I go sleep now.