Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks so far for the feedback :tu:
papercoffee wrote: the first Weapon you start with:
Handling is very simple to use, only aim and enjoy.
the alt-fire is something I didn't managed to identify what it is doing...
make it the enemy slower or some thing?
anyway it is fun to see the nades bounce in the correct angel of the wall.

it looks ok ...a simple gun without eye-candy.
Don't get it wrong. This Gun isn't ugly.
And the sound is outstanding.

The game-flow is something I don't know.
I like this weapon ...but the ammunition is very fast gone ...if you respawn close to an enemy you can fight with this gun very well. But if there comes directly another opponent you are a goner. So ...if you respawn with this weapon don't fight, retreat and search a better gun.
Well, the alt-fire is an ion grenade, but I did one big mistake here (since I was afraid of overpowering in this weapon): it doesn't give much damage and takes a lot of ammo to fire it. I already got reports that you end up having no ammo to quickly, and that's something I plan to change severally.
So if you use grenades, you end up not doing much and spend a lot of ammo in the process :\

The weapon visuals, I don't like them myself, since it looks average as a pickup, but at first person if totally fails as something that you shoot (if you know what I mean lol). That's why I already got a new concept for it and I will remake it, but keep somewhat the functionalities, but of course, in a way you don't run out of ammo and that you actually kill someone with a grenade lol

One of the things I will add to ALL weapons in the new version is a hand holding and managing them in first person (already made the experiment with the new missile launcher, and it looks and feels so much better as a weapon, I never imagined it would make so much difference). And also give their "viewbob" back, so they balance while you walk like any normal weapon. Little details that make a huge difference, but that I didn't considered or didn't want to add, my bad...

Btw, the name of that weapon is W.R.E. (War Ready Enforcer), although currently it doesn't look like one.
papercoffee wrote: The Flame-thingy:
I love Flame-thrower. This weapon is one with an rocket like function on alt-fire.
Only the overheating is some times too fast... but on other hands it is a very powerful weapon. So... I think you have to deal with it.

The look is pleasant ...you get visual signs, if the gun is overheating and texture looks alright.

Game-flow is again difficult ...you got this weapon with this powerful alt-fire, an awesome normal fire and an deadly delay if you fired it off.
Na.... this weapon is cool ....somehow ...but ... I don't know.
But I got a few good kills with it.
Actually this is one of the weapons I don't like myself, regarding mostly the visuals. Although the functionality will be basically the same, and overall "visuals type", it will be totally remade from scratch. Also the flames look pretty much like "bright paper" to me, and therefore the flames will look like flames in the next version.
papercoffee wrote: The Ice maker:
You can freeze your opponent and this work very well. The huge splash damage is helpful.
I love the idea with this freezing. only the alt-fire is something I don't like. You never get the feeling you really hit some one or do some damage. This ice splinters seems for me as an alibi.

The appearance is so far the weakest ...It is a square white tube thingy and some specular surface. It looks more like a kitchen machine than a weapon.

The Game flow is ok ... freezer burn for free. Who wanna ice-cream ? ...it tastes of dead.
Another weapon which I will make from scratch. This is the 2nd weapon I hate the most in my pack due to its visuals.
The visuals are like that because I wanted to make it the shape of a simple "hex", but the downside of it, like you said, it that compared to the rest of the pack it just looks too much cubic. This one will be much differently regarding the weapon itself, specially since I already have the new concept in my head, and it will look like a proper weapon in the end (I hope).
And now that you talk about the alt-fire, that gave me a totally new idea to make it look good (or at least funny :mrgreen: ).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

So ...I proceed. :mrgreen:

The Gravity gun:
This is one of my favourites so far. The beam on the alt-fire is awesome... you throw your enemies out of the level. maybe it is someway too stiff... you don't get the feeling you lift an opponent, its more like you lift a toy made of plastic material. The normal fire is good ...a badass shot ...fire it and see the enemy sucked in the mini vortex. But here it is the same fault as with the WRE, you are running too quick out of ammo. You do not really have time to enjoy using your weapon.

The pick-up model looks ok'ish ...it is a tube ...but with some nice eyecandy. You see the vortex ammo inside. But the player model looks boring. You see only the tube nothing to catch attention. Somehow I felt like a plumber.

The Game flow is adequate ...I did have fun using this gun. The downside is, there is way to less ammo for a weapon that consumes it so fast.

The Multi Missile launcher:
The handling... hm?... not bad ...You can switch easily between the different ammunition and shoot ...as long you have any ammo. if you run out of it ...poor guy.
There two things I don't like.
_First, the empty ammo slots ...why do I have to check the empty slots if I don't own the ammo. As standard pick-up you have three ammunition for this launcher if you use the last of the three and want the first one again you switch through 3 empty slots only to see there empty. if you run out of one of the standard ammunition another empty slot join in and you have to switch between more slots ...if this is a balance issue why are the rockets so weak ...this blue rocket is the only really useful.
_Second, if you run out off all ammo ...you can't switch to another weapon. You have to throw the launcher away. after this you can use your other weapons.

The Visual is good ...You got the feeling to hold a powerful weapon in your hand. I did see the new MML but I like the old one as well.

Game flow is in this case very easy to assess ...sorry ....the weapon sucks a little bit. You take it if no other weapon is around. But you don't wanna use it a long time, You take preferably the WRE or run for a better weapon.

The not-shockrifle
It has in some way the same handling as the shockrifle ...and this is not bad.
You shoot a flash of lightning or a ball-lightning and both can be combined to a mostly deadly burst.
And this is the problem ...mostly ...I do damage... but for some reason I don't get any feedback if I do anything. I see the opponent is shocked but runs away or straight to me and kill me.

The Look is outstanding ...you got animation for the different fire mode. The texture fit this weapon very well and the effects are cool. the lightning looks so awesome and the Burst is great.

Game flow, I used this weapon very often, but not as an offensive than a defensive weapon ...to shoot at enemies who are in fight with other than me.

ToBeContinued
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: The Gravity gun:
This is one of my favourites so far. The beam on the alt-fire is awesome... you throw your enemies out of the level. maybe it is someway too stiff... you don't get the feeling you lift an opponent, its more like you lift a toy made of plastic material. The normal fire is good ...a badass shot ...fire it and see the enemy sucked in the mini vortex. But here it is the same fault as with the WRE, you are running too quick out of ammo. You do not really have time to enjoy using your weapon.

The pick-up model looks ok'ish ...it is a tube ...but with some nice eyecandy. You see the vortex ammo inside. But the player model looks boring. You see only the tube nothing to catch attention. Somehow I felt like a plumber.

The Game flow is adequate ...I did have fun using this gun. The downside is, there is way to less ammo for a weapon that consumes it so fast.
One of the things that are planned is the beam remake, and the physics of it (learned some stuff about 'spring physics' that is very easy and fast to implement in UScript [no processing or physics issues if done right, even for online play, and it only takes a very few lines of code]) and basically the beam will "curve" if you shake it, and one of the other "features" is that the heavier the object you hold, more ammo you consume and more the beam will be affected by world gravity itself (let's say you pick up a player, it won't almost curve down at all, but if you pick up a titan, it will curve a bit, to give the notion of weight, making it more realistic from my point of view).

About the model itself, I was in a serious doubt if you would remake the whole thing or just enhance it, but after your feedback I decided to remake it. You should still see the ammo inside (with powered up visuals of course), but it won't look much like a "tube" anymore.

About ammo consumption, it will be balanced out in the beam's case, but it will be still high in the vortex. The reason is simple: the vortex keeps "sucking" until it hits a wall, and it will stay like that, so if I lower it too much it will be spammed and you can do a lot of "easy" kills.

Also another feature I want to implement with the new "spring physics", is the ability to "kill" with it, smashing objects and pawns if you move the beam faster, and I have somewhat a "WhoPushedMe" like detection for this weapon in case you throw a player to a void or lave or something like that.
papercoffee wrote: The Multi Missile launcher:
The handling... hm?... not bad ...You can switch easily between the different ammunition and shoot ...as long you have any ammo. if you run out of it ...poor guy.
There two things I don't like.
_First, the empty ammo slots ...why do I have to check the empty slots if I don't own the ammo. As standard pick-up you have three ammunition for this launcher if you use the last of the three and want the first one again you switch through 3 empty slots only to see there empty. if you run out of one of the standard ammunition another empty slot join in and you have to switch between more slots ...if this is a balance issue why are the rockets so weak ...this blue rocket is the only really useful.
_Second, if you run out off all ammo ...you can't switch to another weapon. You have to throw the launcher away. after this you can use your other weapons.

The Visual is good ...You got the feeling to hold a powerful weapon in your hand. I did see the new MML but I like the old one as well.

Game flow is in this case very easy to assess ...sorry ....the weapon sucks a little bit. You take it if no other weapon is around. But you don't wanna use it a long time, You take preferably the WRE or run for a better weapon.
The "I can't switch to another weapon" is a bug that happens sometimes with this weapon. In the new version it will be fixed.
About selecting immediatly to an available missile instead of go through all the empty ones, I honestly thought about that before I even released the Nali Weapons II as a new pack, and I should indeed have done it, but I wanted at the same time give the players the knowledge that they simply couldn't fire it since they had no ammo left for them (believe me or not, but people would get pissed if they tried to access to a missile they know it exists but couldn't for some reason, and they would consider it a bug instead of lack of ammo, that's how online play is in some cases lol). But in the next launcher it will skip like you said it should, and at the same time people will know that some missiles aren't available due to ammo or if they are disabled: for instance you will know what missile you're using from the screen like in the current launcher, but the new one will have 6 pairs of indicative lights: 1 pair with blinking red lights if you're using a seeking missile (going to full light when you lock), and 5 pairs for missiles availabity (each pair for each missile type, where green=available, yellow=available but only to launch 1, red=not available).
Also, all the missiles will be somewhat changed, mostly in their visuals and results (specially the green one won't exist anymore as people know it, it will be a brand new type, since currently it takes too much ammo and it sucks).

Btw, regarding the "new launcher" [which is this case is a enhancement of the old one], there's a shot in the first post of this page lol
papercoffee wrote: The not-shockrifle
It has in some way the same handling as the shockrifle ...and this is not bad.
You shoot a flash of lightning or a ball-lightning and both can be combined to a mostly deadly burst.
And this is the problem ...mostly ...I do damage... but for some reason I don't get any feedback if I do anything. I see the opponent is shocked but runs away or straight to me and kill me.

The Look is outstanding ...you got animation for the different fire mode. The texture fit this weapon very well and the effects are cool. the lightning looks so awesome and the Burst is great.

Game flow, I used this weapon very often, but not as an offensive than a defensive weapon ...to shoot at enemies who are in fight with other than me.
When you say they don't notice, you mean regarding the combo? If so, it's quite normal (my bad there). You see, the overlayers FX system fools in that case, since they get the effect on them, but they might be actually not hit by them. A mistake of mine there.

I won't do a new model of this weapon (which I had already decided from the beggining, so like the missile launcher, this weapon will be just enhanced to match the rest of the new weapons quality), but I will modify a bit the lightining and so, to look better (I already saw in some games it can look better even under UEngine1 UScript). However, some gameplay factors (like that one which it seems you "hit" the player, but that you actually didn't) will be fixed.

Well, once again, thanks for the honest feedback so far there :mrgreen: :tu:
This is the kind of feedback I was really needing to make some decisions regarding the new version (changes and enhancements) :wink:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

let's continue.....

The Gatling one:
The is a cool weapon concept ...the main fire shake so well you think this weapon can destroy the whole map.
Sound is good as well. The alt-fire is somehow less powerful ...I can't kill many with this grenades, the splash-damage is sometimes irritating. don't know ...maybe its me.

The look is some thing I don't like so much ...this shiny gold material is too over the top.
I thought first time I see, it is some car tuning device to pimp your ride, or some turbine.
Afterwards I recognise it is a Gatling gun.

The flow is somehow good ...the nades are not so often used but the normal fire is fun. You can fight well against any weapon with this Gun.

The Mine-thrower:
Uhhhhhhh lovely ....this Weapon is nasty ...I had much fun to throw mines under the weapon pick-up station and see the enemy be greedy for a good Gun to kill me. Boooom. This weapon is difficult to use in offensive fight but it wasn't made for. With the Mine-thrower you can play dirty.

The appearance is well made a little bit to big but this doesn't matter really.

now to the game flow ...it is in some way very good ...it is fun to use this weapon. And it is fun to be killed by this thing.
You think "Dammit I felt for this trap ...again" "next time I get you for this".
only the bots don't use this weapon right ...they always go offensive and fail.

tbC...
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

MineThrower can block movers (if they are set to 'return') and can make the map unplayable then
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Sp0ngeb0b wrote:MineThrower can block movers (if they are set to 'return') and can make the map unplayable then
Oh didn't recognise it ...in which map did you see this problem?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: The Gatling one:
The is a cool weapon concept ...the main fire shake so well you think this weapon can destroy the whole map.
Sound is good as well. The alt-fire is somehow less powerful ...I can't kill many with this grenades, the splash-damage is sometimes irritating. don't know ...maybe its me.

The look is some thing I don't like so much ...this shiny gold material is too over the top.
I thought first time I see, it is some car tuning device to pimp your ride, or some turbine.
Afterwards I recognise it is a Gatling gun.

The flow is somehow good ...the nades are not so often used but the normal fire is fun. You can fight well against any weapon with this Gun.
In resume: totally new model is already planned :mrgreen:, 2nd fire mode if going to be different since it's useless anyway most of the times.
papercoffee wrote: The Mine-thrower:
Uhhhhhhh lovely ....this Weapon is nasty ...I had much fun to throw mines under the weapon pick-up station and see the enemy be greedy for a good Gun to kill me. Boooom. This weapon is difficult to use in offensive fight but it wasn't made for. With the Mine-thrower you can play dirty.

The appearance is well made a little bit to big but this doesn't matter really.

now to the game flow ...it is in some way very good ...it is fun to use this weapon. And it is fun to be killed by this thing.
You think "Dammit I felt for this trap ...again" "next time I get you for this".
only the bots don't use this weapon right ...they always go offensive and fail.
The AI support is something I heard often. In the next release I will make them "smart" using it (specially in pathed maps, of course).
Remember me saying that the Freezer was the 2nd weapon I hated the most due to its visuals? Well, this for me is the number 1, so definitivelly this one will get a brand new model, but it should still be a bit big (due to the big mines, otherwise the weapon would look a bit dumb being small and firing huge mines, although there are a few weapons like that already in the current pack rofl).
Sp0ngeb0b wrote:MineThrower can block movers (if they are set to 'return') and can make the map unplayable then
Now, in Nali Weapons v1.4 that happenned with the first miner indeed 100% of the cases, but that was imediatly solved in the first release of Nali Weapons II, do basically now that situation is very rare (and there's a server running them in MH for a long time already, and no complains regarding the miner, so I guess that almost never happens now).

EDIT: Yes, there's a big bug on the miner. There's another way that blocks any mover with a mine: if you place them between the doors or the elevator way but not in the mover itself, it will block once the mover touches them. I will have to fix that in the next version, thanks for the report Sp0ngeb0b :tu:

So far, thanks again for the feedback :mrgreen:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Some additional to the gravity gun....
You can use it in CTF to trap the enemy flag carrier or take your team mate with the enemy flag out of volley. great! :tu:

Ok I proceed:

The sniper-WH-rifle:
Ok this is mean ...A weapon with built-in wall hack and zoom. :mrgreen:
The Handling is easy like the sniper rifle from UT You shoot you zoom ....omg I can see 'em naked? ....no not really.
The heat-vision is very interesting to use it. You locate your enemy pretty easy ...but you can't assess if some one is behind a wall or in front of it. So ...you have to shoot many bullets to see where exactly is your opponent. this will get you to the other point of critic the wall thickness... I can't figure out which wall I can shoot through.
Some indicator would be helpful.

The visuals ...hm ...what exactly is this rifle? A squirt gun? It is so tiny and flimsy compared to the other guns.
For a mean weapon like the WH-rifle is the visual very poor ...You expect some thick bastard with sniper-scope but you get a squirt gun.
I hope you don't get my critic personally... its only ....I hate the look of this rifle. sorry.

The Gameflow is very good.
nothing to criticise ...only the things from "handling" above.
Maybe the sound could be a little bit more powerful.

Next Post is for the OMG-you-are-insane Weapons...
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote:Some additional to the gravity gun....
You can use it in CTF to trap the enemy flag carrier or take your team mate with the enemy flag out of volley. great! :tu:
LOL, honestly I think that weapon is not suited for CTF maps, specially for Face for obvious reasons (although no weapon in the original Face gets replaced by this one currently, it only gets replaced in Face SE).
papercoffee wrote: The sniper-WH-rifle:
Ok this is mean ...A weapon with built-in wall hack and zoom. :mrgreen:
The Handling is easy like the sniper rifle from UT You shoot you zoom ....omg I can see 'em naked? ....no not really.
The heat-vision is very interesting to use it. You locate your enemy pretty easy ...but you can't assess if some one is behind a wall or in front of it. So ...you have to shoot many bullets to see where exactly is your opponent. this will get you to the other point of critic the wall thickness... I can't figure out which wall I can shoot through.
Some indicator would be helpful.

The visuals ...hm ...what exactly is this rifle? A squirt gun? It is so tiny and flimsy compared to the other guns.
For a mean weapon like the WH-rifle is the visual very poor ...You expect some thick bastard with sniper-scope but you get a squirt gun.
I hope you don't get my critic personally... its only ....I hate the look of this rifle. sorry.

The Gameflow is very good.
nothing to criticise ...only the things from "handling" above.
Maybe the sound could be a little bit more powerful.
I don't mind those criticisms at all, so don't worry. I asked feedback, and there it is in all its might just like I need lol :tu:
Regarding the heat-vision itself, it will be much more realistic (different ranges if you are "detecting" something "clear" in your view or behind a wall, and the way they are rendered will be different as well, and also the colors will be very different and they will give a better realistic view on heat itself) and the amount of processing of all will be more than 15/20x lower than the current heat-view system (more realism + much less processing).

About the weapon itself, I know, it sucks. I enhanced its skin a while ago, and it looked very good as a pickup, but then you pick it up and... ughh, wtf is that? I know, so I don't mind the truth rofl :lol2: I promisse it will look and feel like a proper sniper in the next version (I am working my ass off in the new visuals and new modular flexible structure of the whole mod, instead of that integrated structure everyone hates in mine and other mods out there, now in the process of divide to conquer... almost 400 different integrated classes :omfg: , I had forgot how big this pack was regarding coding rofl, now I have to divide everything in around sets of 20 code classes/objects each, starting with the core... damn lol ).

About the wall thickness "notion" to shoot, thanks very much for the hint. :tu:
I never thought on that, although I already experienced that many times and got pissed about it (in game, not during testings lol, I play with them in the server times to times rofl). So I already had an idea to make that (basically having an info in the zoom which says if the target you're pointing at it's achievable through that wall, and that is quite easy to make, although it will add a bit more of extra processing, however it worths it and I will reduce severally the amount of processing of the whole sniper, so rising a bit afterwards because of that is completelly ok :D ).

papercoffee wrote: Next Post is for the OMG-you-are-insane Weapons...
Thinking about it, there are only a few weapons left, the ones classified as "super" or/and "mega" LOL:
- Cybot Launcher
- Enhanced Bolt Rifle (it's basically the insta version of the bolt rifle)
- MegaTon (I honestly advice you to experiment this one in the biggest outdoor map you have, or create one specially for this, and regarding gameflow there's nothing besides: "sh*t! RUN!" kinda weapon imo)
- Ultima Protos (the same as above, but a bit bigger lol)
- Nuclear Launchers Lvl 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (A to E if you like)

- There are 2 more pickups listed as weapons, but they are basically "acessories" regarding the MegaTon: MegaTon Decoder and Password Card, so they are in the weapons list, but they are not exactly weapons. But feel free to give any feedback of them if you like, although they don't have much use besides when there's a MegaTon planted already.

Again, Thanks so far for your feedback, it's really helping me in clearing some doubts out regarding the new version :tu: :gj: :mrgreen:
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

@MultiMissile Launcher: Actually I like both versions from what I see on the picture, but yearh the newer version has some great fake-shader effects. Its really amazing how fast you got better with skinning (I still remember your first trys) and now look where you are now. Really great.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Well...What to say? I LOVED it. Specially this anti-grav weapon. God dammit, I can grab people and trow them wherever i like! :satan: The gravitron should be nicknamed "God's hand" (or devil's, maybe, lol).
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

^ Thanks :tu: , however you got my word in that it will look and play much better than what it plays now (after all, this pack version is already 1 year old in case you didn't notice, lot's of things have changed since then regarding what I consider minimum quality) lol

@Creavion: Thanks :tu:
I also remember when I left you speechless when I have shown you the first version of Flame Tracker, in a bad way of course LMAO :lol:

But since then I always tried to break visual and functionaliy theoric barriers, and since then I have been working to achieve better effects at a very low cost (and basically those vehicles I have been releasing as demos internally have already a few set of those enhancements). You would be surprised on what ANYONE can do in the current engine ONLY (no native or other kind of mods) if they have at least: some modelling/vertex manipulation, image editing and coding skills and a bit of imagination. That's why I am trying to do my best in those 3 fields, since once I achieve "domination" over the 3 fields (which I am still far from it), only the sky will be the limit, and I will be basically pretty much independent to do whatever I want in any engine.
Of course, sound and music editing are a final field to dominate, but sound and specially music are 2 things I never got absolutelly any skills to do anything than regular modifications that anyone is capable to do ROFL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, in the new version the way the pickups respawn (effect) will be absolutelly different from what they are now (zero lag guaranteed in this new effect relative to current particles respawn effect), but just in case I think I will add an option to make them respawn the standard way in case people don't apreciate it.

Also, soon I will post some screens showing the totally new modifiers pickups visuals (they are pickups specially for MH/Coop/SV gametypes, and that only the people that played with these so far in MH knows what they are very well).
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Tadaa....

The red Bolt Rifle thingy:
nothing really to say. It is like the instagib from UT with cool effects ...the killing effect is one of the best.

The egg-planter (or aka Cybot Launcher):
So ....what do we have here... less a weapon more a support device.
It feels like a device made for CTF and/or assault ...like the sentry-gun in Team-Fortress.
but wit more functions. Ok ....I must admit that I didn't use all functions, there are too many and in fight you'll use only the first.
point of critic here again we have empty slots ...many empty slots ....more empty slots as loaded?!
Why do I get a Super Weapon with empty slots? I can't pick-up any ammo for this ...!!? :???:
The drones it self are useful and fun (I planted one of the fling drone on DM-Morpheus ...instant win!). The weapon charger is a awesome device but should maybe only available in CTF and assault game types.

The looking ...it is not bad. first I thought "huh a pump-gun?". But its not worth mentioning.
The display is something I can't figure out what to do. I see flying drones standing drones and letters .... :noidea no hint what all the drones are doing ...oh and the empty slots. Where I can still fire the weapon (animation and sound) but nothing comes out.
Again the Drones it self are cool ...the animation is pretty well done. I love the particle effect of the weapon charger drone.

This support device is very useful in certain game types ... as I said for CTF and assault (I don't own MH).
In other game types is this weapon fun but needless.

The Megaton:
No it is no companion-cube!!!
The Handling is OK ...you set a number for password choose a time limit plant it on the ground.....................AND RUN LIKE HELL!!
Goddammit is this thing huge if it explode... I build a test map with over 8000 unit in square and double the scale ... I'd run to the other end of the map and still got damage, no I died 2 times.
Ferali..... What are you thinking?!!?! How should someone use this nuclear companion-cube?????
Don't misunderstand, it is fun to use, but ...if you want to win a DM in no time this weapon is the right choice.

The Visual is boring ...of the Weapon itself. But what do you expect? It is a nuclear Bomb you don't see it after you plant it... because you run for your life.
The explosion is a beauty ...You see and feel the power. It is overwhelming.

The Game flow is ...fucked up. Because I don't know how to play with this weapon. Ok the opponent can defuse the Bomb by make a guess or kill the password carrier and collect the card. if there is enough time. But after time limit there is no where to hide. You die. respawn. Die again. respawn. You still kick the bucket. respawn...... Ok now is the explosion gone.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: The red Bolt Rifle thingy:
nothing really to say. It is like the instagib from UT with cool effects ...the killing effect is one of the best.
Yes, pretty much. The only thing that will be new in this weapon is the crosshair and the overall visuals, nothing more lol
papercoffee wrote: The egg-planter (or aka Cybot Launcher):
So ....what do we have here... less a weapon more a support device.
It feels like a device made for CTF and/or assault ...like the sentry-gun in Team-Fortress.
but wit more functions. Ok ....I must admit that I didn't use all functions, there are too many and in fight you'll use only the first.
point of critic here again we have empty slots ...many empty slots ....more empty slots as loaded?!
Why do I get a Super Weapon with empty slots? I can't pick-up any ammo for this ...!!? :???:
The drones it self are useful and fun (I planted one of the fling drone on DM-Morpheus ...instant win!). The weapon charger is a awesome device but should maybe only available in CTF and assault game types.

The looking ...it is not bad. first I thought "huh a pump-gun?". But its not worth mentioning.
The display is something I can't figure out what to do. I see flying drones standing drones and letters .... :noidea no hint what all the drones are doing ...oh and the empty slots. Where I can still fire the weapon (animation and sound) but nothing comes out.
Again the Drones it self are cool ...the animation is pretty well done. I love the particle effect of the weapon charger drone.

This support device is very useful in certain game types ... as I said for CTF and assault (I don't own MH).
In other game types is this weapon fun but needless.
Well, some cybots will be totally replaced regarding functions and such in the next version (since some of the actual cybots are pretty much useless).
I built them not thinking exactly in DM, but in gametypes like CTF and MH, and regarding ammo for this weapon, believe me or not but some maps have Redeemer ammo in them. Also, since there's a timed "reward" random system for MH in this pack, one of the rewards it's a cybot launcher, and if you keep it and win another, instead of having 2 launchers, you get more ammo for your own launcher, "unlocking" new cybots for your use. But taking out the "offensive stationary" and "heli" ones, the rest was thought to use more in MH and similar gametypes. But you're right though, there's no reason to have a lot of empty slots, and there should have a brief description regarding each cybots function.
Another thing I have to fix is the bots AI regarding cybots in their positions. If you notice, even if the cybot attacks a bot, the bot won't attack back ever, making the match pretty much won if you get yourself a cybot in a botmatch, and that must and will be fixed in the next version.
Also, regarding their visuals and animations, they will look way more agressive and advanced than what they are now.
papercoffee wrote: The Megaton:
No it is no companion-cube!!!
The Handling is OK ...you set a number for password choose a time limit plant it on the ground.....................AND RUN LIKE HELL!!
Goddammit is this thing huge if it explode... I build a test map with over 8000 unit in square and double the scale ... I'd run to the other end of the map and still got damage, no I died 2 times.
Ferali..... What are you thinking?!!?! How should someone use this nuclear companion-cube?????
Don't misunderstand, it is fun to use, but ...if you want to win a DM in no time this weapon is the right choice.

The Visual is boring ...of the Weapon itself. But what do you expect? It is a nuclear Bomb you don't see it after you plant it... because you run for your life.
The explosion is a beauty ...You see and feel the power. It is overwhelming.

The Game flow is ...fucked up. Because I don't know how to play with this weapon. Ok the opponent can defuse the Bomb by make a guess or kill the password carrier and collect the card. if there is enough time. But after time limit there is no where to hide. You die. respawn. Die again. respawn. You still kick the bucket. respawn...... Ok now is the explosion gone.
Well, the first thing I must explain is that "what I was thinking when I built it", right? lol :tongue: Well, basically, I built this nuke thinking in a possible new gametype, something like a mix of CTF with AS, where you would have basically 2 teams (or more), and your mission would be to pick up the megaton and plant it in a range that could destroy the enemy base/core/whatever objective, but in the case your enemy is already doing it, you would have to kill and find the player with the password card (or figure it out by yourself) to deactivate the nuke and plant it in their base with another whatever password. I implemented it in this pack mostly to see people's reaction to its visuals and to see its stability relative highly stressed servers (mostly MH ones), and so far it was been a success both ways.
So yeah, game flow is fucked up, since it's not intended for small maps or even DM maps, it's only suitable for big outdoor CTF or AS maps, and MH ones as well, and the ideal was to make a war style gametype where I would include other "strategical" weapons. The problem with the CTF-AS mix in the current version is that people would have to download an 40Mb UZ just for the MegaTon, in the case of even a War gametype (without vehicles) is that there's a gametype called Siege already, and the idea would be pretty much the same but with a much more advanced quality and concept, and that's why I won't do it either (I don't want to look like if I was trying to copy another gametype, so I will just stay with what's still original, but I wanted indeed to make something like an "advanced siege" of sort to speak).
In the next version, both the Megaton and its acessories will be totally remade and will look much more agressive and "heavy", and also the new nuke will be much more realistic, plus I intend to make people type the time and password, not by sucessive clicks, but by the number keys themselves (I already have an idea on how to make that, and you should be able to write anything you want, but still with 3 digits only).

The other mega weapons, consider them as a bonus for the current pack, so don't expect a better or worse gameplay relative to this one lol, however I will be waiting for some quality feedback like you have been doing so far. :mrgreen:

Thanks so far :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Now we come to the most insane weapons...

The Ultima Testosterone:
You get an redeemer like rocket launcher with a sniper scope .................what? ... Yeah you got it right a sniper-rocket-launcher and I thought the chainsaw-rocket was exaggerated.
Well ....You Aim and shoot, but sometimes nothing happened. You got an *puuuf* and that's all. I don't get it, what did I wrong?!!!
The zoom is nice but with the huge cursor what indicate the impact destination it is not really useful.
And why should I zoom if the explosion cover the whole map?
Why is this nuke explosion so frigging huge?
You can't use this weapon if you have friendly fire on ...all player will die ...no exception.
If You shoot 'em on CTF-Lava-giant and run to DM-Gothic to hide behind the big walls even there you got killed by this nuke explosion.

The Visual is .....hm..... a huge, mostly grey, squarely, hulk ...with a scope.
This weapon is not to bad looking and not even good looking. I don't know.
The explosion is again beautiful ...all this might and power.

I can't say anything to the game-flow ...there is no one.
This weapon has the same problems like the Megaton.