Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Post by Feralidragon »

Just a small correction in your code Jack, idk if you mistyped it or if it's really like that in the original code, but in the second one (AlwaysRelevant function):

Code: Select all

if (Other.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
      ScriptedPawn(Other).bIsPlayer = False;
Will never run, ever, because of this:

if(Other.IsA('ScriptedPawn')) return true;
Perhaps your intent was this instead?

{
      return true; 
   }
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I had questions regarding the graviton. Not sure if these two things I've seen online are glitches or a feature I just don't fully understand.

1) I've seen people using the alternate fire and jumping, basically using it like Spidey webswings, to pull themselves along higher or practically use it like a pole vault. It's scary fast this way, shooting past me faster than a redeemer, with the alt fire trailing the ground. What is that and how do I do it?

:?

2) On more than one occasion, when stuck on a level of MonsterHunt, when nobody knows what to do and we're basically just shooting at stuff and each other until somebody figures it out, I've used the graviton's alt fire to grab someone and push them thru a locked door. Which on the one hand is kinda cool but bad if there's nothing in there because then the poor bugger is stuck behind a locked door. Is that a normal feature?

Have a nice day!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

1) It started as a bug and ended up as a feature. Basically it works by you picking up yourself with your own graviton (point it fully down and activate the beam) and move it to the direction you want to "fly" to.
That "bug" is fixed, but in the ini there's an option to deactivate this fix, and some MH servers hosting NW2 have that fix deactivated because players actually enjoy doing that.
And yes, the movement is very fast due to the nature of the weapon itself, as your new position is update in each game tick or update, and that new position is exactly where you're pointing at, so it get pretty fast indeed.

2) It's also a bug which in MH servers is generally permitted to exploit. It's not fixed in NW2 but it's fixed in NW3 (the upcoming pack), but it's also an "optional fix" atm which can be turned off in the ini by the server admin.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

THanks for the quick response. On that 2nd one, is there anything to the bug to get yourself out from behind a locked door if someone shoves you behind one?

Probably not but I had to ask.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, in that case, you can easilly get out if you have a graviton yourself. Just pick yourself up and move against the wall you came from (use the 1st "bug/feature").
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Feralidragon wrote:
Perhaps your intent was this instead?

{
      return true; 
   }
I cannot believe I've never caught this. :oops:

Well that pretty much shows it's unneeded since the mod functions perfectly without it ever accessing. Man I need to hire a proof-coder :nonono:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm stumped.

Everything in NW2 is pretty self·explanatory to me. Everything but this:

I haven't got a clue what that is.
Meindratheal
Average

Post by Meindratheal »

@EvilGrins

It's used to disarm the Megaton. When you place one, you can set a passcode on it which will disarm it. If you know the code, you can use that (the decoder) to disarm it, and then you can pick it up and use it yourself.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

What Meindratheal said :)

Also, if you find out a weapon you never saw and want to know what it is for and how it works, check my website/blog (the "official" one for my mods and such):
http://feralidragon.blogspot.com/2000/0 ... apons.html

Most info about those weapons and other mods is there in my place (the link is also in my signature). :wink:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

The other day I was on some random dinomap and this other guy introduced me to the UltimaProtos. I've been on that map multiple times, never seen that weapon before.

It scares me.

Given the other guy was using a bugskin, I'm thinking it was killerbee.

I've been expermimenting with it most of this morning, on my bigger maps, with bots. The blast radius is scary. The length of HallOfGiants and it still kills you. HallofGiants-Extreme, which is basically two end to end, is just barely safe. Although, oddly, if you can duck to cover fast enough, you can be right next to the blast behind a wall and safe.

Ever thought of making an Arena mutator for the UltimaProtos? That'd be a scary wicked fun game!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

lol, you found UltimaProtos scary? Well, that's basically the strongest nuker in my pack, and an arena of that is out of the question lol :lol2: (although possible in NW3, but not advisable, any nuker from level 3 and beyond are pretty much weapons you use to blow everything up, so it's normal them covering even the biggest maps).

Just one question: you seem to have watched my NW3 Preview 2 video (as you posted elsewhere and all), but did you actually saw it until the very end (I guess most people didn't since the video looks like it ends at certain points lol)?
I say this because if you found NW2 UltimaProtos scary and you didn't even knew about its existence, or the existence and purpose of other weapons, I wonder if you actually saw the last nuke of the video (not the mushroom one, but another which I show for about 2 or 3 seconds), because that NW2 UltimaProtos is "regular" compared to the new one, so I wonder what your reaction would be towards the new nuke. :)
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I found it scary for it's effects. The initial blast, the mushroom cloud and radiation, the wind sweeping effect, and then the final burst. It's the kinda weapons i love that kost of the people I used to host LAN games with thought was over the top.

These being the same folks that thought the insta-combo-gib was too powerful. UltimaProtos would make them crap their pants. I actually have one map, INANELY HUGE, that it would work well for if an arena mod were made...but it's no fuin without other people on it. The bot pathing sucks!

Yeah, I saw the NW3 vids (both of them). The new nuke on a vid looks amazing but I can't wait until NW3 comes out so I can experience it...from a safe distance :)
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Hey, Feralidragon...do you happen to have any of the HallOfGiants maps? Try firing the Ultima Protos into one of the tubes, it's really cool!

It sucks up the blast completely and all of the cloud effects keep spiraling into both ends.