Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: The Ultima Testosterone:
You get an redeemer like rocket launcher with a sniper scope .................what? ... Yeah you got it right a sniper-rocket-launcher and I thought the chainsaw-rocket was exaggerated.
Well ....You Aim and shoot, but sometimes nothing happened. You got an *puuuf* and that's all. I don't get it, what did I wrong?!!!
The zoom is nice but with the huge cursor what indicate the impact destination it is not really useful.
And why should I zoom if the explosion cover the whole map?
Why is this nuke explosion so frigging huge?
You can't use this weapon if you have friendly fire on ...all player will die ...no exception.
If You shoot 'em on CTF-Lava-giant and run to DM-Gothic to hide behind the big walls even there you got killed by this nuke explosion.

The Visual is .....hm..... a huge, mostly grey, squarely, hulk ...with a scope.
This weapon is not to bad looking and not even good looking. I don't know.
The explosion is again beautiful ...all this might and power.

I can't say anything to the game-flow ...there is no one.
This weapon has the same problems like the Megaton.
ROFL :lol2: A "sniper-rocket-launcher", I would never think of that mix to describe this weapon, but I think you're kinda right on that one.
Well, sometimes it won't fire if you're against a wall (your back with a wall), because I made the fire offset a bit behind yourself (dumb, I know, but I had my reasons at that time [1 year ago rofl], but now I have new ways to do stuff, and what I did is just dumb lol), and therefore if any object in UT spawns in a wall, it automatically destroys itself, simple as that :\
Well, although this weapon covers about a 1/5 or 1/6 of the max mapping area you have in Ued, I added zoom because that makes a difference when you're shooting to far away (yes, this weapon is for a long range explosion, that's why it's so damn big). Not only gives you accuracy to give most damage to exactly where you want (mostly since I wasn't thinking only about players, but "objectives", vehicles and such as well), as the splash damage is made in such a way that in very sloped surfaces, if it hits a bad spot, some stuff won't get damage at all (because they are covered, and you might not want to fire this powerfull weapon and give the damage equivalent to a normal redeemer).
Also, this weapon has a story (pretty much like all of them) for the single player I am slowlly developing, and it's based in one part of the main story of my sp this weapon was thought out. But again, like the megaton, I wanted to know how powerfull I could make a weapon without crash the entire server, and I could make it in such a way that the last experiment in a online server with about 7 to 8 people there, we could fire around 3 of these and still see about 5 megatons exploding in the horizon, and the server didn't stutter, so now I will make both of them better, since their visuals (as weapons and mostly their nuclear effects) are extremelly outdated regarding what I am able to do now.
Besides, like I said previouslly, I wanted to do a new gametype where these weapons would make perfectly sense (with some special maps of course), and that people could possibly like (mostly the ones who play siege). But again, although I will make new versions of these in the next pack (since some people only play with the pack due to these weapons lol), they will only make sense in my SP, while a "that" new gametype won't be "possible" to produce anymore (although I honestly would like to see it run), but other than that, they will keep their gameplay factor like they are (with better visuals, performance and much less bugs of course).
So yes, that's why like the megaton, this weapon has absolutelly no gameplay at all LOL
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ....the last weapon in this review...

The Nuclear Launcher and the Nuclear Launcher and the Nuclear Launcher and ....Ahh stuff it:
Oh no another big rocket to destroy the whole world!!!
No wait a minute ...This super Weapon is different. You get 5 variants of this weapon.
All with the same handling. A pretty usable one.
First you can shoot the launcher like the redeemer ...shoot it and run for cover.
Or you can lock on a target with the alt-fire after this you set some time (I couldn't get if this does some thing)
Now you get the choice to fire the rocket immediately or put the weapon back and run around a little bit... After this you take the NL again and fire it on the still locked target.
This is something new ...and I like it.

The visual appearance is pretty well ...after the thunderbolt rifle one of the best looking weapon.
A nice animation and a proper skin
One thing only ....why are the explosions between NL level1 level2 and level3 so different.
level1 an enhanced redeemer-impact bigger and prettier than the old one. especially the lightish Ignition of the explosion.
level2 huh that's all? it looks like the normal redeemer!?
level3 Woah ...a big nasty explosion.
level4 Uh ...this is even bigger. :shock:
level5 Oh come on, you can't foul me this is the megaton again...

Game flow is somehow difficult ...the 3 first NL-level are playable (yeah even the third level)
but level4 and 5 are too big again ...level 5 is the same as the other mega weapon ( megaton and protos)
....unplayable !!
Maybe on special maps but nothing for normal deathmatch.

Ok ...I close this review with a last sentence...
Ferali.... You are insane, please keep up your good work!!!
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

I played a LAN game some while ago. and when I picked up the ''minigun'' like weapon. everything froze. and all weapons where destroyed. I had to ctrl alt delete.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: The Nuclear Launcher and the Nuclear Launcher and the Nuclear Launcher and ....Ahh stuff it:
Oh no another big rocket to destroy the whole world!!!
No wait a minute ...This super Weapon is different. You get 5 variants of this weapon.
All with the same handling. A pretty usable one.
First you can shoot the launcher like the redeemer ...shoot it and run for cover.
Or you can lock on a target with the alt-fire after this you set some time (I couldn't get if this does some thing)
Now you get the choice to fire the rocket immediately or put the weapon back and run around a little bit... After this you take the NL again and fire it on the still locked target.
This is something new ...and I like it.

The visual appearance is pretty well ...after the thunderbolt rifle one of the best looking weapon.
A nice animation and a proper skin
One thing only ....why are the explosions between NL level1 level2 and level3 so different.
level1 an enhanced redeemer-impact bigger and prettier than the old one. especially the lightish Ignition of the explosion.
level2 huh that's all? it looks like the normal redeemer!?
level3 Woah ...a big nasty explosion.
level4 Uh ...this is even bigger. :shock:
level5 Oh come on, you can't foul me this is the megaton again...

Game flow is somehow difficult ...the 3 first NL-level are playable (yeah even the third level)
but level4 and 5 are too big again ...level 5 is the same as the other mega weapon ( megaton and protos)
....unplayable !!
Maybe on special maps but nothing for normal deathmatch.
Well, regarding that weapon, there are 5 variants but only one of them has an original explosion. The one which has an original explosion is really the 3rd level, the others are just this:
1 - X-Missile explosion
2 - Normal Redeemer explosion (people missed it in the previous version)
4 - MegaTon
5 - Ultima Protos
Basically, I just did a "launchable-homing" version of those 4, where the only new one is the level 3.

Regarding the "set lock-time-go" feature, that's basically for you:
1 - lock in the place you want your missile to go;
2 - the time delay you want the missile to take to start going to the locked point (for instance, you lock in a place, then you set 2 seconds, then you launch and you will see that it will still go in a straight line in the direction you launched it, but after 2 seconds it will turn around and will try to go the locked point, making a "lock-set time-hide and launch" kinda weapon).

Well, the appearance of this one got better because this one was the very last model I did at that time for the pack, and at that time I already got some more experience and I discovered/invented new methods to do models and such, and therefore it could look better than the other weapons. Still, it will be enhanced or remade (one of the 2, not sure yet).
papercoffee wrote: Ok ...I close this review with a last sentence...
Ferali.... You are insane, please keep up your good work!!!
LOL, Thanks :mrgreen:
And btw, Thank You Very Much for the excellent review :tu: :gj: , now I can make a better version visuals/gameplay wise :D

Rakiayn wrote:I played a LAN game some while ago. and when I picked up the ''minigun'' like weapon. everything froze. and all weapons where destroyed. I had to ctrl alt delete.
That's very weird, I never heard about that bug before :?
What version (game) do you run and in what gametype?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

hm ...the X-missile explosion looks prettier and bigger than the redeemer explosion?
Is the damage range also bigger?
if yes, change level 1 with level 2.

And the review thingy ...you are welcome.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

No, the X-Missile explosion is smaller (around 2x or 3x) than the Redeemer one, and that's why I placed the Redeemer as level 2. But either ways, in the next version this kind of differences should be kept, but I will make an "enhanced Redeemer explosion" instead to replace the current level 2.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

it was version X. and it was on monsterhunt
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

That's weird, it never happenned to anyone else afaik, so I am thinking it could have been another mod in that map... Perhaps the map you played had custom stuff in it (like weapons, pickups, etc)?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

if I test a new mod ...I disable my mutators I always use.
because shi... error happens.

Your Nali Weapons ...combined with the Excessive-mod :loool:
Lifell
Novice
Personal rank: 1 to 100 ~ 38

Post by Lifell »

Awesome modification ! :tu: Even me the lame newbie can see you put a lot of work and skill in it!
Trying it out right after I downloaded the patch to the version this mod needs. Except of course if my version is already the right one :).

Thank You! :rock: :gj:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Btw, there's a new version in the making :mrgreen: (already almost done 1 weapon and all the new pickups/overlayers).
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Finding the original post was not easy. I was lucky it wasn't locked.

*ahem*

2 quick things.

1) Why does the freeze gun not always freeze the character it hits? I've largely been playing online, found a great place that uses NW2, might be yours for all I know, and I've noticed that sometimes (Monster Hunt) it will freeze a monster solid and then I can shatter it or sometime it just turns the beastie white which gradually fades away.

It doesn't seem to matter how many times something is shot.

2) I've found a glitch of sorts but it's less NW2 then it is Skaarj in the game. The soldier class of Skaarj can use weapons and quite often it seems to be the case that if one doesn't pick up a weapon then special weapons mutators can't hurt it...although on the plus side it can't hurt you either when it punches you.

Spent a fun 15 minutes with the other random guys online using everything from the graviton to the BIG nukes trying to kill one that was unarmed and eventually we just gave up and let it chase us around the map.

Yeah, we could've thrown a weapon at us but A) don't know if the other guys knew that trick and B) Skaarj armed with one of your weapons is a very scary concept.

Just my .25¢
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

@Locks: I almost always lock outdated topics of my own, and generally other topics are locked when they are ressurected with spam.
Therefore, when I release NW3, I will lock this one, I guess it's not hard to understand why. So far I kept it open since any bug report relative the old pack may be relevant to the new one, as any support relative this pack.

@Bugs/limitations:
1) That server may have been Killerbee's Nali Weapons II X MH server, as it's the most populated one relative NW2 and has all the weapons activated.
In the case of the freezer, initially it did what you're saying, but then I discovered a bug that made the monsters/players carcasses ice sink into the ground when freezed. Pawns generally have a different PrePivot value and this seemed to be somewhat the cause, but since I could never fix it properlly back then I changed to a white fading overlayer.

In the new pack (NW3) however the freezer "freezing rules" changed a bit, and nor ice nor overlayers will be spawned on carcasses, the reason for this is everytime you kill a player with the freezing projectile it will always freeze, and spawning a frozen piece for every chunk of the carcass can be very CPU/server intensive in MH for instance, specially with the weapon modifiers (simple overlayers are proving to be intensive as well).

2) That's a bug from the Skaarj itself in MH, when the skaarj doesn't have any weapon, it's like if he had god-mode. With NW3, only if the mapper placed a skaarj without any weapon that will keep happenning, otherwise their weapons will be replaced as well (I already tested it, and so far they just become more chalenging, which I think is good in MH, they won't get any nukes though).
However, thanks for reminding me of that, I think I will force weapon additions to skaarj in the new pack mutator (as an optional "fix") without any weapon so that sort of thing doesn't happen.
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

The Skaarj Glitch is caused by Friendly Fire being switched OFF. Epic, for some reason, coded the SkaarjTrooper to be set to be a player when unarmed, so MH reads it as a player, and so it's on your team, hence why you can't hurt each other. Just boost it into somewhere firey ;) It's nothing to do with any mod.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I spent a truckload of time on this, trying to fix the skaarj and it's weapon issues. Here's the final bit of code I used to fix his little red wagon:

Code: Select all

{
   local Pawn P;
   local skaarjtrooper sp;

for (P = Level.PawnList; P != None; P = P.NextPawn)
   {
      if (P.IsA('skaarjtrooper'))
      {
         sp = skaarjtrooper(P);
         sp.bIsPlayer = False;  //force the setting
         if (sp.weapontype == none)
            GiveWeapon(sp, Class 'botpack.minigun2'); //use what you want :D
         if (sp.weapon != none)
            sp.weapon.bCanThrow = False;
      }
   }
and also

Code: Select all

simulated function bool AlwaysKeep(Actor Other)
{
   if(Other.IsA('ScriptedPawn')) return true; 
   if (Other.IsA('ScriptedPawn'))
      ScriptedPawn(Other).bIsPlayer = False;

if ( NextMutator != None )
      return ( NextMutator.AlwaysKeep(Other) );
   return false;
}
In the first bit we force the bIsPlayer to false and also equip him with a weapon and prevent the weapon from being dropped when he dies (to stop the unkillable skaarj). When a skaarj uses a weapon there is no code for ammo that he uses, he simply is allowed to fire the weapon. It works all fine except if he drops the weapon it's ammo count is now null (not zero, there is a big difference). If a player picks it up it messes up their HUD and also has unlimited ammo for them too. I know Nelsona fixed this but for me it just played better for them to not drop what they were carrying.

The second bit of code is a back-up forcing of the timer setting for bIsPlayer. It was needed in some situations for monsters written from skaarj code.
So long, and thanks for all the fish