Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Post by Feralidragon »

This release is very special to me, and perhaps to everyone that is following and helping me promoting this pack in the servers.
This version is no longer a beta, but it's not final neither, since I added a new weapon as well.

For the ones who still don't know what is this about, here's:
- The trailer:
- The nuclear explosions video:
- And the official website with everything you need to know: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/

Now if you are know what this pack is about, then check the list of changes, fixes and addons of this new version here: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/index.php?page=NaliX

And finally, the downloads:
Nali Weapons II X version (Client): http://www.filefront.com/NaliWeaponsIIX ... einfo.html

Nali Weapons II X (Server Redirect UZ): http://www.filefront.com/NaliWeaponsIIX ... einfo.html

Nali Weapons II X configured inis for MH (to work properlly with UTJMH v2.9): http://www.filefront.com/13547429/MHSer ... ingsX.rar/

Enjoy :)

Last edited by Feralidragon on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated links - Old ones were dead
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Nali Weapons II X version - RELEASED!

Post by GenMoKai »

MEGABIG THUMBS UP !! :tu: :D
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote: MEGABIG THUMBS UP !! :tu: :D
luluthefirst wrote:( O _ O ) wow nice :gj: :tu: you have included the Ultimate?
Sorry but no. The true Ultimate is going to be developed only for my sp mappack, and the Ultimate shown in 2 of my YouTube videos won't see the light of the day (I mean in a public release.
luluthefirst wrote: Edit: s** you missing to replace the message when the person was dead by a weapons of another player, when the player fire with a weapon (e.g graviton) and then switch to another weapon (e.g vulcan) then the message dead say: victim was killed by the vulcan of killer
Sorry, but I guess that's not exactly a problem from these weapons, since it's not the weapons that control that message display (it's the gametype itself that controls those msgs).
If that works as it should with other weapons, then it's because I missed to add something to my weapons, but then I really don't know what LOL. Sorry :noidea
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:just replace %w by the name of the weapon on death message :tu: (if you put it)
LOL, how didn't I ever thought of that? LMAO :lol2:
Good idea, I feel dumb now, it was so simple :oops: I will remember that in my final version.
killerbee
Novice

Post by killerbee »

heej there .. good work :gj: it runs smoother then ever, the party is gettin loose @ http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/index.php?page=Serv

It's realy :rock:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

LOL, check at this:

From {WINGS} MH server:

And still growing O.O

And the same is happenning with other 2 servers that have these hosted as well:

Killerbee's Nali Weapons MH palace:

And unrealteam.de MH server Nali:

All this means that this pack was a true success in MH, and I really thank you all for playing and making this pack trully alive, and making this pack worthly of my hard work.
Thank you very much :D
killerbee
Novice

Post by killerbee »

Yes we can say it's a succes!

Most visitors are comming back and stay for a long time, so its a real succes story.
The package is stable, so we're all glad with this :gj:
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Congrats, Ferali :tongue: :thuup:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:how do you make 10000 rocks on a HUGE map? :noidea
10.000 rocks in view would lag the hell out of the game, and the video wouldn't be possible to record.

I no longer have that map, but I think in the video there's around 150/200 rocks in view, and already with the LOD tweaked, and they are also custom rocks to act the way they did, otherwise they wouldn't move with the blast (like in any map you see in MH for example).

And looking at the explosions, I think I have to improve somewhat shockwave visual... hmmm... since it doesn't look as good as I would like. Too bad UT doesn't have blur incorporated, otherwise I could use it to make the shockwave more realistic...
Zodiac
Novice
Personal rank: eh?

Post by Zodiac »

Really cool!
gratz
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:
luluthefirst wrote:how do you make 10000 rocks on a HUGE map? :noidea
10.000 rocks in view would lag the hell out of the game, and the video wouldn't be possible to record.

I no longer have that map, but I think in the video there's around 150/200 rocks in view, and already with the LOD tweaked, and they are also custom rocks to act the way they did, otherwise they wouldn't move with the blast (like in any map you see in MH for example).

And looking at the explosions, I think I have to improve somewhat shockwave visual... hmmm... since it doesn't look as good as I would like. Too bad UT doesn't have blur incorporated, otherwise I could use it to make the shockwave more realistic...
you just must be edit the mesh of the unreali.table and put the rock mesh :lol2:

Edit: i placed 840 rocks, i go to the fu*king hell, i got a general protection fault... UT doesn't working perfectly...
LOL, but I really had to add some code, so they could behave better and with less lag when I was recording them.

About the 840 rocks LOL What should you expect? That's why I said 150/200 was already a stable number, with the LOD tweaked, and some Unlit to not have lighting calculations occuring on them. Higher than that you will either get massive lag or a massive crash LMAO :lol:
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Hey, I tried all kinds of settings for my UT rendering devices but I still get all skins as masked. Anything to say except for 'Update your drivers'? (Because I already did)
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

UBX Master wrote:Hey, I tried all kinds of settings for my UT rendering devices but I still get all skins as masked. Anything to say except for 'Update your drivers'? (Because I already did)
What render do you use? And UT version?

There was a guy with the same problem, check this thread out:
http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1234353223

He also had problems with masked weapons in 2 mods: this one and the RTNP one.
Maybe that thread can help you out to solve the problem.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Revert to 436? Sounds OK to me, how do I do that.

PS: I tried ALL known rendering devices: Software, original Direct3D, original OpenGL, Direct3D8, Direct3D9, OpenGL 3.4...
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

UBX Master wrote:Revert to 436? Sounds OK to me, how do I do that.
zacman had 451 and he could succefully revert to 436 by apllying the v436 NoDelta patch.