New {WINGS} Nemesis-X vX Beta available

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

New {WINGS} Nemesis-X vX Beta available

Post by Feralidragon »

For the past few weeks I have been working in a new NX for the {WINGS} clan.
The new version (beta) is up and running, the server IP is: 66.55.154.232:7777

For the ones who don't know what a NX is, just think in the Rocket-X or StrangeLove mod.
The Nemesis-X was started (and finished) by Fluke, and I just took the last Nemesis and I added features, fixed one or another thing and now it's a totally new jet.

Between these features, the most important ones are:
- New missile system (which unlike other versions of RX with missiles, this one really holds the missiles and let them go when fired)
- Countermeasures
- Locked missiles message
- New models and sounds
- New nuclear explosion effect
- New menu so anyone can easilly tweak the NX his/her own way, be it for a server or for a practice session
- New jet HUD view, so you can know preciselly and better the jet status ingame (fuel low engine warning, damage level, missiles status, etc)

As you may know, bot support is very poor in this mod, since the point is to play against other real players.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Here's the beta:
Download: http://files.filefront.com/NemesisWINGS ... einfo.html
Redirect UZ: http://files.filefront.com/NemesisWINGS ... einfo.html

Enjoy :wink:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Re: New {WINGS} Nemesis-X vX Beta available

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:Wow, nice :gj: :tu:

Edit: UT Make me angry, this mutator don't work, same for some mutator :mad2: i'm running on UT Version 436 Patch and when i click in the Wings menu, the menu don't show, that is UT :mad2:

436 Patch: Incompatible
Sorry :oops: Forgot to say that in order to play with any RX, NX or anything SLV based, you need to download and install the SLV mod first.
Here's the link for SLV2: http://www.rosebum.com/downloads/StrangeLoveV2.zip
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Those followed patches are user patches, that is an other story if you expect (full) compatibility between different user content.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:Mouse scroll wheel change the WarHead status and fire just shot :tu:

Mouse scroll wheel don't change the Weapons type :mrgreen: and fire don't change the warhead status :mrgreen:
Mouse scrool changes the warhead status.
Throw Weapon key and strafe keys select the weapons. :wink:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:Some weapons don't damage the plane :?
What happens is that the new jet follows some of the old one rules, to keep some of the original gameplay. One of them is that the collision size of the place is very very low, and it's near to the pilot feet. The objective it to try to hit mostly the pilot and not the jet, however it's possible to damage the jet, but only an enemy one.
luluthefirst wrote: and if you resize the shockwave of the Nemesis (e.g: 99) and that explode, the plane play a damage sound but aren't damaged :?

I try to change the shockwave size, 30, and the place aren't damaged apart if you are a bit of the center of the shockwave :?
Well, it's like that it works. I will explain how a shock or even a normal splash damage works in UT (as it should expect in any game that follows some real physics rules):

Let's take that picture about to represent a splash damage or even a shockwave (since both work in similar ways).
Once you're visible from the shockwave or splash center, and you're inside it's radius, you receive damage, otherwise you don't. That's why nobody is damaged in the other side of a thick wall or when he's covered by a corner or something. However, there's a badly done thing: you are considered visible even if you're behind any actor (mesh model). For another hand this is well done for the players side, since this way you can kill multiple players, even if one is "hidden" behind the other, for another hand, supposed rigid actors like boxes and some trees that should block this damage, don't (the same happens with coronas, you can see them behind any mesh based actor).
So in resume, even with a radius multiplier or 99 (max), you can only kill or be killed if the damaged player or object are visible from the center of the impact, it's this way it works, and that's why that even if you are near the center, but don't see it, you don't get damaged at all.
luluthefirst wrote: P.S: are you there on your server? my name is ]ul[im_a_french_boy
some time i join ()()() {WINGS} ~Monster]-[unt~ Server #3 () and Killerbee's Nali Weapons II X Monsterhunt Palace | Sponsored by ()mG
I go to both servers times to times, since most of my playing time is in [FUN] sniper servers, IG SLV and NX/RX servers. Sometimes I play MH in those 2 servers, either to have fun or to check if everything is working just fine.
Btw, none of those 2 servers are mine, they only have my weapons hosted since 1 of them is a server from the clan I am part of (the wings one) and another is from a person that liked very much these weapons and have it hosted (and so far they are a true success).
However, there are 2 more servers with these hosted (one from unrealteam.de and another from TDS)
My nick in the servers is always the same (I rarelly change it): {WINGS}xXx.
I changed it once to {W}Feralidragon just for fun, but only in a nx server.
killerbee
Novice

Post by killerbee »

again nice work.... :tu:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:Bot are so stupid to pick up all Nemesis-X vX :sad2: And other player can't pick up that lol
I never know why bot so like inventory :???:
Well, anything which is desirable inventory, the bots will run to pick it up. Also this jet is meant to be played online against other players LOL

Btw, there's already a new version with a new improved skin that I forgot to announce here:
http://files.filefront.com/NemesisWINGS ... einfo.html

This version is also running on {WINGS} main server if you want to play it online in CTF.

There's another CTF server running it, but with all the weaponry enabled (missiles and such):

Killerbee is also running a previous version of this in the MH Nali II server (also with all weapons enabled):
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

its too dark....no wait...its too bright, i cant hit it...no hold on...its too easy to hit, cannons are way too powerfull, no wait, they arent powerful enough.....i love it...but in two days im gonna post i hate it, i cant jump off, jet arms itself and kills me, jet is too big..make it bigger but not too big or i will moan its too big, launcher is too small, but if you make it bigger, i will complain its too big.....oh and the best for last.....its really buggy!.... :loool:

(for those who dont get this, dont worry, feri knows exactly why i posted that.... :lol2: )
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

][X][~FLuKE~][X][ wrote:its too dark....no wait...its too bright, i cant hit it...no hold on...its too easy to hit, cannons are way too powerfull, no wait, they arent powerful enough.....i love it...but in two days im gonna post i hate it, i cant jump off, jet arms itself and kills me, jet is too big..make it bigger but not too big or i will moan its too big, launcher is too small, but if you make it bigger, i will complain its too big.....oh and the best for last.....its really buggy!.... :loool:

(for those who dont get this, dont worry, feri knows exactly why i posted that.... :lol2: )
Yeah, I know LOL :lol:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:WTF LOL

Maybe for a joke? :loool: :lol2:
Actually it's the painfull truth around all the RX communities LOL
Fluke is an active RX coder (I used his old nemesis to do the new venom x), and the one who spent more time actually optimizing the RX code (3 years or more?), and what he have posted is basically what every RX coder listen when a new jet is produced and released to the servers.
I started some time ago developing this new one, so {WINGS} could have a new jet, but as predicted, some people liked it and gave very constructive criticism while others didn't like it much.
Basically, most people don't like changes, even if the only basic change are visuals and effects and nothing more (which means, the same gameplay is kept), and still people will like the new visuals, but won't like the "new gameplay" LOL :ironic: How ironic is that?

And what pisses me off atm, is that in HOF people really say things somewhat that way to Fluke (too big, too small, too overpowered, too weak, ...), in {WINGS} most people don't say a thing in the thread I created for the job, but say on my back .. :\

In result, while HOF has a new optimized jet each 2 weeks if needed, WINGS have one each 3 months, and that reflects on the traffic.
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

yep, it is the painful truth, people want things in a new RX and when you make those changes they hate it because it means they have to get used to the change....so ironic.

to any coder, my advice, dont code RX's, its not worth it, just as i warned feri when he first asked to use the nemesis code as a base for his VX, i dont think he believed me that much, but he does now..lol

plus, if me a feri didnt laugh about it all we would get so annoyed..lol