Zanaveth Ultra Suite (1.3, possible final version?)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Zanaveth Ultra Suite (now downloadable)

Post by Feralidragon »

UBX Master wrote:It's OpenAL what you should use. You can get it with Oldunreal multimedia update patch.
Yes, but the thing is: common sense says you should:
1) - Try to obbey the standard drivers and resources most players have, unless there's a really noticeable difference when using other drivers/technology (which is not the case from what I heard)
2) - Even being your choice using other technology, you must warn people in the thread and in the ReadMe (and give the website to download it), like for example: Operation na Pali required oldskool, like as sp mods for UT, so they always warned and gave links to download that file.
3) - Most players don't update their drivers in UT (they update more easilly the renders for S3TC support than their sound ones), so when it's possible, use the standard ones, mostly when the quality difference is not that big.
UBX Master wrote: Also, I don't have any problems with mesh render anyway, NEVER ever had them... anyway, I'm just uploading V1.2 which contains some new things you should check.
Well, sometimes render crashes are due to bad mesh manipulation in the code, bad imports or too much dynamic light. Render crashes are very hard to get, mostly where I got mine: in Deck16. I usually only get render crashes when I use too much dynamic lighting or there's a really bad BSP somewhere in the map, and that isn't the case in Deck16.
But of course this could be an isolated issue, so I also have my doubts being from the mod or not.
UBX Master wrote:

Code: Select all

Reject > Unrealistically big pickups (dang, what's your problem with proportions?)
Do as you wish -.- But like I said, is original, but that will have a big downside as a mod in popularity or interest. But after all is your mod, your choice in the end of course.
UBX Master wrote:

Done: Maybe remove primary fire of gravity gun (it IS a ripoff from Nali Weapons, secondary fire NOT, it IS a ripoff from UBX 3, and that mod was mine)
From what I played, you kept the primary fire and got rid of the secondary one instead :lol2:
Also, I am the owner of Nali Weapons, and I didn't mind at all about your gravity gun, otherwise I wouldn't give tips to improve it LOL
Also, a weapon should NEVER have a blank mode, specially in UT. Or you do ESR style, and make the secondary the same as primary, or you place there the old one again, or you invent anything else, now an empty mode just ruins the entire weapon, mostly since it's for UT.
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

Searched for Open AL... It says it is only compatible wid UT2 nd will not work wid UT1...

Do u have for UT1.. :| or rather I am missing something :help:
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Like UBXMaster said "You can get it with Oldunreal multimedia update patch"

Google it up, download and away u go :agree1:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Feralidragon wrote:
UBX Master wrote:

Done: Maybe remove primary fire of gravity gun (it IS a ripoff from Nali Weapons, secondary fire NOT, it IS a ripoff from UBX 3, and that mod was mine)
From what I played, you kept the primary fire and got rid of the secondary one instead :lol2:
Also, I am the owner of Nali Weapons, and I didn't mind at all about your gravity gun, otherwise I wouldn't give tips to improve it LOL
Also, a weapon should NEVER have a blank mode, specially in UT. Or you do ESR style, and make the secondary the same as primary, or you place there the old one again, or you invent anything else, now an empty mode just ruins the entire weapon, mostly since it's for UT.
Oh well, then I'll get it back.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

What did you use for the Video? Fraps?

<EDIT>
Uh, some bugs...\
1) Automag ALWAYS crashes my game
2) In D3D8, the Mercury Rifle's Zoom texture isn't masked. I just get a big block of black that makes it impossible to aim. I have to use the D3D that comes with UT, which is ugly :(
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Yep, fraps. (Something that should not be told in these forums)

Anyway. Final version 1.3 is getting uploaded right now.

legend:
- not done
X done
> rejected

Plans for 1.1:

X Fix 'Accessed None' errors
 > Reskin most of the weapon models
 X Find a select sound for the nailgun
 X Akimbo automags
 X Faster reload times (unrealistical, but well, if that's what you want...)
 > Unrealistically big pickups (dang, what's your problem with proportions?)
 X Fix some unnoticeable bugs (like the fact that small particles from napalm just dissapear instead of animating when colliding with walls)
 X Change the speed of the automag
 X Add trail particles to handcannon balls, and make the balls bigger
 > Improve explosion effects
 X More precise mercury rifle

Plans for 1.2:

X Reskin most of the weapon models
 > Add support to grab items for gravity gun
 X Maybe remove primary fire of gravity gun (it IS a ripoff from Nali Weapons, secondary fire NOT, it IS a ripoff from UBX 3, and that mod was mine)
 > A secret weapon to replace enhanced shock rifle on maps which have it on them
 > Maybe akimbo smilecannon is too much
 X Redesign explosion effects
 X Some few changes on SDW Lazor

Plans for 1.3:

X Mod menu to adjust effect detail
 X Bugfixing (this should be the final release if all goes well)
 X Improve gravity beam
 X Change gravity gun to original firemodes (feralidragon did allow me to use gravity ball)
Last edited by Feralidragon on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There are certain things that should not be told in these forums, if you want to clarify the origin of your programs, do it by PM, not on public forums - Feralidragon
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Re: Zanaveth Ultra Suite (1.3, possible final version?)

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

This thread has been locked in order to prevent all this unnecessary flaming and trolling from being posted. Will be unlocked on request of thread starter if he decides to return.