{WINGS} Venom-X Version C - Released

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

{WINGS} Venom-X Version C - Released

Post by Feralidragon »

This should be one of the last versions of this jet, since the reported gameplay issues are solved now.
Both launcher and jet have new improved skins, and some default properties have been tweaked for a ready to play classic NX style CTF game.

This jet is already online in the {WINGS} main server, so if you want to check it out, just join :wink:

You can download this mod here: http://www.filefront.com/14276435/NemesisWINGSvXc.rar/

Still, you will need SLV installed in order to play with it offline: http://rosebum.com/downloads/StrangeLoveV2.zip
The download above is the SLV2, but there is already a new version, so if you have the newest version, you don't need to download this one.

Instalation:
Once extracted the files from both packs, copy/move them to the following folders in your Unreal Tournament installation:
.u / .int / .ini - System
.utx - Textures
.uax - Sounds

As for screenshots, here they are:

Enjoy :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: {WINGS} Venom-X Version C - Released

Post by papercoffee »

I give it a try ...if I can fix my UT ...don't find my install CD!!!!!!!

But as I can see the model looks neat!
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

:gj:

The effects are cool and the model looks just awesome :)....Don't you think the pickup is a little too small compared to the size of the jet... I mean the standard strangelove jet is a smaller one than the Venom-X jet, thus the size of pickup makes sense...

Just played that with the space shuttle like map that i am making...One thing that amazed me was the size of the jet exactly matches the windows in the shuttle :tongue:
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

rohitggarg wrote::gj:

The effects are cool and the model looks just awesome :)....Don't you think the pickup is a little too small compared to the size of the jet... I mean the standard strangelove jet is a smaller one than the Venom-X jet, thus the size of pickup makes sense...
Thanks :mrgreen: About the small pickup, it's really intended to be that way. You see, this is a Rocket-X (well, kinda), the old pickup for this weapon was the regular redeemer model with just a different skin (if you go to rosebum they still use the redeemer model for their RX, only {WINGS} and [HOF] use custom models afaik), and I just edited the old {WINGS} Nemesis-X made by FLuke, and I made this one, with new stuff (models, sounds, skins, effects, weapons, menu, etc) and some fixes.

If you want to check how this is really played online, go to {WINGS} server once it gets people on :wink:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

:gj:

Models are superb. The jet's skin could use some improvement. Effects are awesome. Should it have somekind of HUD (like how much fuel/ammo )? I didn't get any HUD...
(I have a bad ping on the server...)
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

papercoffee wrote:I give it a try ...if I can fix my UT ...don't find my install CD!!!!!!!

But as I can see the model looks neat!
Try the NoDelta Patch. As soon as I'm done procrastinating I'll supply some linkage.

Also, Does it have Bot support? Neither NXF nor Strangelove have bot support :(
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

The bots only know to shoot the primary fire for this weapon. It has a nuke built in which follows the jet..... If you are on the jet and bot has the weapon, he will shoot the missile and very less chances that you survive (yea you can dodge it if you were a part of the air force recently :wink: )
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

That's what I mean. I wanna see the Bots riding around on Jets/SLV/NXF's... :(
Ah well...

[EDIT]
Zacman needs to learn how NOT to fly like a Moron
:cry:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Myth wrote::gj:
Should it have somekind of HUD (like how much fuel/ammo )? I didn't get any HUD...
(I have a bad ping on the server...)
Yes, it has an HUD. It's basically the same HUD you see in a StrangeLove.
zacman wrote: Also, Does it have Bot support? Neither NXF nor Strangelove have bot support :(
Currently there's only 1 RX I know off to have this bot support, although they fly very slowly. It's the [HOF] RX6.
Regarding the Venom-X (better known simply as VX), I don't pretend to add any bot support to it, for the simple reason it doesn't worth it imo, and also because I am doing a 30/40 vehicle pack with bot support for my SP in development. I used Dot's vehicle system (the best one out there regarding vehicle physics, code stability and easy for reading), and Dots gave me the sources since he's no longer working in its UScript version, and so I am enhancing and fixing it for my SP (yesterday I could finally make the ground vehicles physics go perfectly on slopes [after an entire month of almost quiting the solving of this issue, which seemed impossible due to the cilindrical collision system], while the original Dots mod and other ground vehicle mods couldn't solve this issue, and also I will change many things regarding canvas, new phys, etc, but since it's UScript only, it isn't anyhow a perfect vehicle system, I am just trying to make it as close as the real things as possible (like Dots tried to do), but CPU-performance wise (since many vehicles will be driven at the same time)). But it will be only compatible with SP and practise games, so NO new online support to the fixes and enhancements I am doing.
But this time I won't bundle everything like I did with the Nali Weapons, since the entire pack might go over 200Mb and since that way I must only patch the main system if necessary.
But other than that, besides RX6 and this SP vehicle mod, I don't know any reliable vehicle mod with a good bot support.
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

Damn. :(
I remember Blackcheetah's mod.. No but support, they try and walk away from the vehicle, and go in circles (Makes me lol, though) and it has no net support, either, so you can only play a game with bots driving like monkeys :loool:
At least VX Has Net Support :)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

zacman wrote:Damn. :(
I remember Blackcheetah's mod.. No but support, they try and walk away from the vehicle, and go in circles (Makes me lol, though) and it has no net support, either, so you can only play a game with bots driving like monkeys :loool:
LOL, I know, I tried them as well. But it happens that he did his mods "in 3 kicks" as we say in my country, which means that he just coded to make it basically work, but he didn't consider possible bugs, limitations and he didn't test any of his mods conveniently.
He has great ideas, but after years of modding he still doesn't know how to produce them right, then asks support for them LOL If he considered some of those limitations, read some performance tips and tested his mods for more hours and many different ways, he could do true excellent mods, but for now his mods have only great ideas that don't work out very good due to a very large amount of bugs (some of them basic ones).
But about vehicle mods, I am doing one for my SP, with much better physics and AI, but only for single player, and they should be released once I release my own SP mappack, which means don't expect nothing this year lol
The original base code is from Dots (from oldunreal, including every basic physics types, vehicle attachments system and online and AI support), so once he stopped updating it to do native vehicles for Unreal, I asked him permission and he also gave me the source code (I didn't want to "reinvent the wheel", since there was already a very stable, code organized and easilly readable, and good alternative vehicle mod, I just needed to fix the few remaining bugs and enhance physics, AI between other stuff). I already solved many bugs and enhanced many things at physics level (specially on the ground vehicles), but there's still a long way to go (imagine what's to build over than 30 vehicles divided into 3 difference planet race types, including modelling/skinning and coding weapons effects from scratch) and I want to be sure no known bugs to me are left behind in the process, as performance in lower end systems.
But as long it worths all the work once finished (I don't mean any popularity or apreciation, I mean seeing it working and looking like I aimed for at the end by myself), I will be glad :mrgreen:
This sp mappack should be one of my last works regarding this engine if I have no more ideas left for mods or if there's no more people playing it by then.
zacman wrote: At least VX Has Net Support :)
Every RX HAS to have net support, otherwise it has absolutelly no utility, since every RX made is aimed to be played online and not exactly offline. lol
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

I'm wondering (since I've played the earlier iterations of this mod or similar mods), how are the collisions calculated? And, umm, weapon impacts. I've noticed I barely ever hit any of the nemesisx jets when I play on WhartHog's, unless I hit them exactly in the middle, and even then it seems like I hit the player instead of the rocket.
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

[did]Madis wrote:I'm wondering (since I've played the earlier iterations of this mod or similar mods), how are the collisions calculated? And, umm, weapon impacts. I've noticed I barely ever hit any of the nemesisx jets when I play on WhartHog's, unless I hit them exactly in the middle, and even then it seems like I hit the player instead of the rocket.
As you might know, every single mesh has a cylindrical only collision type, and not rotational with the mesh. So basically, all the collisions and calculated this same way in every mesh, and RX is not exception, and SLV uses this collision also.
The {WINGS} NemesisX/VenomX was always hard to hit due its very low collision radius/height (clan wanted always it to be that way since the old jet was developed), but there are other RXs that are much easier to hit (like [HOF] RX). The difference is mostly to balance the gameplay, so while HOF has a larger collision, they have smaller blasts, and WINGS is the other way around (larger blasts with lower collisions).
So unlike newer engines, this is the only true collision model that exists, althought that is being developed rigid bodies physics, and there were attempts to use mover per-poly collisions to use in more complex meshes that needed karma like type collision shape.
All UScript based vehicle mods use this collision to detect touches and bumps against other actors, but their physics are handled in UScript (in SLV and RX is used simply a guided missile style physics, with just the regular speed and sliding variables, with some further controls and variables to control it, while in whelled vehicles some tracing is used to detect and auto position wheeled vehicles, which requires some extra processing).
luluthefirst wrote: There in C++ its never impossible to do an impossible stuff.
There UT is C++, there felari won to make a seven really nice nuke, then, WE WILL WIN AND WE WILL KNOW HOW TO STOP BOT BEGING A MONKEY DURING HE PLAYING A VEHICLE!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

oops i was get emmported :oops: :mrgreen:
WTF?! LOL
To tell the truth, Dots already managed to do a very good AI support back then in the vehicles I am working on, as long you path your maps. Still, considering the AI classes I will have to use, I may have to enhance and fix some stuff, or maybe the better word should be "addapt" or "support".
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Oh I see, that explains everything. I always wondered about the very small collision radius. The SLV has a radius that's much smaller than the diameter of the missile, but I thought since the RX/VX (or whatever it is :D) use larger models, that maybe their collision radius is much wider.
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

rohitggarg wrote:The bots only know to shoot the primary fire for this weapon. It has a nuke built in which follows the jet..... If you are on the jet and bot has the weapon, he will shoot the missile and very less chances that you survive (yea you can dodge it if you were a part of the air force recently :wink: )
Well, I'm not part of the airforce, but I did dodge... Unfortunately I then flew into some glass :oops: