An Idea... (No Screens... Yet...)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

An Idea... (No Screens... Yet...)

Post by zacman »

Well, when I'm stuck on something in TUT, I usually go and hammer out some other random crap in UED (This is where Zacman's mutator Pack and the Reavers came from) So, I ask you this about something I've made: What do you think of an SP Campaign with new weapons, inspired by many horror movies? So far, I have Weapons inspired from horror (Mostly Hellsing, but some others), a Ghoul based off Hellsing, Your not-so-standard ghost (It's INVIZIBLEZ!) and a couple of other Daemonic nasties (Ghouls with Machine Guns!)

This isn't at the point where I can really show screenies, but here's some Info...
CREATURES SO FAR:
-Ghoul: Slow, dumb, and flings goo at you. Looks like a zombie.
-Ghoul Trooper: Inspired by the Hellsing Ghouls, these guys are slow, dumb, and carry MACHINE GUNS.
-Wraith: Invisible Ghost that will rip you to pieces
-Elektruon: Sort of made of electricity...
-Charger: See electruon. Low health, no ranged attack, but it is FAST

NEW INVENTORY SO FAR:
-=WEAPONS=-
-Silver Blaster: Launcher silver Bullets, the 2nd best projectile for fighting Undead.
-JACKAL: Similar to the Hellsing Jackal. Fires Bouncing Mercury Bullets.
-F5 Moderate Power Assault Rifle: Not designed as an anti-daemon weapon. That's because the Daemons made it as an Anti-YOU weapon :P
-=AMMO=-
-Silver Bullets: Uh, Derrrrr, what do you think they are :P
-Mercury Bullets: Bouncy Daemon killin' fun!
-Bullet Case: Ammo for the F5

These are what I've made so far. The F5 is like a Black CARifle, but with 2ndary Fire changed to just fire a single bullet at a time. (Less Ammo Wastage). Silver Blaster is a leet looking stinger with a new skin, Jackal is a Razorjack (May be changed to pistol)

So, yeah, whaadya think? Screenies coming ASAP.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Re: An Idea... (No Screens... Yet...)

Post by Saya-chan »

Sounds like a good idea, besides, I love horror-themed stuff! :agree1:
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

Is shaping up nicely... Added a new gun, and CAR Now throws an ENTIRE CASE of 50 bullets as 2nd fire. They blow up nice.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Absolutely love the idea! I'm sure you don't want to duplicate CorpseMania (Try it, if you haven't already), of course.

The new weapons sound interesting. A crowbar and chainsaw would suit me just fine..... :tu:

Press on, zacman
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

The F5 Assault Rifle is now done, along with the Silver Blaster and JACKAL... Will put screenies in a minute... also, I have finished making the Surger, Elektruon, Ghoul (Trooper and warrior variants), and Wraith. Also, now have a Story!!!!

You wake up in pitch black, you have no Idea what time it is, or what day, or even year. You try to step forward, and with a flash everything suddenly changes. You are in what looks like it might have once been a house, but it is pulled to pieces, some places it is upside down, some places in pieces, floating in a massive void. Not only are you totally lost, but it seems the house is filled with twisted monsters, who only care about ripping you to pieces... And in the center of the house, Something is waiting, it only needs to harvest one last soul, and it will be free to decimate the universe...

The story of the house:
It is a mystery that has confounded the people of the small town of Lartin for twenty years. The great mansion, home to an orginisation known as the Red Phoenix orginisation, mysteriously Vanished from it's lot. Unknown to them, the master of the household had imprisoned a Daemon within the house, and when it escaped the only way he could hold it was to cast the entire house into a void between universes...

The entire Map(s?) takes place inside the house, which is inside a dimensional rift. Be prepared to walk on ceilings, go... up upsidedown towers (Or down? or up? Ah, makes my brain hurt) and walk through deranged mazes. And throughout all of this, there are things trying to kill you.
[EDIT]

UPDATE!!! SCREENAGE!!!
Can you see the Wraith in this pic?
Ow... My Brain...
An Electruon!
These ghouls have GUNS
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Hmmm about the zombies, isnt it better to create human like ones? or Nali-sh ones (there are some cool ones in Operation NaPali with some nice zombie skins)
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

GenMoKai wrote:Hmmm about the zombies, isnt it better to create human like ones? or Nali-sh ones (there are some cool ones in Operation NaPali with some nice zombie skins)
They're not Zombies... They're ghouls :P
Also, my scripting isn't particulatly good, so re-designing pawns probably won't happen. They get the job done!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I think you need textures for the Weapons. Cool textures.
zacman
Adept

Post by zacman »

papercoffee wrote:I think you need textures for the Weapons. Cool textures.
The only one shown is the first weapon, a stinger with altered projectiles and the skin is swapped for one from the ancient.utx package. All the other weapons, except the ProtoReaper, use new skins. Also, ProtoReaper uses a mesh that is semi-new... It's from Upak. Also, CAR Rifle has a Bluish color, and the JACKAL is now a black enforcer.