Badlands

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
LucienRavenwood
Novice
Personal rank: StuffSwapper

Badlands

Post by LucienRavenwood »

Anyone played Badlands? It's one of my favorite mods but two things REALLY cripple the experience for me: the player model you're forced to use is sluggish and the weapon reload times are excruciating! Still, it's fun to light a stick of dynamite then throw five more out there, creating one giant ball of explosions. :mrgreen: The mounted cannon and gatling gun are also cool.
Phorce
Experienced
Personal rank: Sgt. Nutz

Re: Badlands

Post by Phorce »

It has some wonderful voice acting as well ,,,, "Were you born worthless, or do you work at it?" .... "Badges ? We don't need know stinking badges !"
"Weapons! ... for all occasions." Bill Hicks
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

It's indeed fun and interesting, but lacks a lot of polishing. The maps weren't very good as well. Still, I enjoyed the huge amount of smokes that came out of the weapons :mrgreen:
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

indeed a very overlooked gamestyle, greatly coded, only bad thing is the loading feature, you have to have a key assign to "reloadinput". That's why you see no servers running it :( I ran itonce, had some great games, but too many players complained about the reload issue. good maps, good idea .... just one flaw imo.

:tu:
Retired.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

@ the dane
why is that a bad thing?
I am working on a mod that needs a key assign too
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

it's not imo, but practicly all the players on my server thought it was bad. I use keybinds too in my newest mod, but I forcebind it so it works when the player is joining the server, Badland doesn't forcebind it, so if you haven't installed the mod clientside you won't get the keybind assigned when you connect to the server. You can type the command "reloadinput" in console manualy, but that will just get you killed, that's why the players think it's bad.
Retired.
Phorce
Experienced
Personal rank: Sgt. Nutz

Post by Phorce »

"Weapons! ... for all occasions." Bill Hicks