The Ultimate - Release after 2 years of requests to do so...

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

The Ultimate - Release after 2 years of requests to do so...

Post by Feralidragon »

If someone remember this:
[youtube]-MaVtgD8fVo[/youtube]

Well, just look at the views, stars and every nice comments to that video from.... almost 2 years ago. It happens that that nuke was purelly experimental, it's nowhere cool imo, it's unstable and doesn't have any online support, so I never actually intended to release it to public.

But it happens, for some reason, this is one of the most popular UT99 videos on youtube, and people from everywhere (outside youtube also) keeps asking me "when you release it?", or "release it pls, I don't care those little details you talk about...". :omfg:

So oh well, there it is for everyone's "satisfaction", although I don't personally agree in releasing such crappy mod from myself.

The Ultimate download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20026826 ... teUT99_rar
MegaUpload Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NAICJDW7

Also, since this was just an experiment, bug reports in this case won't do much as you might guess. Still, I am still wondering what people can see so good in this weapon is particular, it's quite ironic rofl :lol2:

Enjoy :)

EDIT: Be sure you read the ReadMe to know how to actually install this mod and spawn this weapon in-game.
Chiko'
Novice
Personal rank: Noob in search

Re: The Ultimate - Release after 2 years of requests to do so...

Post by Chiko' »

Is the map too large to play a deathmatch?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Chiko' wrote:Is the map too large to play a deathmatch?
The maps posted are only for testing big things, such as vehicles, nuclear weapons, etc. So it isn't any good for a deathmatch, it's really only for people who want to just fire any nuke from any weapon pack and see it fully.
JayProductions
Novice
Personal rank: Soldier

Post by JayProductions »

Hey whats up, its slayerking94 from youtube. i just wanted to say good job on the mod man, make more mods with HUGE EXPLOSIONS, cuz you rock at modding! anyway :gj:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Oh, you were the one asking if it was ok to place it in your map? No problem, use it, just one note though: I didn't had any kind of multiplayer support for this explosion, so if your map is supposed to be played online, I don't know what will happen if you test it online (it might work, or most possibly not), since it was mostly an experiment I made.

A new nuke that should look more powerfull and better than that one will come soon, and with multiplayer support and possibly no lag (due to new ways I found to do stuff and to make it look better, be faster and stable), but until then, this and the other nukes from my other weapon pack is all I have to offer right now and you are free to use any of them in your maps, but note that this particular one was an experiment and wasn't tried online (besides, it lags and even crashes certain maps).
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

FINALLY!
Time to make some stuff 'Plode...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
FireWolf92
Novice

Post by FireWolf92 »

Yay at last . Very good job man
JayProductions
Novice

Post by JayProductions »

Hey one more thing, i was wondering if you could make a gametype like sabotage, where you pickup the MegaTon bomb and you have to plant it in the enemies base. i made a test video. but its still got bugs in it, so yeah i was wondering if you could make a sabotage gametype, cuz that would ROCK!

[youtube]BmA9LJhGPFg[/youtube]
Last edited by Feralidragon on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YouTube Video Link fixed :)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Actually I intended to do a gametype way better than that, but the efforts involved to make it work online would be to much for one guy only and it would never work right or be as populated as it should to be good.

Plus, I am doing another mod which is taking way more time than if I made my biggest weapon pack from scratch 5x, and I am planning to do something like you described already but as a mission in my SP mappack only.

But if you have any interested modders/mappers or if you know how to do something like that yourself, go ahead, it might turn in a interesting gametype indeed. :mrgreen:
JayProductions
Novice

Post by JayProductions »

omg if i could mod, man i would be modding the hell out of ut99 man. haha yeah i have the ideas but not the talent XD
reece101
Novice

Re: The Ultimate - Release after 2 years of requests to do s

Post by reece101 »

Imagine This:http://imageshack.us/f/32/thesuperultimate.jpg/
This Has Got To Be A Super Weapon! Its Called The Super Ultimate!
Imagine Making That For UT!
Problems I Realised:
1.When The Ultimaprotos Explodes On Nali Weapons II You Cannot Hear The Nuke. But If The Ultimate Explodes You Can Hear It.
2.It Crashes And Overflows The Game!
3.Its Too Much Of Blackness!
Please Fix Them!
-Reece101
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

reece101 wrote:Imagine This:http://imageshack.us/f/32/thesuperultimate.jpg/
This Has Got To Be A Super Weapon! Its Called The Super Ultimate!
Imagine Making That For UT!
Problems I Realised:
1.When The Ultimaprotos Explodes On Nali Weapons II You Cannot Hear The Nuke. But If The Ultimate Explodes You Can Hear It.
2.It Crashes And Overflows The Game!
3.Its Too Much Of Blackness!
Please Fix Them!
-Reece101
posts..... 1
yet i dont get it, ultimaprotos crashes and has to much blackness or the super ultimate? and who has to fix what?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

>@tack!< wrote: posts..... 1
Well, this guy found me and my mods at moddb, made lots of comments and questions: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
Then commented on my blog, then he came here as it seems lol

@Reece: Although I apreciate comments and I am ready to answer questions, I would ask you to do so correctly.
By "correctly", I mean write pretty much like all people here and at moddb, example:
"You Write Like This", but I and many would prefer if "you write like this", with non capitalized letters, except the first one in a sentence. Also, avoid using "!" excessivelly, use "." instead, "!" stands for imperative and/or an exclamation, and when in a sentence it becomes "imperative", people may feel insulted or pressured to do something they don't have to in the first place.

As for the comments I didn't reply at moddb, you made pretty much the same questions and requests in some of them in another way, hence I didn't reply so far, just in case you're wondering.

As for the nuke map, I do not have it anymore (I lost it in a HDD format a long time ago, I simply forgot about backing it up), and as for the new UltimaProtos being bigger than The Ultimate, yes it is, it's even bigger than the current NW2X UltimaProtos, and by far much more agressive than UltimaProtos and The Ultimate combined (without the black smoke, since that would cause a tremendous visual lag together with some fx).

As for your current post here:
1. The Ultimate sound range is simply bigger than NW2X UltimaProtos, at close range you can actually hear both. The Ultimate sound is also more "powerfull" of sort to speak, the new NW3 UltimaProtos has even a stronger sound than both, although very similar to The Ultimate (as you can confirm during the last seconds of the NW3 Preview 2).
2. Yes it does, I specifically warned about that before, and I think I say that in the ReadMe as well.
3. Next time be sure to read what I write about any mod in particular first, there you will realize there's no way I am going to fix it and it's pretty much impossible doing so without removing the actual essence this weapon in particular is all about, I stated that a long time ago.
I released it, as many people asked so, and I won't do anything more relative this mod in particular.
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

Feralidragon wrote:
>@tack!< wrote: posts..... 1
Well, this guy found me and my mods at moddb, made lots of comments and questions: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
Then commented on my blog, then he came here as it seems lol
yeh i thought that cuz his post is not pure randomness or sth :p yet it was kinda as you say imperative so i thought it was a troll or somtin lol :p