monstermatch BETA3

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Rakiayn
Masterful

monstermatch BETA3

Post by Rakiayn »

Important!!!
If you have a different version of monstermatch and you have made a monstermatch map
please make a backup of your monstermatch file and your map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is beta3 of monstermatch

some changes since last beta:

-codes almost totally rewritten,
now only 1 masterclass for monsters, 1 masterclass for spawners, 1 masterclass for spawnprojectiles

-monsters wear colors
-monsters use original meleeattack again
-4 teams possible
-spawner has now 10 slots, use altfire to switch
-monsters are not bisplayer anymore
-monsters dont appear on score list anymore
-a monsters master is nolonger a monsters instigator
-monsters can respawn ( only monsters that are placed in ued)
-friendly fire on monsters implented

-spawners can spawn any actor now, instead of only monsters

explenation:
monstermatch is a MOD where you spawn monsters,items and projectiles to your liking

spawner:
you start with 10 spawners
every spawner has 10 slots.
press alt fire to switch to a different object(monster,inventory,projectile) to spawn
spawning stuff costs ammo
the more score you have, the faster your ammo regenerates.

monsters:
If you spawn a monster it will fight for you an earn score for every monster or player it kills.
every player's has his own color, depening on their team, monster will wear that color
players that are on the same team will have slightly different colors
(monsters can also be placed by the mapper in a map to help defend the base.)
(it is also possible to place neutral monsters in some areas, where players can hunt on to gain score)
the more monsters you have (alive) , the slower you spawner ammo will regenerate
monster wont attack players from their own team.

orders and adjustments:
you can give your monsters orders or alter them, by firing a special projectile on them (I believe under inventorygroup 10 or 9)
-delete:
deletes your monster
-order follow:
monster will follow you
-order hunt:
monster will go hunting, goes to follow if there is noone to hunt on
-order stadground:
orders you monsters to stand their ground. good for letting them defend
-order roam:
monster will roam
-rotate:
rotate your monster slithly
-forces meleeatack:
forces your monster to melee attack

projectiles:
you can spawn projectiles to attack enemys

inventory:
you can spawn inventory that will help you achieve victory, (items, armor,weapons).
a mapper can adjust his map to this if he wants, by making an area for example that can only be reached by having the scubagear

somestuff that is not made yet, or only half
-make a better hud which also show what you are about to spawn and how much it costs
-use earned credit to buy new classes(monsters,inventory,projectiles) to spawn
-use earned credit to improve monsters ,health speed armor etc.
-use a window to alter spawnslots
-press a key to open a widow in which you can adjust the properties of the curret object you are about to spawn
so you could make a giant aquid with a shieldbelt, or a brute that fires razorblades etc...(not started with this yet)

I know there is still a lot of stuff not right yet.
some stuff that i am aware off.
-please ignore the hud. I will totally rebuild it.
-no bot support yet ( pathing)
-bots attack their own monsters

interested in joining?
go here:
http://www.ut99.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2284

download:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/VGlj ... YUNGa1E9PQ

screenshots:

Rakiayn
Masterful

Re: monstermatch BETA3

Post by Rakiayn »

I discoverd some unforseen problems in the beta.
I did a big change just before the beta release, and there are some problems i didnt notice.
-you get score if someone kills a bot. this ist suppose to happen.
-monsters sometimes attack monsters of the same team
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

You can use inventory to stop a lot of these problems. Give the scripted pawns some item in inv and tie that to the owner. Then you can add all the checks you like to setenemy or isfriendly.

Dane is stunningly good at HUD, and I would help with any of the scripted pawn stuff you might need. Give me a shout if you get hung up.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

the monster allready have an inventory.
it gives the monsters their teamcolor glow. (depending on their masters team and player id)
some other stuff like the 'monstercount' is being take care of in the 'playerreplication info' of the monsters, or in the monsterclass itself.
monsters attacking eachother sometimes, is my fault. I made a change in the code and didnt test it good enough, but i think i know how to fix it.
so the only problem to me at the moment is bots attacking their monsters.
do you think I can fix that by only using inventory? i hope so, I would rather not subclass bots
changing behavior through only an inventory would be really nice
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

gopostal wrote:You can use inventory to stop a lot of these problems. Give the scripted pawns some item in inv and tie that to the owner. Then you can add all the checks you like to setenemy or isfriendly.

Dane is stunningly good at HUD, and I would help with any of the scripted pawn stuff you might need. Give me a shout if you get hung up.
Dane wasnt interrested in joining this mod.
Im very interested in what you set about the inventory. I tried it myself. but I wasnt able to alter setenemy or is friendly in the inventory. could you send me an email with some help?
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

This is just my opinion, but I prefered it when the weapons only spawned monsters, except the monster kicker... I would have liked the same as before but with easier spawner changing and the kicker having no ammo cost. (But this is just my opinion)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

well you can change easyer now, by pressing altfire you can switch between different slots.
as for spawning other things then monsters, I think it should be possible to decide in the options menu wheter it is possible to spawn only monster or other stuff too
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

The options menu comes out as MyMod in the mod menu, and it is f'ing huge. I dunno what resolution you're using, but on 1024*768 (UT's default max) the menu doesn't work. I just get the bottom 2 of it, half of the 3rd from the bottom, and a never ending wall of empty space.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

ye srry about that. Its not finished yet. I will do that last.
I am currently working on a screen that you can summon in game that lets you decide what you want to spawn. and alter the properties of what you want to spawn. it costs money to alter a thing to spawn though.
Its really hard creating this window and boring as hell . but im making slow progress
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:someone for a working link monstermatch BETA3 ?
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

No, "Download link is invalid"
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:This is the release MMatch104release http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=1533