DeemerWorld release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
gopostal

DeemerWorld release

Post by gopostal »

This is a simple, straightforward mod to ease running a variety of redeemer-only games. I've been playing that style a bit and it is actually very difficult to master.

Each mod style (see readme) has subtle changes in the redeemers that profoundly affect gameplay. The core of redeemer arena remains, but consider this several "takes" on how to play

HUGE thanks to Wormbo for letting me import and use his 2k4 Redeemer package. All of that coding is his and used with permission.

I have an "OK, I'll try it out" server at:
DeemerWorld
8.12.64.129:7777
that will stay with this mod for a little bit to let people test it out.

Thanks guys. Don't let UT99 die!
UT99.org

Re: DeemerWorld release

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:http://www.ut-files.com/

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://uz.ut-files.com/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Not ok with latest reders opengl 35/36 d3d9r12 and maybe more.

gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Oh wow....This is a serious issue. Cannot thank you enough for sharing this.

OK I removed the redone reticles and restored the stock ones. This should fix the main problem. If someone could school me on what I did improperly importing the alpha textures so they could be seen correctly across the different renderers, I would be deeply indebted.

Same download but now the package name is DeemerWorlds and all associated written material and files have been updated. Dude thank you again for catching this and letting me know before it got passed around.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Ok now :tu:

Have you try http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... mer2k3.zip i think it whas better for effect and sounds.

I think it whas more funny with http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... n_umod.zip like that you can dodge Missiles.

Maybe to http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... Beta1B.zip

I was a gametype like this before.

Code: Select all

CustomGameConfig[3]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="rdmDM",Mutators="Redeemer2k3.Redeemer2k3,Vengeance2k3.Vengeance2k3,SMoRegenBeta1B.SMoRegenAmmo,SMoRegenBeta1B.SMoRegenHealth,DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT",Settings="bTournament=False,bautopause=False,MinPlayers=4,bForceRespawn=False,FriendlyFireScale=0.0")
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

When I first built my weapons, I got that black square in anything I got transparent as well (like the new crosshairs), at least in the D3D9 renderer. It seems it's a bug in the newest renderers or something.

I could fix it up with a very simple way: mask them first (I mean the textures themselves, not in the code) and them there you go and no more renderers should have that problem again.
So basically, mask textures during import, and you wil have that situation fixed for other renderers (at least it works for me).
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Ferali, I know it's a bit of an imposition, but could you explain to me my import mistake? I thought I was actually importing a masked texture. I save them as transparency, indexed color pcx. Should it be bmp?
Also in the code, removing the check for low detail fixes it (Thank you TheDane).

Medor: should I set bExcludeRedeemer to true in the regen beta? :lol2: Speaking of TheWatcher, did he disappear? He was making some really neat stuff but just went -poof- and at times you can't access his forums. I got a complete rip of them, I'd like to have permission to repost the mods if he'd let me.
BTW, I'll add the 2k3 deemer too when i version forward. That was an oversight on my part.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, regarding import of masked textures, I always had problem doing so with #exec directives in the class itself.
So the only way I found reliable enough and that always worked (no matter what) was actually importing them to a custom utx texture file with Ued (disabled mips, enabled masked, import).
Then, instead of making an #exec to import one of those textures, I make the #exec to merge the utx textures file in the final package, as if the textures in the utx were actually imported ones from the source files, and it always worked.

That way I got always the textures correctly masked, with no problems whatsoever with any renderers. Plus, in the utx files you are always sure if it was masked or not, just by clicking on it.

@Low Detail rid/fix: Yes, understandable. In low detail the game don't give transparency to anything canvas related, so you get rid of the low detail coding, and you always have transparency.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

Dude! Thank you a thousand-fold! Your tutorial makes sense, and I will do that. In a week or so I'll probably version up the redeemer package to fix these mistakes and include the 2003 redeemer. Can I add you to my msn Ferali? I won't pester you, I hate it when it happens to me, but I'd like to be able to chat with you without showing everyone my noobness :what: