{WINGS} Venom-X Version d + X CTF Announcer

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

{WINGS} Venom-X Version d + X CTF Announcer

Post by Feralidragon »

Since someone asked me this release, here it goes (don't forget that this is from January, and the rest of the post below is what I posted at that time in the {WINGS} forum.
Also I added another mutator here which I released with the Venom as well, although I guess no one needs it (there are other similar mods out there).

Venom-X Version d + X CTF Announcer

Release: 09-Jan-2010

--------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOADS

Venom-X: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0XPE7IGL

X CTF Announcer: http://www.filefront.com/16514421/XCTFAnnouncer.rar

[attachment=2]Pancake.PNG[/attachment]
[attachment=3]HeadShotOwnage.PNG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]HeadShotSlaughter.PNG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]LongRangeKill.PNG[/attachment]

--------------------------------------------------------

Fixes:
1 - Fixed Gunner relative position when going straight up or down
2 - Fixed kill message with the VX
3 - Fixed freeze when leaving the jet underwater

Addons:

1 - New messages in the console when killing with a nuke, go into a wall, etc
I kept the old ones there, and added most of Hinoky's and others of my own.

2 - New Announcer: now the sequence is:
Double Kill | Triple Kill | Multi Kill | Mega Kill
Ultra Kill | Monster Kill | Ludicrous Kill | Holy Shit

Unlike the standard announcer and some custom ones, the "Holy Shit" message has no max killing.

3 - New integrated RX Announcer messages system:
Now, there are some special messages which will be shown just like the "Double Kill" messages and announced as such (you hear the Announcer saying them).
Although there are some mods that give some of those kind of messages (ie Revenge, Disgraced), none of them, I repeat, NONE of them was ever built for an RX game. Also, I don't know any RX to date that has this kind of system specifically for RX special frags (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but at least I don't know any).
Plus, each one of these messages gives you extra points (points, NOT frags), and they are:

> BURN OUT or GINSU - You get one of these messages when you kill a pilot or gunner from another jet with your own jet chassis, by passing very close to it, only a bit above. You receive 3 extra points.

> CANNON BALL - To receive this message, you take off in your Venom-X as a pilot and take a gunner with you, and then you need to release the jet and kill someone with it, but still with the gunner in there even during the explosion.
You and the gunner receive this message and 4 extra points each, also the players you killed with this manouver, the gunner will also receive them as his own frags.

> COMBO WHORE - When you kill someone with a ShockRifle combo. You win 2 extra points.

> DENIED - When you shoot down an incoming enemy nuke with other weapon that is NOT the jet, other nuke or even anything redeemer related. You receive 7 extra points.

> EAGLE EYE - You get this message when you kill a pilot or a gunner (or destroy the jet itself and therefore the players in there) from a certain distance, while you are on the ground (which means, that you aren't in a jet). However certain weapons don't count for this, such as: the seeking nuke or a rogue jet for obvious reasons. This one gives you 5 extra points.

> HIT AND RUN or PANCAKE or RAGE - Basically your jet has to kill someone on the ground/walking with its chassis, splattering them, be it piloted or not. You get 2 extra points with this one.

> INSTAGIB - When you kill someone on the ground with an Instagib from a certain far distance. You win 2 extra points.

> LOCK ON or LOCK AND LOAD - When you kill someone from a seeking nuke (it has to seek, which doesn't happen always as you know) and from a certain far distance. You win 1 extra point.

> OWNAGE - When you kill someone from a very close distance (really close), without being with a jet or nuke. For example: telefragging, impact hammering, instagib from that close distance, the same with headshots, etc. You win 3 extra points.

> SILENCER - When you kill someone with plain Enforcers (single or akimbo/double). You receive 1 extra point.

> TOP GUN - You get this message when you kill a pilot or a gunner (or destroy the jet itself and therefore the players in there) using your jet cannons/machine guns. For example: when you are after a jet and start shooting it, and if you succeed killing him, you get this message, and 3 extra points.

4 - New Frag Counter Announcer messages system:
As you know, in CTF you have Frags and Points. Usually the Points reflect everything you did in the game: frags, captures, assists, defends, one of those events over there, etc, while Frags is just the number of enemy players you killed.
Well, another addon is that an Announcer looks at the Frags and once you reach a certain amount of them, you get a certain message and the Announcer actually saying that message.
It only looks to the total of frags, not how much you did without dying, so basically making 10 kills without dying or making 10 dying on each kill you make it's the same for this Announcer.
The messages you can get are:

> Slaughter - 10 Frags
> Bloodbath - 20 Frags
> Annhilation - 35 Frags
> Erradication - 50 Frags
> Extermination - 75 Frags
> Termination - 100 Frags

Again, every frag during a whole match counts for this, also this doesn't give any bonus, just an aknowledgement message, nothing more.

5 - New Distance Kill message system:
Basically, if you kill someone at a far certain distance, a white message appears:

> Long Range Kill - A predetermined minimum far distance
> Super Long Range Kill - 2.5x that distance
> Extreme Long Range Kill - 5x that distance

Like in the addon number 4, this doesn't give any points or anything like that whatsoever, but unlike all the other messages, this one doesn't have any sound at all, just the message itself.
I took the idea from the SLV servers, which have somewhat this kind of message mod.

6 - New Headshot Effects and Reward:
Basically now the Headshot has 2 features:
> More gore and blood visually (highly server friendly, I guarantee you)
> It gives 1 extra Point AND Frag (this is the only addon that gives you extra frag points)

7 - New CTF Addon: X CTF Announcer
Basically, this is a mutator of my own as well that I asked Lort to also add to the server. I made it specifically for our server, so it doesn't take absolutelly any valuable resource at all during the game.
It's an independent package from the jet, and therefore any server can use it, as long it's CTF.
Basically, it is another announcer that comments the each team score during the game (when a team scores) and in the end of it (right after the end of the match), but always something very short, for example:

During the game:
> Blue Team is Destroying the opposition!
> Red Team is Falling behind!
> etc

End of the game:
> That was one brutal match!
> Crushing Defeat!
> etc

And that's all the addons.
NOTE: All the addons, with exception of addon number 1 (custom console messages), can be fully configured (bonus points, distances, etc) or even disabled (one by one or everything at once).
So if you find a bonus that is too low or high or a distance that should be changed or even one of the announcements/addons disabled, just say which ones or how much.
This version doesn't bring the menu for the new addons, only the ini configuration, mostly since I don't know how people will react and that's a lot of things to add to a menu.
Attachments
LongRangeKill.PNG
HeadShotSlaughter.PNG
Pancake.PNG
HeadShotOwnage.PNG
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: {WINGS} Venom-X Version d + X CTF Announcer

Post by Creavion »

You are ambitious and busy as a bee, like always. It would be time for me to release somthing again as well :/
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

lol, :tongue: I just like to develop these things (besides my ambition is to develop something bigger than these "smaller" mods, which I am on the process of..., which means that I won't release anything anytime soon as well, perhaps only showing some stuff, but not releasing for now).

Besides, regarding this one, it was already released at January, but just posted about it here recently, so tecnically I don't release anything since January, and I should only release something by November or December (1 year interval).

Also as far as I know, you were in the process of developing several things, most of them are just unfinished, but in a good way I think?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Actually I have only one project in production, I am just about to finish the layout.
It does not make sense to map anything for unreal 227 for now, since those crazy guys always adds or changes some stuff. I will wait for the final release before I consider to make something for it.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Is there a way to use NoSLPickup110 with it ?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

medor wrote:Is there a way to use NoSLPickup110 with it ?
Hmm, it should work with Venom the same way it works with SLV I guess. Sorry the question: have you already tried to use it with Venom as if you used it with SLV?

If so and didn't work, send me NoSLPickup110 itself to check what I can do to make it work with Venom :wink:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:It's with monsterhunt i use mapvotela :

Code: Select all

CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="MonsterHunt2v3.MonsterHunt",NewPrefix="WingsMH",Mutators="MonsterHunt2v3.MHPoweredMonster,NemesisWINGSvXdx.MHVXMutator,XCTFAnnouncer.XCTFAnnouncer,Redeemer2k3.Redeemer2k3,NoSLPickup110.PickupMutator",Settings="bBalanceTeams=False,bPlayersBalanceTeams=False")
NoSLPickup110 http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... pickup.zip
i have not lauch it as ServerActors=NoSLPickup110.ServerActor but only with mapvotela. (i have an other server on slv with no Wings and it's ok with no ServerActor for nosl it run..

One more problem we can't kill monster with the first fire.online and offline
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

feri, providing you kept the name "konglauncher" for the launcher, then NOSLPickup will work, else it has to be edited to work with the launcher name.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

][X][~FLuKE~][X][ wrote:feri, providing you kept the name "konglauncher" for the launcher, then NOSLPickup will work, else it has to be edited to work with the launcher name.
Well, the name was kept (I didn't change any names from the original Nemesis), so if it works that way, medor got his answer. Unless it still doesn't work, medor?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:in mapvotela i lauche NemesisX.konglauncher and no NemesisWINGSvXdx.MHVXMutator ?

NemesisWINGSvXdx.konglauncher ?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:NemesisWINGSvXdx.konglauncher not beast for nosl and don't run and nokill monster at the first fire
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, regarding the first fire, go to the ini of the jet, and look for these settings and set them all to False:

bGhostPawns=False
bGhostJets=False
bGhostNukes=False
bGhostMissiles=False
Once set to False, the first fire will work on monsters as well.

Regarding the mutator, the right one is really NemesisWINGSvXdx.MHVXMutator.
But you need to tweak an ini setting of the NoSLVPick mutator, so open the NoSLPickup.ini and change the following setting:

AllowedAmmoAmount=1
The default of your ini was 7, but for the Venom it must be 1, because the Venom doesn't accept anything beyond 1 ammo (like most RX).
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:perfect all :tu:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:As I installed it on the server we had the time lag with the red square connection.

I just tried again on another server is the same lag.

If one whant to testing:

Files http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... pickup.zip
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... GSvXdx.rar
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... v2-zip.zip but just all two in it SLV2Models.u and SLV2Textures.utx

UnrealTournament.ini
ServerPackages=NemesisWINGSvXd

MapVoteLA.ini

CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="MonsterHuntv2.MonsterHunt",NewPrefix="WingsMH",Mutators="MonsterHuntv2.IP2Country,MonsterHuntv2.Stats,MonsterHuntv2.MH2PlayerLog,Redeemer2k3.Redeemer2k3,Relics.RelicRegen,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath,NemesisWINGSvXdx.MHVXMutator,NoSLPickup110.PickupMutator",Settings="bBalanceTeams=False,bPlayersBalanceTeams=False")
NoSLPickup.ini
AllowedAmmoAmount=1

Is there a new update ? i can see other here http://uz.ut-files.com/ NemesisWINGSvXdxs down here http://www.filefront.com/16659847/VenomX_dxs.zip
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

That's odd, but either ways the dx version wasn't made for MH (although it has that possibility indeed).
dxs is indeed another version with just some "default default" properties changed (the very default properties for the config), so you better try that one instead.
You can get it here: http://feralidragon.blogspot.com/2000/0 ... Venom_X_DX

If you still have that trouble, use the bx (or cx, don't remember well), which is the one Killerbee is using on his MH server together with Nali Weapons, and so far the server has no issues. Also the Venom got hosted in different servers, and no lag issues were reported either, so it still gives you trouble, it might be a setting on your server, or another mod which simply don't like the venom or something.

Actually there's an ex and fx version I made afterwards, but it has just a new effect on the missiles (a missile line trail instead of the smoke), but I only gave it to the wings clan, so no one besides me and the wings admin has it.

EDIT: Try to host SLV or another different RocketX in your server just to check if you have the same timeout or not.