Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by Creavion »

Awesome. I have seen your start of moddelling and skinning. Remembering where I have seen some of your first attempts. Comparing with your current ones, its a huge difference. Like a jump in the modern era.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Like I said in the comments at moddb, I am really jealous. You are like a big brother that I can learn from... (sometimes :roll: )

I really look forward to this. :gj:
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks all :tu:

Now, here's the gravity beam footage. When you're quiet, the beam will shoot straight forward, but when you move (rotate your view) the beam starts to curve itself, it starts to bend.
All the previous beam bugs are solved (you can no longer go through walls or pass objects through walls anymore), and between some features, you can launch a pawn or another object through the air depending on your balance, or even crush him/her/it on the floor, walls or ceiling.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:and between some features, you can launch a pawn or another object through the air depending on your balance, or even crush him/her/it on the floor, walls or ceiling.
I think im gonna enjoy that part the most of that weapon :idea: Ow and btw, the weapon looks nice ingame :tu:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

No one said that about my own grav gun, though. Probably because it wasn't as awesome-looking as this one. (Also I still suck a bit at modeling)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:and between some features, you can launch a pawn or another object through the air depending on your balance, or even crush him/her/it on the floor, walls or ceiling.
I think im gonna enjoy that part the most of that weapon :idea: Ow and btw, the weapon looks nice ingame :tu:
UBX Master wrote:No one said that about my own grav gun, though. Probably because it wasn't as awesome-looking as this one. (Also I still suck a bit at modeling)
Yours was good also and had a nice concept, but when I told you and advised you about what was wrong, from the mod itself to its promotion/advertising way, even regarding gameplay, you didn't want to hear, now you're surprised almost no one said anything about it, or the other weapons, although I'm not surprised at all. And although I hate this expression, here it goes: "I told you so.", sorry :noidea
Only the quality itself doesn't bring feedback, the way and where you present it does. Think about it :wink:
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

Yes, sir. :)
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

UBX Master wrote:No one said that about my own grav gun, though. Probably because it wasn't as awesome-looking as this one. (Also I still suck a bit at modeling)
Advertising agian? :help:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

... ... Nope ... *neck stretch*

Seriously, I suck at advertising my stuff. I no longer do it, even. Now I just keep all my projects completely unknown (except for sometimes very vague details) until release.
luluthefirst wrote:a little like Crysis
get out of here... :pfff:
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

would the beam work on a passing RX?...as in just pluck them out of the jet and hold them in the air for you to do what you want with them?.. :lol:
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

][X][~FLuKE~][X][ wrote:would the beam work on a passing RX?...as in just pluck them out of the jet and hold them in the air for you to do what you want with them?.. :lol:
Yes, it would work lol :lol2: Although the people wouldn't like that a bit...
Some people already used the previous version to stop a redeemer missile and explode it elsewhere rofl :lol2: So I guess it would work the same with a SLV or a RX.
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

you have GOT to code that as a single weapon replacer mod....replace for the pulserifle??...that would definately go on RX6#1 server..lol
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

][X][~FLuKE~][X][ wrote:you have GOT to code that as a single weapon replacer mod....replace for the pulserifle??...that would definately go on RX6#1 server..lol
I think you're not aware of the biggest advantage of NW3 :mrgreen:
The biggest advantage of NW3, is that NW3 has its own "core" of sort to speak, seperated from the actual weapons. Plus all the weapons will have their own packages, join that with the "dynamic mutator" I made for them, and basically on release you can use whatever weapons you really want to normal standalone play or even for a server, without the need of even hosting a small bit of the other ones.

In resume, everything in NW3 is already thought out to be really flexible, and therefore in this case you would really need 2 things to host this weapon: this weapon package and the NW3 core, nothing more, nothing less. :wink:

Plus, there are more people interested in a standalone version of it, although all the weapons are planned to be "standalone" already, with just the "core" behind, meaning that even NEW weapons can be done, or the current NW3 ones modified without the need to re-download anything at all.

Btw, I tested the graviton with my venom, and it worked perfectly. :D But again, I don't know if people at RX will like it ROFL :lol2:
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

luluthefirst wrote:
UBX Master wrote:get out of here... :pfff:
What?
I don't understand what I did do, its realistic, like crysis :???:
you kidding me,u think crysis is realistic? :lol2: :omfg: :lol2:

Feralidragon: thats just fucking awesome,those weapons all look really cool but. i cant wait for the new nukes. (i just love nukeing everything,but i replaced the megaton explosion with the uhm (nukeexplosion II i believe,the one from the ultimateprotos.) its really funny to place the megaton on lavagiant in the cave,when it goes off,whole map gets blasted. Boooooooooooooom :tongue:
(u are going to remake the nuke effects right? for some uber duper cool effect. because the only nuke effect i though was cool was the ultimaprotos. :P)
but anyway good luck with your project. >_> now if firestorm or RD or DC (the 3 biggest mapping projects.) or Shadows SDK gets released,then ut99 will live forever.
btw: did you ever think of working for a game industry companion? you could make your own game with ur own weapons/enemy's etc.)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

Hm, I have a question. It's just coding curiosity but, how did you make those attached 'glow sprites' in some weapons?