Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by Feralidragon »

robin13 wrote:Feralidragon: thats just fucking awesome,those weapons all look really cool but. i cant wait for the new nukes. (i just love nukeing everything,but i replaced the megaton explosion with the uhm (nukeexplosion II i believe,the one from the ultimateprotos.) its really funny to place the megaton on lavagiant in the cave,when it goes off,whole map gets blasted. Boooooooooooooom :tongue:
(u are going to remake the nuke effects right? for some uber duper cool effect. because the only nuke effect i though was cool was the ultimaprotos. :P)
but anyway good luck with your project. >_> now if firestorm or RD or DC (the 3 biggest mapping projects.) or Shadows SDK gets released,then ut99 will live forever.
Thanks. :mrgreen: Of course I am going to remake the nukes :tu:
My problem now is that I have about 10 different ideas for nukes (when I mean "different", I don't mean shockwaves with different colors, I really mean different). Plus, with the new NW3 "core", there are a lot of effects and after-effects I can add now to a nuke (floor breaking effect, much much better shockwave effect, glows, panning effects, better smoke effects, better coronas, lensflares, etc).
The old UltimaProtos and MegaTon should look noobish against the new ones, so I guess you don't have to worry.
But well, I can talk about it, however I prefer to not talk much about them and show them when they get done, but you can imagine them if you consider the differences already shown from one pack to another.
robin13 wrote:btw: did you ever think of working for a game industry companion? you could make your own game with ur own weapons/enemy's etc.)
I already did, and I really like to make games and such, but the thing is that I am not that good to do this kind of stuff at a professional level (at least not yet, I have a long way to achieve that kind of level, if I ever achieve it), and although I live in the main city of my country, the only companies that I know to produce games around here are too far away to me, ironic, isn't it?

In resume, I am not the kind of guy a company would like to have nowadays (perhaps some years ago I would have a shot, but today is simply impossible for me with the level of skill and knowledge I have).
So I just keep developing and evolving during the time as much as I can instead :)
UBX Master wrote: Hm, I have a question. It's just coding curiosity but, how did you make those attached 'glow sprites' in some weapons?
Simple: I made some meshes I together with the weapon meshes, so they could have sync animations, and then in-game they just get spawned with bParticles=True, and the right sprites on them (with some settings, as to blink or flicker or stay static).
Generally the meshes are simple planes, or triangles.
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

if you get this nuke it UT,then you're god.

probatly wont happen though,but yes i got the point. and hell,i cant wait to play with it.

IS IT DONE YET :loool: :loool:
sorry,im impatient XD :D
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

robin13 wrote:if you get this nuke it UT,then you're god.
[img]Nuke%20Image[/img]

probatly wont happen though,but yes i got the point. and hell,i cant wait to play with it.

IS IT DONE YET :loool: :loool:
sorry,im impatient XD :D
Actually... I want to do something slightly better than that :oops: That nuke doesn't look that good imho, the surrounding environment makes it look better than what it actually is. But this is just my opinion and I don't want to promisse or say much about it until I get them done, nor say I will do better. Just saying that my ideas to actual nukes go beyond that (been holding off some effects on the already shown weapons to use them on nukes).
luluthefirst wrote:god this fucking "haha u tink crisis is real? hahahahahahahaaha u noob rouahahahahahahahaha" really pisses me off, did you play crysis? M'kay, so if you want it, Nali Weapons 3 is better than crysis, happy now?
Now sorry for what I said, but this really make me very angry.
If you want my opinion, Crysis beats the sh*t out of this mod easilly, it's an obvious easy win. It's still UT99, remember that, so let's not exagerate :wink:
luluthefirst wrote:Anyways, this mod will take a while to make, and the loziner, I can't wait for this, Ferali, better than any nukes I can't see, I don't know but you are making 3 amazing nukes? :gj:
Not "making", but "going to make", and not sure about 3 nukes only... but again, won't promisse anything else beyond what's already said in the description of what's going to be done. :wink:
luluthefirst wrote: You work yourself? I am very happy that you are a nice coder and modeller :)
You mean if I am doing this alone? Yes. Pretty much all the mods I am doing and already did, were by myself, from code to models, skins, effects, etc, with just an exception or two (like the XPickups, which was actually a team effort for example, or the Venom-X which came from Nemesis-X).
luluthefirst wrote: When this mod will be out? Nali Weapons 2011 ;)
Actually, I plan to release them still this year. Only if something goes bad, it might be only by next year. It might be my Christmas present to the community, and if the community doesn't like it by then, well, the intention is all what matters lol :lol2:
robin13
Experienced

Post by robin13 »

luluthefirst wrote:You said that the loziner is a return from nali weapons 1.4, I never seen any loziner, I don't know how the loziner will be.
its an Ionizer.
ever played Ut2003 (in 2004 its also but not the good one)
it has an ion painter,in ut2003 there would be a sattelite above the map and with the painter u could set a target,thus the sattelite would deadray that area.
the Ionizer +sattelite launcher are actualy the same thing.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

robin13 wrote:if you get this nuke it UT,then you're god.

Too big for UT99's 65536UU^3 map size limitation, probably? :loool:
luluthefirst wrote:Now sorry for what I said, but this really make me very angry.
I should be the one apologizing. It's just I have a rage trigger for when someone mentions that game, probably due to some encounters I had with the idiotic part of its fanbase (those who say all games besides Crysis suck and that the game is the best and even more realistic than real life and stuff).
I actually think it's very good looking (but it fries my GPU after 5 minutes of playing, lol).
Feralidragon wrote:Simple: I made some meshes I together with the weapon meshes, so they could have sync animations, and then in-game they just get spawned with bParticles=True, and the right sprites on them (with some settings, as to blink or flicker or stay static).
Generally the meshes are simple planes, or triangles.
That's what I thought. Heh, I love the hax modders can pull out to work around the limitations of the engine. :mrgreen:
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
robin13
Experienced

Post by robin13 »

UBX Master wrote: I should be the one apologizing. It's just I have a rage trigger for when someone mentions that game, probably due to some encounters I had with the idiotic part of its fanbase (those who say all games besides Crysis suck and that the game is the best and even more realistic than real life and stuff).
I actually think it's very good looking (but it fries my GPU after 5 minutes of playing, lol).
ok u guys are talking about graphics,i though u where talking about gameplay,thus why i said it wasnt realistic.
yes the Cryengine 2 is good but,ITS SO BADLY OPTIMISED :what:
gameplay is fun though. and im sure gone buy crysis 2,if my pc can handle the demo first ofc.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

robin13 wrote:
UBX Master wrote: I should be the one apologizing. It's just I have a rage trigger for when someone mentions that game, probably due to some encounters I had with the idiotic part of its fanbase (those who say all games besides Crysis suck and that the game is the best and even more realistic than real life and stuff).
ok u guys are talking about graphics,i though u where talking about gameplay,thus why i said it wasnt realistic.
yes the Cryengine 2 is good but,ITS SO BADLY OPTIMISED :what:
gameplay is fun though. and im sure gone buy crysis 2,if my pc can handle the demo first ofc.
Yeah the gameplay sucks (like on most FPSs where I can just go stealth-sniping with a pistol (FEAR, for example)), the AI is crappily coded and sometimes the physics are awfully glitchy.

Now could we get on-topic again?
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

Feralidragon wrote:
][X][~FLuKE~][X][ wrote:you have GOT to code that as a single weapon replacer mod....replace for the pulserifle??...that would definately go on RX6#1 server..lol
I think you're not aware of the biggest advantage of NW3 :mrgreen:
The biggest advantage of NW3, is that NW3 has its own "core" of sort to speak, seperated from the actual weapons. Plus all the weapons will have their own packages, join that with the "dynamic mutator" I made for them, and basically on release you can use whatever weapons you really want to normal standalone play or even for a server, without the need of even hosting a small bit of the other ones.

In resume, everything in NW3 is already thought out to be really flexible, and therefore in this case you would really need 2 things to host this weapon: this weapon package and the NW3 core, nothing more, nothing less. :wink:

Plus, there are more people interested in a standalone version of it, although all the weapons are planned to be "standalone" already, with just the "core" behind, meaning that even NEW weapons can be done, or the current NW3 ones modified without the need to re-download anything at all.

Btw, I tested the graviton with my venom, and it worked perfectly. :D But again, I don't know if people at RX will like it ROFL :lol2:

i dont care if they like it....it will be cool....lol

the main reason the stand alone would be better is to keep the download size down and looks like you have achieved that!!...GJ
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

robin13 wrote:
luluthefirst wrote:You said that the loziner is a return from nali weapons 1.4, I never seen any loziner, I don't know how the loziner will be.
its an Ionizer.
ever played Ut2003 (in 2004 its also but not the good one)
it has an ion painter,in ut2003 there would be a sattelite above the map and with the painter u could set a target,thus the sattelite would deadray that area.
the Ionizer +sattelite launcher are actualy the same thing.
Basically yes, although you will be able to see by the sattelite camera and the actual explosion will be much bigger and complex than a simple shockwave. :wink:
][X][~FLuKE~][X][ wrote: i dont care if they like it....it will be cool....lol

the main reason the stand alone would be better is to keep the download size down and looks like you have achieved that!!...GJ
Core = 12Mb
Graviton = 8Mb

Total = 20Mb

Fine by you? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Compressed in uz files both of them should get around 10Mb or less.
robin13
Experienced

Post by robin13 »

Feralidragon wrote: Core = 12Mb
Graviton = 8Mb

Total = 20Mb

Fine by you? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Compressed in uz files both of them should get around 10Mb or less.
can't accept that,i want 64kb hyper compression >_>
Napoleon Bonaparte
robin13
Experienced

Post by robin13 »

oh c'mon guys you kidding me,making a problem of maybe 20 mb's. if it was 2gb okey but 20 mb's XD
Napoleon Bonaparte
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

20Mb is already an optimized value. In case some people didn't realize yet, everything in this mod is totally new: I didn't make a bunch of 128x128 skins or modified a rifle to make a mod, everything from concept, effects (sprites), models, code (obviouslly), skins, etc, everything is 100% new. And since UT doesn't have texture compression, nor sound compression (although it supports mp3), and since I saw several people saying that NW2 looked a bit static (more animations needed, and with bigger quality), I got a few models with almost 1Mb on filesize, multiply that by 4 (left hand, right hand, pickup view and 3rd person view) and you will get why the filesize. Join that with all the new features the new pack will have...

If I didn't worry with filesize, the core woud be 5x times bigger and each weapon about 2x to 3x bigger as well.

I could make the core smaller, being like about 5 to 6Mb, but for that I would have to sacrifice completelly the new respawn effect, something that seems that people actually liked a lot, so I guess they worth the extra 6Mb.

But anyway, here's the packages size values currently:
Core: 11,5Mb (said 12Mb because it's not finished)
Modifiers: 2,4Mb
WRE: 3,2Mb
Flame Tracker: 5,5Mb
Bolt Rifle: 3,6Mb
Super Bolt Rifle: 2,8Mb
Graviton: 7,6Mb (said 8Mb since it's not finished)
MultiMissile Launcher: 7,7Mb

TOTAL (so far): 44,3 Mb

Now I ask: after seeing the amount of features the pack has, considering that everything is new and customized, do you consider it's too much?
As you see, the most complex stuff is bigger, while the most simple is smaller.

Personally, I have already downloaded 2x times more from a server only in smaller mods, VPs and skins than that, and no one complains (to not talk about maps and their own packages).
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

why 20mb is big?

The smaller it is the more awesome.
If you don't have the mod and want to play it online you wait a shitload of time.

Now what kind of re-spawn effect could be 5 megabytes? I can fit a map that has everything custom made in 5mb

Edit: in other words, the smaller it is the more likely that i can get it on the explosive server. :D
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

The kind of effect that needs 64 textures to make that respawn effect possible and under this engine ;)
Multiply that by 5 colors, and you get 320 textures. Each texture is 128x128 (I tried to make them 64x64, but they wouldn't look any good at all), plus several people liked the respawn FX a lot, so I won't take it out.

I could have made (and already made, but then I took it off) the respawn with a custom color (any color you wanted), at the cost of only 3 sets of those textures (red, green and blue ones), but it happens that if you didn't choose a pure color (r, g or b), each respawn FX would have 2 to 3 overlayers instead of just one, and considering that the engine sucks on mesh rendering performance, I prefered to add 2 more sets (white and yellow), for the yellow team (because the respawn FX can be based on what base they are) and white for a neutral color.

Plus, that size is the raw size, meaning that once zipped (uz) and with a good redirect, that's not so big and it won't take much time at all (it will be half of that size or even much less). As I said, I already downloaded more than that in VPs and skins, with no redirect at all, and no one complains much (I also play UT, and a lot LOL, so I know how to handle these things). Plus, the biggest files are the core and so far 2 weapons, the rest is 5Mb or less (2 to 3Mb), and most maps have that size, plus custom packages some have.

Comparing a 5Mb map with custom content which generally is no more than some textures, perhaps a music, a few sounds and a few meshes max, with a full functional core with incorporated effects, lots of new sounds, particles, lots of new models, texture packs (effects, explosions, fx textures, etc), a few skins, HUD icons, etc, and a big load of classes (75 classes so far only for the core, and that isn't much compared to the previous pack), is comparing 2 distinct things.

Like I said before, I do the possible and the impossible to lower the filesize, but when you have full animated models which almost hit 1Mb filesize (which you have to multiply by 4 to make the 4 weapon views), 512x512 skins (anytime I can I lower to 256x256, or 128x128, or even 512x256, etc, specially the overlayer ones which generally have 1/2 or 1/4 of the original skin), lots of sounds (1 to 2Mb), all sort of sprites for effects and more fx textures, and you just CAN'T compress any of them like in newer engines, then I think it's already pretty good to get 7Mb weapon or even a 12Mb core.

I just can't do better than that, sorry, but as many have realized, this is no common weapon pack, this is not just a modified rifle that shoots something else with a new skin.

But anyway, when I release the whole pack, you're all free to look into them in Ued and see why that filesize, and I sure you that you will never see so many files (classes, textures, sounds) in each weapon and the core itself, like in another weapon pack released for UT so far.

I even do meshes just to get a particle effect or tracing effects (but these are very very low in filesize, just about 1Kb or 2Kb max), and I didn't see any weapon pack with such effects so far, ever.

You people have to keep in mind that features, enhancements and new stuff don't come cheap, they all take more and more size, and I don't do miracles. So on release, download them, play with them and decide if they're worth their filesize or not, which isn't that much at all compared to what features they have, and compared to the old pack which is unbelievable inferior to the new one. That's all I can say.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:But, did you already hide the weapon's face that no one can see?
:?: :?: :?: