Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by Feralidragon »

^ Thanks ^^
zacman wrote:D: Why did you have to show us? Now I know how awesome it is, waiting will drive me insane :loool:
D: I didn't show all of it... I was about to show the 6 mines for instance, but then I would spoil too much (besides, so far I am showing mostly the weapons without any effects, I have only shown one or another effect from the actual weapons...).

Also don't worry, I don't plan to show up the nukes for instance (no weapons nor explosions), since they're the last ones and making such an update would spoil what 50% of the people following the mod actually want lol :satan:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

I WANT MORE!!!! :| :| :| :| :| NOW! :P anyways i can wait for the release
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:I don't plan to show up the nukes for instance (no weapons nor explosions)
Ahwwwwww .....you are such a meanie :(
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS

Well, like the title says, I have bad and good news to give, so I will start with the bad ones:

BAD NEWS:

1 - It happens that it's now impossible for me to release this in December.
I really wanted to release this pack this month, since it would be the best time for almost everyone, however it's now impossible due to certain RL stuff (not "issues", but simply lack of time), and since now it doesn't matter anymore the exact month to release, it will be delayed 1 to 3 months, which means that the new public release time will be between January and March of next year.

2 - There's a weapon I won't do anymore: Cybot Order Giver (or something like that). The point of it was to give orders to cybots to make formations, however I thought a bit further on it and I realized it would completelly useless in-game, and complex to do (not the weapon, but the different formations, since it would need somewhat a more advanced AI and quite a strategical knowledge I currently don't have to make such AI [I suck at chess, nuff said lol]).

GOOD NEWS:

1 - The new cybots will be more complex, more intelligent and challenging, and will be visually much more superior (from the transformation to the actual "pawn" movement and animation, or at least should be lol);

2 - This put, I won't release a main version first and then a Bonus Pack later, instead I will release everything all together: remakes and new weapons announced (well, this might be good news or bad news depending on the perspective).

3 - Before the actual public release, I will potentially need to beta-test it first at a private server (mostly because of the NW3 core), which means I will need beta-testers later, which means that some people might be able to try them out before release. Depending on the number of willing beta-testers, I might have to make a selection, or not even do the whole beta-testing alltogether, we will see.

4 - During the beta-testing time (perhaps 1 or 2 weeks before the actual release), I will try to pull out a simple map for the nukes, not just an empty big room, but I will try to pull a nice looking outdoor map for all kinds of gametypes, but I won't promisse anything.

5 - Although I didn't plan to show further updates, as I had to delay the release, I will post some screens or sneaky pics times to times, since all there's left is the cybot launcher, the nukes, some core features, and the BP content (a melee weapon, one or another utility and the ion nuke), so people don't think this mod is inactive or something (otherwise when it gets released people would have already forgot about it like I saw in other people's mods), when is actually quite active in its development. And talking about it, this is the new Cybot Launcher:

This is all I have to say for now, I hope you all understand (I don't like it this way either, but it has to be this way so the pack fullfills everyone's minimal expectations).
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

dont worry we (well at least i do) understand it. Just take your time with it :tu:

If you need any testers you know where to find me.. ow and that shot looks really great :D
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:it's now impossible for me to release this in December.
Damn... I want this under my Christmas Tree ...Wait a minute ...now I have an idea for an Easter-egg in my map for U.P. ...Ferali can I use the shots you made of your weapons?
I wanna build some toy packages for some of your Weapons and put them under my Christmas trees in the map. Please can I do it??
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Worth waiting for if u ask me (even if u don't). 1 and 2 were awesome and this is another level entirely.

Ferali I'm so jealous of you I can't stand myself! :)

Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

No stress, man! The Unreal community is used to waiting. The new weapon looks cool as always :o
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks all :tu:

@papercoffee: Of course. I have absolutelly no problems with that :wink:
][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Experienced
Personal rank: RocketX5/6 creator

Post by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ »

feri, there are no other coders/modders in UT that can get close to what you are doing for UT99 IMO and everyone, as already stated, is fully willing to wait until you complete the pack, whenever that may be, no one has the right to complain its not ready.

i think i can be so bold as to say No-one appreciates what you do more than the UT99 community. :tu:
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

looks badass, i wish i could make such things.
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

Feralidragon wrote:4 - During the beta-testing time (perhaps 1 or 2 weeks before the actual release), I will try to pull out a simple map for the nukes, not just an empty big room, but I will try to pull a nice looking outdoor map for all kinds of gametypes, but I won't promisse anything.

*Volunteers* :mrgreen: Would be awesome to be one of the first to play with this epicness :tu:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (05-Mar-2011) - Cybot Launcher Finished

If anyone wondered if this pack was still under development, read below (screenshots below as well):

138 classes, more than 100 texture files, 73 new 3D models and 2 months of development later, the Cybot Launcher is finally ready (finished it today).
Like I said previouslly, this was the most complex part of the NW3 pack and it would take time to finish, specially since I never did AI or Pawn animations (ended up to find further engine bugs on the way too regarding pawns), never the development of a single weapon took me this much time, but personally I am quite glad I could at least finish it the way I somewhat intended to, plus the most difficult thing in the pack was achieved, so now the rest is "relativelly easy" to make.

Although it was quite difficult to make, it's very easy to use and quite fun as well. It's a weapon classified as "Super Weapon", which means Redeemer's class, plus they are able to battle eachothers and are fully optimized for team games (2 to 4 teams), specially visually.
It can carry up to 15 ammo, however you get only 5 ammo at pickup (so basically you would need to get 3 launchers to get 15 ammo).

The cybots will fight and can get killed, and they are (F and G stand for "Follower" and "Guardian" respectivelly):

#1 - Sentinel - Stationary cybot, attacks incoming enemies with its blaster (1 ammo needed);
#2 - Dual Sentinel - An advanced version of the Sentinel: it holds 2 blasters so it attacks 2x faster (2 ammo needed);
#3 - Android F - A cybot which can walk, run, jump, cut heads off while jumping, as also a blaster, dodges incoming projectiles (when possible), etc... and follows you around (3 ammo needed);
#4 - Android G - Same as Android F, but this one doesn't follow you around, it stays at the place you deployed until it spots an enemy (3 ammo needed);
#5 - Heli F - Flies around following you and attacking enemies with a dual blaster, and dodges incoming projectiles, however it doesn't fire a while doing so (5 ammo needed);
#6 - Heli G - Same as Heli F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (5 ammo needed);
#7 - Drone F - It's a flying cybot with much more freedom than Heli, faster, it makes much less noise and it's harder to hit, and at times it fires up to 3 sequences of 7 following projectiles to hit different enemies at range, can fire while dodging, and follows you around (8 ammo needed);
#8 - Drone G - Same as Drone F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (8 ammo needed);
#9 - Kamikaze - It's a suicidal exploding cybot: it charges up for about 3 seconds (making the center light bigger and brighter), and makes a huge explosion, covering an area slightly bigger than the Redeemer (8 ammo needed);
#10 - F-Field - Also known as Force Field, it simply won't let any projectile pass through it's boundaries, friend or foe, although anyone is able to fire projectiles from the inside. From each time it receives damage through the field, it gets smaller, however this is the only cybot which can regenerate and grow big again to its initial state. There's a an option in the ini to also kill enemy pawns attempting to physically invade the field, but it's false by default (8 ammo needed);
#11 - Vortex - By far the best cybot you will want to get your hand on: it creates a quantum vortex and pulls everything at its reach (except projectiles). It frequently discharges some energy to the ground breaking it and atracting further matter into it (12 ammo needed).

------------------------------------------------------------
Some Notes:

Also, as you might imagine, the release time of NW3 will be again delayed (I never thought to take this much time, even thought I somewhat knew a long was needed for this weapon in particular), but this time I won't stablish a time, instead I will say what's still left to be done to release the pack:
- Some addons and fixes to the core and some already finished weapons;
- The nukes (about 5 of them, including the new Megaton and UltimaProtos, been saving some core visual features exclusivelly for these 2);
- A simple melee weapon;
- A few "utilities" (2 or 3, easy stuff)
- A few mutators
- Some new pickups to replace the standard ones

So as you see, the release gets closer and closer, and the development is not stopped, and there isn't that much to be done.

------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS:

ImageImage
ImageImage
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Well even Duke Nukem got a release date, so we go on hoping :tu:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Hmm, the usual reply: Awesome. What else?
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.