Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Have you googled the problem with Laptop model name ect the problem, it could be a simple fix, i have done that a few times with pc laptops but i suggest if you have warrenty DO NOT TAKE IT APART :nonono: but saying that My Xbox360 broke down 5 times all different xbox360's in 1 year, my warranty did s**t all for me Game took the sticker off so it could not get fixed so i fixed it myself. If your warranty is still valid for sure the best thing to do is to send it off to the shop or what ever. Or if it runs out try fixing it your self you will save a tonne of money its nearly always cheaper to buy a new one. But at least it sounds like your laptop has some life in it.
Warrenty always try to find a way out of fixing it b*****S don't care i bet if you offered money they will be at your door in seconds :loool:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

No, I didn't google it, I just happen to have a profissionalization in electronics since 3-4 years already or so, so I know the "basics" of how things work (enough to have worked in a quite big company during a full year repairing electronic stuff, quite sensitive stuff that had to work 24/7), so I guessed that since the problem is for sure in the output of the matrix controller (horizontal lines -> lcd controller output, vertical lines -> graphic memory, my case horizontal), and since it seems that the signal of 1 line is affecting the next one (hence the "vertical" flicker), and by making it go to zero, this way won't affect for now.
And the constant bottom and top lines I have now, are simply the already fully burned out outputs.

And yes, is still in warranty, and I would never dare to open it while still in warranty, specially since I am pretty sure the fix is a new lcd (they can't replace the controller, as lcds come with everything integrated already ofc). Last time this laptop was there I told them that it was most likelly the harddrive itself, and in their technical report that's what they replaced.
Raylen
Average
Personal rank: BunnyTracker

Post by Raylen »

I just watched the preview 2 (don't ask why it took so long). It looks so awesome! I really hope you can complete it - there's a lot, even as a BT mapper, that could be done with it!
Thanks in advance for answering the above question!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

luluthefirst wrote:will you make a portal gun ?
No, I won't. :)
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

There was somewhere a portal gun to download... dont look like the one from the game, but it at least works
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Update: Since the last weekend passed (the time which I was supposed to get back to NW3 development with a new laptop), I just want to let you guys know that I still do not have a new laptop, and won't most likelly have one until the end of this month, therefore the pack is paused atm and will remain that way until probably the end of this month or more, until I have enough financial security to be able to buy one.

And since at UnrealAdmin a guy already sugested some kind of "donations" for this, and before someone sugests the same here: No, I won't accept any donations for this, and I have my own reasons (which I stated there).

So, don't expect any development updates in the next 2 months or so, nor a release on August or September anymore (I knew I would have to delay this, not this way though lol).

Thanks for your interest and patience so far :)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

X-Vehicles

Post by EvilGrins »

Any word on when that tank will be available?

Oh, what's the name of that map you did the nuke on the first time?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:So, don't expect any development updates in the next 2 months or so, nor a release on August or September anymore (I knew I would have to delay this, not this way though lol).
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhw :( Oh well... just have to wait then i guess
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Hahahahaha ....now comes our time ....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! RISE OF THE FOOOD!!

Ok joke apart ... I hope you can make it and release your Mod this year. I want to review your weapons.... *sigh*
Feralidragon
Godlike

Re: X-Vehicles

Post by Feralidragon »

EvilGrins wrote:Any word on when that tank will be available?
Well, considering that I have to finish NW3 and another certain project first before I advance with the full remake of those vehicles, and considering what I posted in my previous post and how things are going now, I don't really know, it will take perhaps 1 or 2 years, or in the worse case I may never release it, unfortunatelly.
EvilGrins wrote:Oh, what's the name of that map you did the nuke on the first time?
Which one? Either ways, all the maps aren't available as I made them all just to show the nukes fully, although I will make one of them available at the release of this pack.
papercoffee wrote:Hahahahaha ....now comes our time ....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !! RISE OF THE FOOOD!!

Ok joke apart ... I hope you can make it and release your Mod this year. I want to review your weapons.... *sigh*
A release in this year is almost guaranteed, it will just be delayed with this... :(
Like a wise man said once: "It's so sad being so poor" :lol2:

Well, I guess for now I will do simply detailed sketches of what I will have to do once I get a new machine.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Ferali,
As I've said before, your work is always worth waiting for. :)
Thanks for the heads up.

Sergeant Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Nali Weapons 3 - Whoops!

Post by EvilGrins »

I was gonna make a scathing review of NW3, after having tried it out and how it didn't seem to measure up to the videos. That is, I was up until I noticed I had downloaded NW2.

Nobody's perfect.

Anyway, I do have this:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/30211.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

lol u got the old one and thoght it was the one not released, easy mistake tho.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Would it be possible to add the option of the players/bots to leave a trail/footprints of urine, when a big nuke (for example, level 4+) goes off ?
It could be based on proximity to the event, so players inside a building have some idea they are about to die.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, to be honest I already implemented something better.
One of the mutators included in NW3 is called "Nuclear Warning", so everytime someone launches/deploys a nuke, you hear a female announcer saying something like:
"Warning:
Nuclear Threat Level 4" (which sounds quite natural, I used a text-to-speech web app, then I worked the final sounds in a sound editor to sound more natural and more "female announcer"-ish, and it turned out exactly like I wanted it to)
+ the actual message on the screen with a background alerting sound
+ the zone you're in (Critical, Death, Dangerous or Safe zone, with level 4 and beyond you're hardly in a "safe zone", but it's possible lol as long the nuke shockwave settings are set to not pass through wall, which is by default ofc)

Then a nuclear icon is added at the bottom of your screen, rotating and glowing a small light (blue -> level 1; green -> level 2; yellow -> level 3; orange -> level 4 and red -> level 5), with 2 texts at a side column:
- The name of the player which launched/deployed, which in the case of a team game the text gets either red, blue, or another color respective that player's team;
- Below, in white text, you see how much there's left to set off, and turns red when it's very very close to that moment, and depending on the actual type of nuke, the indication will be different:
* Normal missile: distance from impact: 356m (and counting down as it aproaches)
* Guided missile: impossible to say when it's going to blow up, so everything that appears is: - Guided Nuke -
* Megaton: the actual time: 01:25:891 (minutes:seconds:miliseconds)

And I am still thinking to add a feature so the admin can choose the proper music to play when a nuke is going to blow off during this period, let's see...