Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Post by Feralidragon »

PREVIEWS:

[youtube]75H1kzKC7lY[/youtube]

[youtube]kEyl7xY-2HM[/youtube]

Weapons
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Modifiers
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

New Weapons:

* War Ready Enforcer (WRE): Remake (Done)
* Flame Tracker: Remake (Done)
* Bolt Rifle: Remake (Done)
* Super Bolt Rifle: Remake (Done)
* Graviton: Remake (Done)
* Freezer: Remake (Done)
* Vulcan: Remake (Done)
* The Miner: Remake (Done)
* MultiMissile Launcher: Remake (Done)
* InfraRed Precision Rifle (IRPR): Remake (Done)
* Cybot Launcher (Cybots): Remake (Done)
* MegaTon: Remake (Done)
* UltimaProtos: Remake (Done)
* Nuclear Launcher: (Done)
* Ionizer: (Done)
* The Executioner: (Done)
* R.T. (Razored Translocator): (Done)

Left to do list:
* A few changes, enhancements and fixes;
* Nuclear explosions visual enhancements - both fx and final nuked environment (the level 1 and 2 nukes are pretty lame, 3 and 4 (Megaton) can be better, and ever since I made the experiment of blowing up the Megaton and Ultimaprotos at the same time to see how it looked..... well, let's say UltimaProtos will get an upgrade as well visually as I got some ideas)
* Implementation of a few weapon specific features requested by the community (for mapping mainly);
* Optimizations (bandwidth optimization for servers [the bandwidth is low as of now, but it can still be way better, so...], automatic smart graphics adjuster for client/offline play for best quality/performance balance in runtime [had a experimental version for the Megaton explosion, and it works pretty well so I will apply the same to the rest]);
* Some addons (mostly mutators)
* Add some support for mods post-NW3 (future projects using the NW3 core)
* Menus (to tweak the settings)
* Documentation (admin and player full documentation on the settings and mod architecture, dev documentation may come later after release if justifiable)
* Closed/private beta-testing
* Release :D
anth
Adept

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

Post by anth »

This looks absolutely amazing mate. Keep us updated :)
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Looks absolutely kick-ass. Do these weapons come as a replacement for stock guns and is there any way mappers could use these?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Oh sick, I would have never imagined that you would make an other sequel of that weapons (change of plans regarding sp, I guess?). I meant no harm by it as I saw one of those weapon pics in the last PM O_o

Yes, this seems to be your world, Ferali. And you are very successful with your previous nw weapons release. Always milk the cash cow, even if you don`t earn anything with that.^^
Btw, I will only bump this thread only in case of release or important development updates
Of course, I mean you are not a certain super annoying and ignorant "and I claim that now as my own work" mod thief from beyondunreal ^^
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Wow, this is outstanding! You made some never-seen-before features in UT, like splashing water, breaking walls or new respawn animations. I would have shown you a picture of me watching the video for the first time, if I could. (it was like this :shock: ) This was so impressive, well done!
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Great stuff.
The only thing that bothers me is that when the secondary of the flame tracker splits up the smaller projectiles do not retain the original projectile's momentum.
In other words it looks unrealistic in a bad way.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

BTW: In case of a certain patch coming ... I expect from you doing an other sequel, maybe just "Nali Weapons Evolution" or something like that^^
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
killerbee
Novice

Post by killerbee »

Hi,

My current players are already enthousiast about this upcomming NW3 package.
Feralidragon good luck and keep me briefed.

Grtzz

Killerbee
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks everyone :mrgreen:
--=Aalexanderrr=-- wrote:Do these weapons come as a replacement for stock guns and is there any way mappers could use these?
On release they should bring a mutator which you can tweak to decide which weapons you want to replace by which, and regarding mapping, they would work just like any other weapon: open the packages, then go to NaliWeapons (unreal TournamentWeapon, then it's up to you to choose them out, and place them directly in the map (that's how I tested them on the first place). Just one thing though: like the X-Pickups, NEVER MyLevel them (not only that can screw the system up, due to the core -> weapon system and since one of another server might be running them, and that would be bad lol).

Creavion wrote:Oh sick, I would have never imagined that you would make an other sequel of that weapons (change of plans regarding sp, I guess?). I meant no harm by it as I saw one of those weapon pics in the last PM O_o

Yes, this seems to be your world, Ferali. And you are very successful with your previous nw weapons release. Always milk the cash cow, even if you don`t earn anything with that.^^
I am still planning to do that SP though :tongue: Actually, the only reason I am (re)making this pack is because when I was testing the X-Vehicles with the previous Nali Weapons pack one day, I just went to "perhaps they're ok" to :barf:
I really thought: "Damn, wtf is this sh*t?", and last week or so, after I played for about an hour with the new ones, I went to a server hosting the previous one, and the difference is unexplainable. I don't even know how could I play with such a thing or even other people. I guess 1 year without updating a pack, and do vehicles and mapping stuff instead had some effect in my way of seeing stuff. Basically my SP will base itself off on Nali Weapons, a bunch of vehicles, an already prepared storyline and lots of cinematic effects and maps with some quality (let's see what's the best I can do by then...).
But while the mapping features were visually ok, the vehicles as well (although I have still to upgrade them), when you join the old weapons to the pack, the overall quality drops like a bird without wings. So I am doing this pack in an attempt to make something I can be minimally happy with as well when introducing them in the SP as well.
But I have a little problem, I am too damn ambitious (or greedy if you like) :? - basically I want to do all that, and even an "warfare-rpg" like gametype (blowing up the enemy core, building stationary defenses, nukes, like siege, but beyond siege), but for now I only have time to do this (which is already somewhat a big project). And everytime something is successfull, and I don't like anymore, I do another "better" version of it (delaying all my progress even further regarding the whole SP thing).
Myth wrote: The only thing that bothers me is that when the secondary of the flame tracker splits up the smaller projectiles do not retain the original projectile's momentum.
In other words it looks unrealistic in a bad way.
Indeed... thanks for the heads up, I will fix it :tu:
Creavion wrote:BTW: In case of a certain patch coming ... I expect from you doing an other sequel, maybe just "Nali Weapons Evolution" or something like that^^
:mrgreen:
Well, truth must be told: if it wasn't the annoying "very-limited-engine", I would have added further detail to the weapons (higher res skins, more detailed models, better effects, etc). Everytime I wanted to add a detail... :x Can't, or the overall weapon poly count would burst, and even so I tried to push it a bit further. It's quite frustating sometimes.
Also one week later after I released NW2X, some people asked me to port it to UT2k4 and UT3 O_o (there was even a guy who posted at the Epic forums [no joke] asking someone to make Nali Weapons for UT3, obviouslly he never got a single reply :lol2: ). So if I do another Nali Weapons version after this one, it will be either with that "patch" :mrgreen: , or another UT series, but I highly doubt it (everything has a start and an end, so this might really be the last Nali Weapons pack I do, I don't want this to be one of those sequels that never end, otherwise people will get tired of them easilly).
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

You are indeed a lucky bastard, I hate you! :pfff: :tongue:
About to be non-active
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

I am almost in love with the super bolt :D... That decal it left behind was simply outstanding!! Looking forward to some real action with those set of weapons.. I am already a fan of yours so will not throw too much exaggeration.. God bless inventors!!
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

I shows you have gained a few years of age, now your weapon mod is actualy BOTH looking good and playable. :gj:

Only thing that nags me now is the name ... man, you are not true to the Unreal universe by naming it after the one and only race that a truly peacefull. How about naming the next version FeraliWeapons or Xweapons? :tu:

I'll give this a try and maybe add it to one of my servers .... still i think too powerfull for all default gamestyles, but a MH server would fit it nice i think. (don't flame my reply, it's IMO only :tu: ).
Retired.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Nice work
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

I used to struggle with jealousy over how fast you learned UScript. I feel better now because you are obviously a prodigy :lol2:

Very, VERY well done and I can't wait to see them in action :rock:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon ...give it to me I write a review about your weapons again.... :mrgreen:

Really nice work ...*sigh* ...now I am in love with the Flame Tracker.