The RoninReadMe Project

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced
Personal rank: UT Veteran & Mapper

The RoninReadMe Project

Post by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX »

INTRODUCTION

The RoninReadMe Project is a one of a kind. It includes many, many readme templates that can be used for mods, maps, mutators, Total Conversions, etc, etc. :)

The purpose of The RoninReadMe Project is to help out the UT players in need of a readme template. They have a wide variety to choose from, and they can freely use them and/or modify it to their will. :D

HISTORY OF THE PROJECT

I know it seems kinda pointless, but I've seen many, many Unreal/UT players since 1998 who have no included readmes, readmes that don't make sense, the whole bit.

Anyway, back in 1998, 3 weeks after Unreal 1 came out, I created my very first readme template: the 1337me (don't ask :tongue: xD). It turned out to be very simple, and I used it until my long haitus from 2002-2005 from the Unreal series. After I came back in 2005, I heavily modified the 1337me, to a more professional version, but it didn't last very long, and I ended up using the NaliCity readme generator, which I used from 2005-2007. Between constantly adding stuff into the template after generation and slightly tweaking some issues with it to make it to my standards eventually pissed me off to no limit, and made me generate my RoninFX Unreal-GoW readme, which took me a long while to perfect. :) Ever since the RoninReadMe was perfected in late 2007, I started the project up for readme templates for all UT users..

STATUS OF PROJECT

Specific Build in Development: Vol. 1
Number of Readme Templates Submitted: 6
Names of Who've Contributed Their Readme Templates: [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX, --=Aalexanderrr=--, GreatEmerald, aLeX, Swanky

Current Status: The project currently needs a lot more readme templates.

DOWNLOADS

Vol. 1 - N/A
Vol. 2 - N/A
Vol. 3 - N/A
Vol.1+2+3 AIO- N/A

SUBMISSION

If you have a readme template of your own, if you want, submit it to this project, for use of other players.

However, there is a few rules you have to abide by if you want your submission to be approved. See the next section for more information.

RULES

1) Your readme template cannot contain anything offensive.
2) For submitting your readme template, you accept the fact that others will use your readme template and modify it at their will.
3) You can submit multiple readme templates (the more the merrier :mrgreen: ).
4) There can be different variations of your readme templates, such as a basic version, a complex version, a version for mods, a version for maps, for mutators, single player mods, etc, etc. :)
5) There must be a little section in the readme somewhere stating who created it, and name the date (if applicable)
6) If you want to create a custom readme template JUST for the project, you may do so. :)

README'S SUBMITTED

Vol. 1

1337me v1.2 - [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
RoninFX Unreal-GoW Readme v2.0.4 - [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX, --=Aalexanderrr=-- & aLeX
Aalexanderrr's Readme v3.1.0 - --=Aalexanderrr=--
GreatEmerald v1.0 - GreatEmerald
Swanky v1.0 - Swanky

Vol. 2

N/A

Vol. 3

N/A
Attachments
RoninFXUGv204_DEU.zip
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
RoninFXUGv204A_ENG.zip
(227.45 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Last edited by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX on Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Re: The RoninReadMe Project

I have added two more readmes: GreatEmerald and Buster. :)

Thanks to those guys from BuF and OldUnreal for donating their readmes to the project. :mrgreen: Without you guys and gals, this project would cease to exist. :D

Thank you! :)

RoninMastaFX.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

oh you've got a thread here too..
well as said before (@ BU Forums) it`s a really good idea, especially for lazy guys like me :ironic2:
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

this is a reminder to anyone who wants to donate their readme (for any Unreal/UT game, or for all of the combined, like the RoninFX Readme), or fi you want to create one spceificially for The RoninReadMe Project, then you may do so, providing you read the rules in my first post. :D
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Updated list! Added RoninFX Unreal-GoW v2.0.4 German and English versions! :D

Edit1:

I just wanted to let you guys and gals know that v2.0.4A (English only) of the RoninFX Unreal-GoW Readme Template is up and running, and ready to download. It includes a slightly fixed up v2.0.4 readme template, and a totally revamped PDF which has been tested more thorougly to make sure the typos are not there at all and more information has been added to it as well, such as making the title/header. And, a two-piece FAQ has been introduced as well. :)

Take care. :)