Playermark Mod

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Playermark Mod

Post by >@tack!< »

[youtube]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Made this this evening, + this is my first vid ever made, ( that particle shit doesnt count :P )
Last edited by >@tack!< on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Playermark Mod

Post by Feralidragon »

That's not accurate.

The replication block just says if a variable should be replicated or not, simple as that. By placing a variable in there, it just means that once the variable gets changed server-side, the new value will be replicated to the client. Most of the times you don't even need to replicate variables to the client, as the client just needs the final result processed by the server.

That block can also be used for functions, and not only variables, in case you want to replicate a client-side function to the server (to acquire your input or other player-only properties the server only receives).

Regarding that mod, looking good and it seems a good idea, so what exactly does NOT work online?
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

well i just blame replication by default XD but its kinda weird, first the bots didnt had the mark visible but they did have it cuz i made some debug msg to see if it spawns for a player, My mark tough was perfectly at the same location and rotation all the time and disappearing when needed too only the FX when landing wouldnt always work, then i made some random replication block with the following result: bots still the same, me: the fx did spawn everytime when needed but doubled -_-, next what i did i changed some more stuff i really dont know what needs to be changed, then suddenly my own mark disappears too and the FX go back to not spawning everytime but still single. i tried to set the settings back but now i still cant see t lol :( offline works normal
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Look at wormbo's team beacon code. It has to be very close to what you are doing.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

yeah i wanted to do that already but then forgot to lol ill check dat after im finished with cleaning my room now :p

is the fact that i use a mesh and the beacon is a sprite of some importance?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

>@tack!< wrote:yeah i wanted to do that already but then forgot to lol ill check dat after im finished with cleaning my room now :p

is the fact that i use a mesh and the beacon is a sprite of some importance?
There are some differences in replication (like the property "Rotation" is not replicated when using a sprite, it's only replicated using only a mesh), but nothing that you should worry about in this specific case.