(Assistance Needed) Enabling the 'Raptor' model for bot use.

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
public_enema

(Assistance Needed) Enabling the 'Raptor' model for bot use.

Post by public_enema »

Greetings fellow UT99'ers.

I am glad to have found this community that still caters to one of the best FPS titles, period! Having said that, I would like to add that owing to poor internet connectivity, I usually played UT solo (and enjoyed it too, as evidenced by the fact that i still play it...a lot :mrgreen: )

So I'm having some issues with the raptor model ported over from UC2. The author has not enabled it for use by bots (i.e: the model did not show up in the character selection area) until I added the following lines to the *.int file.

Doing so enabled the model to be selected in the drop down but now it has no voicepack/face/skin options listed.

Is there a way to enable it to use the Xan voicepack or for that matter any voicepack? I can live without the faces/skin options but a voicepack option would be good to have.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Regards.

EDIT: I also run the xbots mutator. Would that have any effect on the model availability for bots?
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Re: (Assistance Needed) Enabling the 'Raptor' model for bot

Post by zacman »

IIRC, you have to create a new bot class in the editor, rather than telling the game to treat the PlayerPawn as a bot
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
public_enema

Post by public_enema »

Well, sorry to be a bother, but would there be a tutorial that tells me how that is done? (I'm rather late in modding this game aren't I :p?)
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

Not that I've seen... I figured it out by messing about in the editor and breaking things a few times until it worked :P I remember it being easy when I did this (I made a custom player/bot I never released, spawned with 1337 health and an instagib XD) IDK, maybe someone else can explain it better... Try looking at the existing Bot and Player classes in UnrealEd.

And it's never too late to Mod for UT99!!!!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]