VRN SuperShockRifle

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

VRN SuperShockRifle

Post by >@tack!< »

[youtube]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed
src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/youtube]

works online yay,
with help of the ones who helped me with making a userconfig and decal thing here on the site :D
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Re: VRN SuperShockRifle

Post by rohitggarg »

Looks good! I liked the decal.. :gj:
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:ok zeroping ?
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

OMFG I can shoot rainbows ! :mrgreen:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

No, that would be:
Rainbow Shock Rifle :lol2:

Looks good and well-done Tack. Download?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

No idea about zeroping. And download will come after final online tests and when put on vrn server without problems.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

looks very good
I am working on something simulair. in my project ,black and white beams ( and several others) are also avaible. but for black beams you have to use a texture of black smoke and set the beam 'style' to modulated.
you might want to give it a try, black beams look really coool
If you can choose any texture you want, how do you prevent other players from using non fitting textures? like the texture of the wall
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

yeh thats not preventable i already posted on my clans site that if someone does that and it bothers others, just ban em xd. also i didnt make the size a variable so ppl wont make it size 10000 and crash the server or sth :p
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

you could also make a list with textures that are allowed. that way players can see which one they can use. or perhaps make a screen where you can select it
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

nah i think its OK like this :p tough now i want to see how it looks with other textures :p
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

ok i have the following problems, some shit with config i guess ill have to check my code again, cuz sometimes when someone else logs in or reconnects he gets the custom texture of the other one in the server

another problem is this: some textures give the following error ONLY online: now these are also some standard textures from botpack etc.

and another thing, it seems that that the shockrifles, also the standard supershockrifle are not shoot as accurate as offline or on normal servers, i tested this with other ppl by opening the ports and then run a dedicated server dunno if that makes any difference but on public servers you shoot more accurate with the shockrifle. thats a thing i will test by simply uploading it to the VRN server.
Bloeb
Experienced

Post by Bloeb »

Hey Richard, I think it's unfortunate you've created this mod. The original instagib-mod works differently. It's basicly an arena-mutator which replaces every weapon with a SuperShockRifle. However, your mutator is not doing that. It simply gives a new VRNSuperShockRifle to the player when he spawns. This breaks compatiblity with the NWBT-mod (and probably some other mods) and NWBT-maps. I suggest to change it.
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

nono it does replace everything, the shockrifle is a subclass and it also uses the following code:

Code: Select all

//=============================================================================
// VRN_BTNotify.
//=============================================================================
class VRN_BTNotify expands SpawnNotify;

simulated event Spawned()
{
	local InstaGibDM IG;

foreach AllActors(class'InstaGibDM',IG)
	{
		IG.DefaultWeapon = class'VRN_BTSSR.VRN_SuperShockRifle';
	}
}

btw that not accurate shooting somehow magically disappeared now lol
Bloeb
Experienced

Post by Bloeb »

:shock: That's very odd. When I open the map BT-TechDiff-v3 on the VRN-server it clearly spawns the VRNSuperShockRifle. However, it shouldn't do that. The NWBT-mutator unloads all arena-mutators (this includes InstaGibDM), ZeroPing-mutators and BTinsta by default (in next versions this will be configurable from the server). I can code some more workarounds for the next versions of NWBT, but at the same time I like suggest to turn your mod into an arena-mutator or a mutator which replaces standard supershockrifles by vrnsupershockrifles (changing the defaultweapon is not the same thing).

( Lol, it took me a fair bit of time to workaround mods that the UT/BT-community has produced. :cry: )
>@tack!<
Adept

Post by >@tack!< »

hm weird since it only changes the default weapon of instagibdm and instagibdm is removed by your mod. ill see what i can do