UnrealSpawn

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Re: UnrealSpawn

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

This does look very good , it seems to be a good mod.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

thnx
I like the idea
I will probally introduce classes like this.

trooper:
0: stinger projectile
1: stinger
2: armor

officer:
0: enforcer/automag
1: lesserbrute
2: krall
3: skaarjwarrior

creature summoner:
0: arrow
1: fly
2: manta
3: giant manta
4: tentacle

engineer:
0: cannonshot/krallbolt/skaarjprojectile
1: minigun turret
2: ceiling turret
3: dispersion pistol

summoner:
0: some sort of projectile
1: some sort of creature
2: extra money

just an example, but you get the point.
also I want to leave the rest of the slots open so player can buy new stuff If they wish.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

this sounds now like a mod I want to use in CTF or Assault :tu:
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

lol,awesome mod. would be cool te play the unreal campaign with this lol. i have played it on godlike difficulty soo much its just easy shit for me now. perhaps this makes it more fun. and there's definitly interrest in this mod.

oh and:
papercoffee wrote:this sounds now like a mod I want to use in CTF or Assault :tu:
gratz on your 1000st post.

edit: if you releasing a version with less menu's then please release 2 versions of this mod. 1 with all the menu's and 1 with lesser menu's. (you people have to think faster lol,and how the hell did u spend 20 minutes at 2k4 rpg.) Stinger with redeemer missiles anyone?
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

robin13 wrote: how the hell did u spend 20 minutes at 2k4 rpg
If you pay attention to the stat spending at the very first, especially with Druid's or the like, it's easy to spend an entire map doing nothing but assigning your points. The way you set up has a huge impact on your level advancements for the first third of your character's development. Most people just jam points into offensive stuff with no regard to defense then find out they just don't make levels as well as a balanced stat set because they get killed out of waves too quickly.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

robin13 wrote:lol,awesome mod. would be cool te play the unreal campaign with this lol. i have played it on godlike difficulty soo much its just easy shit for me now. perhaps this makes it more fun. and there's definitly interrest in this mod.

oh and:
papercoffee wrote:this sounds now like a mod I want to use in CTF or Assault :tu:
gratz on your 1000st post.

edit: if you releasing a version with less menu's then please release 2 versions of this mod. 1 with all the menu's and 1 with lesser menu's. (you people have to think faster lol,and how the hell did u spend 20 minutes at 2k4 rpg.) Stinger with redeemer missiles anyone?
thnx :)
the complexity of the menus will depend on the mapper/admin, both will be possible
I will make it configurable, either the menu system I have now, or just selection of classes and nothing more
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

I am adjusting the weapons so they can fire customized projectiles.
besides altering the firespeed, accuracy, amount of projectiles etc... , you can now alter the projectiles they shoot too. already converted the stinger , ripper and pulsegun
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

even though I dont say much about this mod.
I still work at it.
Í have added statpoints like
- max health
- health regeneration speed
- health regen amount
- max energy (ammo for spawning stuff)
- energy regeneration speed
- energy regeneration amount
- damagescale
- life steal (like vampire)
- return damage (returns a portion of the damage you take as damage)
- air,ground,water speed
- mass
- jump height
etc...

these statpoints can be increased by buying and upgrading items.
I changed the way items work, Instead of spawning them, you receive them when you buy the item.
so when you buy a weapon, you will receive the weapon as soon as you bought it. should you change its statpoints like the changing projectile it fires or the firespeed, your weapon gets updated. when you die you respawn with the weapon.

Ive also adjusted the hud. It shows
- the damage you take
- the damage you do
- the money you earned
- the health you regained

anyway there has been a lot more changes but they are to much to explain. I will post some more later
D3$TR0Y3R
Average
Personal rank: xXProNoscoperHD420Xx

Post by D3$TR0Y3R »

this looks like a great mod. Can I be a beta tester too?
Image ImageImage
There are three types of people: Firestarters, firefighters, and fuel.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Ill wait 4 it, nice! :tu:
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

D3$TR0Y3R wrote:this looks like a great mod. Can I be a beta tester too?
sure!. I will let you know when the time comes.
ASLYE702 wrote:Ill wait 4 it, nice! :tu:
thnx
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Whats up whit this mutator Rakiayn?
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

this is what I have been working on in the summer:

- added 'buffs'. which are boosts of statpoint over a certain amount of time. ofcourse they are customizable. (heal boost, attack boost , armor boost , speed boost. etc....)

- worked on optimizing the monster code
- added some different statpoint to monsters (armor, vampire etc..)
- general bug fixing and coding optimizing.

I have to tell you though, this mod will not be released any time soon, if it will get released at all.

this mod started when I made a custom ripper with custom projetiles, the projectiles spawned skaarjwarriors on impact. that is when I got the idea for this mod and started to learn coding.
Ever since I started to develop this mod I have been constantly adding new features to it.
and now this mod is gigantic. it really spun out of control. I wouldnt be suprised If it has more lines of code then the entire UT.

I really enjoyed working on this mod, and when I started this I knew there was a chance I wouldnt be able to finish it and there is also a big chance not more then a handfull of people will play it before it dies.
I accepted these risks and I am still pretty sure this mod will not get populair, but thats not really the issue here.
since september i am university student and I have very little time on my hands, and besides that I found my passion in playing keyboard. so the problem here is time.
many times in the time I have been working on it, I thought about quiting this mod, yet I never could get myself to do it. even now when I only work on this mod for a few hours every 2 weeks. yes progress is that slow.

I wont say I will quit this mod, because I know I will continue to work on it from time to time. but dont except anything to be released soon or at all.
I am sorry for that.

as for my planned progress.

- I will add only a few weapons,(stinger, flak, enforcer , sniper) the other weapons were full of bugs I could not fix
- I will change the game system so that different slots can be linked to gether.
this will be a lot of work I expect.

example:
slot 0: a custom projectile you can fire
slot 1: a monster you can spawn

by linking the impacteffect of the custom projectile to slot 1, the projectile will spawn the monster on impact.

example2:
slot 0: a custom projectile you can fire
slot 1: a monster you can spawn

link the default projectile of the monster to slot 0, so that the monster will fire your custom projectiles.

the ability of linking different slots together will result in endless strategic options.
you could create a brute that fires your customized flamebolt, but fires an other monster in 10% of the cases to assist him.
you could give the brute an armor that heals him when he gets hit ( has cooldown ofcourse).
or you could give him an armor that spawns a bomb when the brute gets destroyed so he will take his enemys down with him.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

I have been working on this mod for the last couple of weeks,
mainly I have been optimizing the code and removing the accesed none errors.
when I wanted to test the mod on LAN though I found that the replication is totally messed up.
because I lost my ut99 disc i have been using the steam version for some months, but you can not host a dedicated server with the steam version.
so I have been continuing coding without testing it for online play. even though I tried not to affect replication , I still managed to mess it up somehow.
this is a big dissapointment for me.
even when I started this mod and never coded for replication, hen I tested it on lan it was less messed up then now.
the weapons and the projectiles are invisible and the monsters are transparant and dont even move. the window cant be opened, basicly nothing works
last time I tested it ,replication worked fine.
I hope that it is just one disruption in the chain. and by fixing it replication will work again.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

I decided to drop this mod.
thought a lot about it and it was a hard decision to make.
But it is to far away from finished and it will not be played anyway so there is no point in finishing it.
I wont be making any other mods or maps. I had fun working on it but it is time to move on.