MonsterHunt2 Gold

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Rakiayn
Masterful

Re: MonsterHunt2 Gold

Post by Rakiayn »

I saw you want to make weapons configurable?
For my mod unrealspawn I made all weapons configurable.

what I made configurable:
-(alt)projectile types
-(alt)firespeed
-(alt)fireaccuracy
-damage ( for instant hit weapons)
-impact effect (for instant hit weapons)
- (max) amount of shots fired at once (enforcer,minigun,flakcannon,eightball)
-max charge ( biorifle)
-beamdamage (pulsegun)
-some other stuff

the codes require tweeking and I guess stuff need to be removed because it is uselless in mh. plus It might need some replication tweeking
check out the video in my post of my mod under the mod section.

let me know if you want to use it and I will send it to you

@paper
nice logo :gj:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

@ Rakiayn: I'd like to see that code. I was thinking of doing an overall scaling of damage but it's creating unforseen problems.The ability to adjust per-weapon might be useful.

@PaperCoffee: The HUD tile looks very nice. I thought the white might be a little bright but it's not. I hope to have a playable version done by tonight and I'll post up some screenshots.

Edit:
I am finished with the first round of changes. The demo server is running the new update.

If you are interested in getting the download link to test let me know. You are welcome to test-server it online, just PLEASE send me error logs. This first part is more inclusion of stuff/clean-up than bug squashing, though I did hit some of the problem areas.
Shot0016.jpg
Shot0017.jpg
Your logo looks very good and adds a nice theme to things. I think I'll grey the HUD tile like the scoreboard because the white is kind of harsh but otherwise it looks cool as hell ingame. :thuup:

From ReadMe:

Code: Select all

New stuff:

MaxDamage=3000  <-this is the max amount any ONE shot can do to a monster (think redeemer)
LimitMonsterHealth=True  <-Sets a global max health limit on monsters (see below)
maxMonsterHealth=10000   <-What that max will be
AdjustFactories=False  <-Buggy but works, see below
bCapacity=500            <-Max monsters each factory can make
ChangeCovertToFalse=True  <-Detailed below

[MonsterHunt2beta1.HGPBolt]
HGHealingAmount=20     <-Healing per second from the HealGun

[MonsterHunt2beta1.MH2Rifle]
RifleDamage=500      <-Damage per shot from the MH2 Rifle (Default is 45)

[MonsterHunt2beta1.ShutUp]
MaxMsg=20   <-Max voice taunts per person per game
bReinforce=True  <-True reinforces the ban if the player leaves and returns same match
bPlayerMsg=True  <-Tell the player he is silenced?
MsgToPlayer="You have reached the maximum amount of taunts allowed for this match."
bBroadcast=True  <-Tell everyone that player is silenced
MsgToBroadcast="The voice message capabilities of %Player% have been revoked."
bTeamGames=True   <-Use on team games? (leave this True!)
bDisableTaunts=False  <-Just stops ALL taunts completely all the time

Notes:
On limit monster health this depends some on drawscale. I tried to compensate for that but part of the code is native so you won't have an *exact* 10000 (or whatever) limit. It will be more like 11300 but it is in the neighborhood of what you want. Mess with it some. The good news is it does in fact work well, no more monsters with 2 million health.

Adjust factories: This I'm still trying out. What it does is limit factories to "X" number of monsters. This works fine *BUT* if a trigger is called by completion of the factory, it fails and you are stuck. It's on my to-do list to see if I can work that out.

ChangeCovertToFalse: If you elect to use AdjustFactories you have the option to set this. What it does is force factories to spawn monsters even if they are set to spawn when you aren't looking. Here's an example: You know in MH-Winter when you go down the commode and you are at the waterfall's edge? The slith below will not spawn if you are looking at them. It mucks up the whole map. With this setting you will force the monsters to spawn even if they are set not to (and this should always be this way). 

OK guys, mod is all yours.You need only two lines to use this on-server:

ServerActors=MonsterHunt2beta1.LinkActor
ServerPackages=MonsterHunt2beta1

Relics and all mods are included. Use the mapvote lines to activate everything.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me server errors!!!
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Here you go....
MH2-ICON-grey.png
EDIT-------------------------------
Here an idea for your LB. The gradient part is for the names. I don't know is it usual to take very long names?
If that's the fact I delet the gradient frame.
MH2-LB-white.png
MH2-LB-grey.png
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

When I get home tonight I will compile this into the scoreboard and see how it looks. I've found it's really hard to gauge how well something will look until it's actually on the screen. Thank you so very much for the update, it will improve things nicely.

I spent the whole Sunday coding and working on it, I'm very happy with the progress. This visual part is just super-important and needs to be the best it can be.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

And ...is there something you can show us? :mrgreen:
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry PC, been super busy with this. It's taking all my free time this last week. I'll try to update properly this evening.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

OK, beta2 is on-server (206.51.238.106:2222) and running. This has all the major changes included and all the rough edges sanded down. I'm pretty happy with how things turned out all-in-all. It will probably run for a couple of weeks so I can gather any error lines it generates and deal with them before final release. If you want to play with this thing at home or even if you might consider running a server with the test version, contact me and I'll set you up. It needs a pretty massive readme and I'm dreading writing that thing. Ugh I hate making those.

Oh if you run MH servers, check this out:
http://www.gopostals.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=298
Shot0022.jpg
Yes, that's from on-server. Yes, I figured it out. No, it's not Val Avatar.

If you want it, ping me. If I like you I'll give it to you to use on your server :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I can't see the screens you posted in your forum.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry PC. I swear to God it takes a mensa member to understand the permissions system for PHPBB. There should be a "I are dumb, derrr..." version where it doesn't take three pages of settings to change one thing. SMF, and even VBulletin is just so much better for ease of use. I wish I had kept my license :loool:

Anyway the post is fixed. This is something you might be kinda "eh" about but it's a big deal for MH players. Every third request is someone wanting the force-to-red-team assignment that MH does fixed so you can play on-server with other default skins. I'm going to finish this up while the beta2 version simmers in the pot.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

ah coool ...now I see ...what about to change to an monster player like the warcow or the Skaarj hybrid ....or some custom skins?
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Yes, you can. So far I've just done Commando model but by the weekend I'll have added Soldier and the female versions. I'll get all the default models eventually.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Update:
The Gold release version is running on the demo server. I'll have a full download posted by tomorrow. Here is the readme: README

Thank you PaperCoffee for your logo and thank you guys for input and testing. I'm very happy with the final product and I feel like I can put MH to rest now, I'm satisfied.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry to post after myself, I just wanted to put up a download link. Full mod can now be gotten from HERE. It's a little hefty, coming in at 47MB but this has MH2Gold, all source codes, redirect files, and also the optional skin packs to allow cross-color play. The actual mod itself is around 10MB, the rest is extra.

Thank you guys again for your help. As always the source code is up for your usage, you are free to mod, change, alter or mock anything I did. There are a lot of goodies built into the code and it's all very modular so popping something out you like and using it in your work probably isn't too hard. See me if you need help.

Now, it's time to go outside...
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote: Now, it's time to go outside...
But be careful don't look straight into the sun ...it burns.
Some one should calibrate the gamma!

btw. This weekend I'll try to join your server ...I hope I get time for this.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Greetings.

I was looking at the source today for MH2Gold, and noticed something odd in the MH2Base.uc class.

In the ScoreKill function, at line 660 there are these 2 lines:

Code: Select all

if(Killer.IsA('ScreptedPawn'))return;
   if(Killer.IsA('ScreptedPawn') && Other.IsA('ScreptedPawn'))return;
Whats up with that ?

The download I got is the 2011_05_20MH2GoldPackage.zip Is that the latest current version of this ?
blarg