HL 1 Weapons???

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

HL 1 Weapons???

Post by KeeperUTX »

If UT2004 has HL 2 weps, can someone remake Half life 1 weapons for UT99?
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: HL 1 Weapons???

Post by Feralidragon »

It's not that easy. That's a long process and it takes time.

Basically, although the models, textures and sounds could be imported (perhaps), the effects and overall coding would have to be made from scratch.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Feralidragon wrote:It's not that easy. That's a long process and it takes time.

Basically, although the models, textures and sounds could be imported (perhaps), the effects and overall coding would have to be made from scratch.
Like *you* know anything about making weapons.....
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

JackGriffin wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:It's not that easy. That's a long process and it takes time.

Like *you* know anything about making weapons.....
If we would have something like a "Like" button, I would have clicked on your post right now. :mrgreen:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

HL1 weapons are mostly "real" weapons with the right mutator/mod and the stuff-swapper you can use any weapon of this modifications.
You can make your own HL1 weapon-roster with it.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Actually that stuff swapper thing isn't a good idea for me.
And I'd like to see an ACTUAL egon beam, not a re-coloured pulse beam.
Also I've already tried getting multiple mods together to make it HL1-like but it doesn't figure for me... :S

EDIT: To me Feralidragon seems to know a HECKUVVA LOTTA stuff about making weapon models. ;)
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Na... he can only make nukes and some dull pew-pews ...nothing special.

And now I go to wash my mouth with soap for this lie!!!
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

papercoffee wrote: some dull pew-pews
I just laughed so hard I spit coffee into the floor next to my desk! What a way to start the day, thanks!!! :rock:
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

JackGriffin wrote:
papercoffee wrote: some dull pew-pews
I just laughed so hard I spit coffee into the floor next to my desk! What a way to start the day, thanks!!! :rock:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

You nailed the lack of hair but were probably a bit generous with the amount of teeth. I am after all a Hillbilly (the restaurant on the page is from where I grew up). Can I put that on my forum? I friggin LOVE that!

It just struck me as incredibly funny, this massive effort to remake weaponry like nothing has been done, all flashy lights and awesome visuals...Imagine the game: Uber-cool pickups floating there, ready to dole out death in fantastic ways, then XAN whips out one of the new sparkly and deadly-looking weapons, charges that puppy up (with a deafening humm, you just KNOW all hell is about to break loose) *THEN*....

pew pew....
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Errrr...

Did i ask for stand-up comedy?? :loool:

How about at least a package of weapon models and sounds from HL1? That shouldn't be too hard...

EDIT: I can't remake models because I'm AWFUL at modelling.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

It's funny because you "just" asked for a major project since it's a ground-up thing. And yes a package of weapon models built from scratch is really very hard. That's why we are having a bit of fun with it, didn't mean to offend.
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

KeeperUTX wrote:Errrr...

Did i ask for stand-up comedy?? :loool:

How about at least a package of weapon models and sounds from HL1? That shouldn't be too hard...

EDIT: I can't remake models because I'm AWFUL at modelling.
What you're asking is pretty extreme.

First of all, very few people have the full skillset to do all this. Ferali, and one or 2 others are all I know who are "Jacks of all trades" so to speak. Most UT mappers/modders tend to be better at one thing overall, and a large project like this for a single person would be a huge undertaking anyway. Look at Foodfight, Nali Weapons 2, and the like. Both have been in production still for a long time, in the case of FF, even with a whole team of modders behind it. What you are effectively saying is "Can someone please drop any projects they currently have and begin what could effectively be a 2 year+ undertaking. really, what you've asked is *just* the "Hardest" part of the process. The UT community has a LOT more Coders than it has Modelers or sound technicians, and even then there's not many. This project also isn't really in huge demand, so it's not for the community as a whole, nor is it something hugely creative, so it's not for the modder. I map/codebadly for myself mostly, I make maps and mods I want to see that feel original to me-I don't want to just straight port something, especially something that, as far as I know, only 1 person might use. If I'm working for someone else, I'd only do it if a large ammount of people wanted it, or if I was working WITH someone who I knew was fairly proven. (actually one of the main reasons I found the time to come back was due to a request from someone I had worked with previously) But that's just my opinion. I don't mean to sound hostile, quite the opposite. This isn't one of the newer games like MC where there's so many modders they take requests. It's an old game, and the modders still here are often spread out across their own projects. You'd be better off learning at least some skill yourself if it's something you really want to see, if nothing else, if you have your own skill someone's more likely to help you.

All that said, I code and model horribly, can't animate at all and my skinning is mediocre bordering on terrible asside from geometry-related textures, so I'm not really the one who would be able to help you anyway :lol:
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

A Project like this sounds simple in your head but when you think about what needs to be done is huge and if someone did make it you will have to wait a long time for it to be completed and for it to look good. take nali weapons for example they look great cuz time and hard work for them to be as good as they are.
KeeperUTX
Skilled

Post by KeeperUTX »

Okay,okay!

I got the message.

Sorry for being annoying...