XBrowser

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: XBrowser

Post by Chamberly »

I got another idea. Instead of putting Favorite tab to the far right, I'd like to move them closer to between LAN and News then? :D

Also... Someone wanted the Chat option removed from XBrowser, would you be able to add a True(to show), False(to make it disappear) in the Xbrowser.ini?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Gott: If my concerns are correct, the reason some servers don't answer custom queries like \info\numplayers\ type stuff is because they run your old XServerQuery. I seriously question why you couldn't keep the protocol as it was. That's putting the separators (\) before and after parameters. From looking at your code you have re-written the responses in both XServerQuery & XBrowser to ignore _any_ parameters entered if "XServerQuery" is somewhere in the string.

So to re-cap:

- From my first post, you skip the closing separator, not a huge deal but it does have implications

- The XServerQuery servers still take \info\ and \status\ queries (initial load-up query and detailed query when server is clicked on), but will _not_ take any extra parameters only those two on their own

- The XServerQuery servers, and XBrowser, If "XServerQuery" is in the string, then \info\, \status\ in the same query or any custom parameters become irrelevant and it looks for it's own custom case sensitive queries which is pointless!

Refer to my last few posts where I address how the protocol should be used. The closing separator, and being able to separate them out and add custom content, see the UTPG extension that is added

Similar to the level_property, game_property, player_property. It shouldn't be hard to fix up, just a quick re-write to bring back the default way but with your added 'custom' properties like 'Country code' and 'Anti cheats' (I think you had another one, 'website' or something)

And for any servers using an old version, they can be queried on query port +1 which will bypass XServerQuery and use the default IpServer.UdpServerQuery class. So a time-out on a custom query with the \numplayers\ or other custom will _still_ show the server in the list if you query it again on +1 port. However you decide to go do it (Double query on two ports?, or second query when one times out or whatever? Whatever works)
Spoiler
(Note though I believe I may have messed up a couple posts back by adding double separators on the reply, that was edited manually and not well thought out. The double separators _are_ required for some cases the parameters. I don't think the reply use double separators at all
Let me know if you need any help, I can provide URLS, code, maybe help you with easier ways to test this stuff
(G)ott
Average
Personal rank: bullet eater

Post by (G)ott »

You should read http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/XServerQuery. I don't break rules with separators!

If you have problems with case sensitive you can implement Caps() in your code :wink:

EDIT:
string
Any number of characters (including zero) enclosed in double quotes.
Initial value: Empty string ""
- Escape characters by prefixing them with a backslash: \" for literal double quotes in a string and \\ for literal backslashes.
- For a newline character use the Chr(13) function call (\n is just a (needlessly) escaped n)
- Some Unreal Tournament classes have support for the n escape on UnrealScript level, for instance UWindowDynamicTextArea (which is, among other things, used to display the weapon description for TournamentWeapon, so you can use n – escaped as n in the Default properties block of a .UC file – to create line breaks in such a description).
source: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Variable_Type

With Chr(n) you don't need prefixing them. :tu:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Will you be implementing those changes? Please because you did break something you should fix it. I'm a hard time with the language barrier here
ChanClan
Novice

Post by ChanClan »

Haven't read the docs yet, it's late so I'm just going to post then download ... Can you customize the News of the Day page to include POSTS, say like from our forum .. or the news page FROM our forum ... or the cover page of Playboy ... err wait i'm off track .. from what I see so far ... nice work.

.seVered.][
Server Moderator, Development Administrator
|uK| -] unrealkillers.com [- |uK|
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Good work (G)ott ,

This has always been one of my favorite mods for UT
second-to-none.

Re: Server Name Filtering , is this not possible?

Much like MapVote for BT where Maps can be found by typing several characters only.

Would be good if we wanted to find a speciffic server in the all-servers list.

Keep up the good work :D

Also just wondering , could XBrowser query servers (without XServer) for mods like NewNet and filter them perhaps into new Tab or something?

Based on info from .int files for example?
Last edited by Wises on Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

^ I agree with Wises. That would be a GREAT idea!
(G)ott
Average
Personal rank: bullet eater

Post by (G)ott »

What you think about the optic? :help:

Wises wrote:Also just wondering , could XBrowser query servers (without XServer) for mods like NewNet and filter them perhaps into new Tab or something?
NewNet is started as server actor, not mutator. Servers doesn't send the actor list. So no :noidea

EDIT: I looked in the code of NN. With MapVote it will started like a mutator, but its not really a mutator (no mutator class, missing language file). So NN will not listed as mutator :?
Last edited by (G)ott on Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Some newnet can be listed as a mutator.

I think I like that picture, the search function is really a great addition! :)
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Awesome 'Optics' bro :D

re: Mutator Filter , perhaps XBrowser could cache from all servers the visible mutators and offer these as filters instead?

Could be a good way to find servers running certain mods and later on when mods like NN are updated be able to find these servers as well?

Developers could then add extra details .int etc to their mods allowing users to be able to find these servers easier through XBrowser.

EDIT:

Re: Country Flags & Filtering by Country.
Spoiler
is there some way of retrieving information from 3rd party websites ie; http://www.ip2nation.com/ or http://software77.net/geo-ip/

and then with the information returned ie; "Country/Nation" assign the correct flag / location to all server's in the Browser List?

This would also bypass the incorrect country prefix's input by admins 'Server-side' and not need to rely on the server to provide this information.

then we could append a new filter to the list , 'Filter by Country' ;)

~ Perhaps IPTOCOUNTRY could be used Clientside to get Server Details / Countries. Same way it functions Server-Side but Clientside perhaps?

Could return Server's ;
- Uptime?.
- OS (icon) windows , linux , mac
- Etc.
Last edited by Wises on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Maybe an idea for full servers.

On right click on a server name:

Join as player

Join as spectator

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

noccer wrote:On right click on a server name:

Join as player

Join as spectator
This! I would like! For any/every server!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:O.K genuine bug report. When I'm on the list of Internet servers and I use the up/down arrows or enter key:

enter:
does nothing, should connect to selected server

up: does nothing, should go one server higher

down: goes down two servers, should go down one
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Most that string stuff isn't applicable in UT99 Wises, not sure the relevence anyhow you might want to clarify that

I'm going to post in response, because (G)ott has poor english and half the posts he never responds to. Also, I know this subject well

Mutator filter, that wouldn't be hard, I could suggest a bunch of stuff like this. Unltimately I'd wait for him to abandon the project and give permission before it was implemented

With that in mind, and at the same time a response to your country flag suggestion.

I tried to do this, there was some major resource problems although was somewhat successful. By that I mean the game couldn't handle the memory of the huge UScripted IP2C database. I would doubt very much anyone would want to host an ip2c database if your suggestion of using an online one was implemented.

Leaves two options:

1. An external database, a simple DLL that holds it all and can be loaded or unloaded at a whim (@MrLoathsome, @Higor)

2. A collaboration with a master server (@333networks). Where not only ips and ports were sent but also the country which would be processed differently than a normal master server list when recieved

Location can be spoofed by the server, and I've seen a few spanish and indian servers doing this. They only do it because they want the language to be known

Hostname? This could tell them if it's in a data center but I'd leave it out. Uptime, I think you can only return the elapsed time of the round. OS, would be useful but can usually find out in-game if its Win or Linux. Doubtful there are any Mac servers and I believe the dedicated doesn't work anyway