XBrowser

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Re: XBrowser

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Great job man!
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Omg!!! What a comeback Gott! :) I just also wanted to say something that I've been finding weird so far wiht Xbrowser (I'm a daily user of 1.2.0) the only thing that is weird is when the server is in tournament mode, it doesn't show up as online until everyone clicked in and the game start. I couldn't join the server because of this (had to type it in manually) but I was wondering if you can fix this? (Or did you with the recent changes?)

Mirrors-
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0clk5 ... 0-UMod.rar Umod
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e58x9 ... ser200.rar Rar
CrystalUnreal: http://www.crystalunreal.com/chamberly/ ... 0-UMod.rar Umod
http://www.crystalunreal.com/chamberly/XBrowser200.rar Rar
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

GEIL!

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
(G)ott
Average
Personal rank: bullet eater

Post by (G)ott »

Chamberly wrote:the only thing that is weird is when the server is in tournament mode, it doesn't show up as online until everyone clicked in and the game start. I couldn't join the server because of this (had to type it in manually) but I was wondering if you can fix this?
I dont know about this one. Since v120 i complete rescripted xbrowser. May its fixed automaticly? :noidea
Needs to be tested..

EDIT: my vanilla lan server says: looks good so far

EDIT EDIT (damned, i'm not allowed to doublepost, lol): the umod version is the first umod i ever created. If someone used it, give me a feedback, if the installation works or not.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I will let ya know in about 5-6 hours from this post.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
Spoiler
Gott, a few servers do not show up on the initial 'internet' query. They will work if added to favorites.
Are you still doing "\info\" for that or does it require some additional info? I'm surprised you would make such a large change as removing the closing "\" on queries. Works both ways anyhow... it's the other part the query mod where it's important you parse well
Spoiler
Edit: nevermind, showed up after a few refreshes.
Odds are it's the server's fault (changing maps, lagging, etc) and not from excessive packets and/or processing. I can't see anything that your mod would need on the initial query except "\info\XServerQuery," unless some filters in place. Country name and flag is still sent from XServerQuery. Is there anything new here? Good job on the gamespy fix
:gj:

Edit: Seems your filters are only gametype and mapname which don't require any additional info

I saw those new columns, score, deaths, health. Nice touch, you can actually get all that from a non XServerQuery server. I'd remove the health one, but there are some columns and info that are not hard to retrieve from regular servers here (if you wanted to)

Sorry, I know your english is bad

Instructions for copying favorites over to XBrowser, and back:

In UT.ini find

Code: Select all

[UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact]
copy everything under the section heading, replacing or creating the section into XBrowser.ini

[XBrowser.XBrowserFavoritesFact]
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

I like it much !
great job, my hat goes off for you sir ! :)
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Works great here. :gj:
(G)ott
Average

Post by (G)ott »

billybill wrote:
Instructions for copying favorites over to XBrowser, and back:

In UT.ini find

[UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact]
copy everything under the section heading, replacing or creating the section into XBrowser.ini

[XBrowser.XBrowserFavoritesFact]
XB adds your favorites automatically on first run after installation/update (forgot to write it in the readme). :tu:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

1) UMOD installer works well, and updated my existing version correctly.
2) I added more filters (you missed "Domination"), but quickly hit the limit :(

FilterList[0]=UT Servers,bCompatibleServersOnly=True,bHideTOServers=True
FilterList[1]=Deathmatch,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[2]=Team Deathmatch,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[3]=Capture the Flag,GameType=CTFGame,MapName=CTF-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[4]=Domination,MapName=DOM-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[5]=Assault,MapName=AS-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[6]=Last Man Standing,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[7]=Jail Break,GameType=Jail,MapName=JB-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[8]=Monster Hunt,MapName=MH-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[9]=BunnyTrack,GameType=BunnyTrackGame,MapName=BT-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[10]=BunnyTrack CTF,GameType=BTctf,MapName=CTF-BT-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[11]=Rocket Arena,GameType=RocketArenaGame,MapName=RA-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[12]=Survival,GameType=SurvivalGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[13]=Siege,GameType=SiegeGI,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[14]=Residual,GameType=:residual:
FilterList[15]=Thievery,GameType=Thievery,MapName=TH-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True,bHideTOServers=True
3) I have possibly found a bug.
A server went offline while it was selected. It changed to red as normal, but then showed in every game type.
Can others test to see if they can reproduce this ?

*EDIT*
I compared with the previous config and noticed you could group variations in 1 tab, eg.

[XBrowserCTF]
ServerListTitle=Capture the Flag
ListFactories[0]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=XBrowser.XBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=XBrowserAll,GameType=CTF4Game,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
That helped to cut down the tabs, but now they will be separated.
The only way I see to get all the CTF games in 1 tab is to use the filter like a big hammer.

FilterList[4]=Capture the Flag,GameType=CTF,MapName=CTF*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
Worth doing, so you can see some you did not know about.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

If you are in the "All Servers" tab, marked a server and use the arrow keys (up/down) it will not scroll through the serverlist but "good luck choose" some server.
The way you sort (name, ping, players etc..) seems to not change that behaviour.

I miss the tabs :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: ,
they make the gametype easier/quicker to access, but it seems they had to go for all those great new options you provide now, all the filters, and finally .... the BLACKLIST!! Its nice to clean the serverlist from all those fakeshidders; httpzoom, SLV, new noobs, dawn, sx, viral... Yeah it makes the serverlist a bit more empty, but GOOD!

Also fine, the non-epic masterservers :D

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
(G)ott
Average

Post by (G)ott »

Dr.Flay wrote:2) I added more filters (you missed "Domination"), but quickly hit the limit :(
I have added only game type in standard filters, where more than 5 servers using it.
The rest should be listed in the last filter with the keyword :residual:

Dr.Flay wrote:

FilterList[9]=BunnyTrack,GameType=BunnyTrackGame,MapName=BT-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
FilterList[10]=BunnyTrack CTF,GameType=BTctf,MapName=CTF-BT-*,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
BunnyTrackGame is more or less a kayword too. In the next version i will rename it to :bunnytrack:

BunnyTrack,GameType=BunnyTrackGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
This should already list anything, what is relevant to bunnytrack.

How i said a few years ago: Gametypes and Map-Prefixes are too mixed up. It's a war between Gametypes and game specific Mods.
Thats something i dislike and not really like to support it.

Dr.Flay wrote: 3) I have possibly found a bug.
A server went offline while it was selected. It changed to red as normal, but then showed in every game type.
Can others test to see if they can reproduce this ?
I know what you mean. This happens on the history and favorites tab only, because they are marked as bShowFailedServers=True.
The problem is, servers, who marked as offline cant be filtered, because there exists no informations about it.
I was unsure whether I should remove on these tabs the filter bar. :noidea

Dr.Flay wrote: I compared with the previous config and noticed you could group variations in 1 tab
It was on todo, however because of the lack of space in the settings window, at first i just added the simplest way.
In the next version is planned to change it to a scrolling window and adding more adjustable options.

noccer wrote:If you are in the "All Servers" tab, marked a server and use the arrow keys (up/down) it will not scroll through the serverlist but "good luck choose" some server.
The way you sort (name, ping, players etc..) seems to not change that behaviour.
Thank for report. Entered in my bug list :tu:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I've had it running a few days now, so I can give some real feedback

You can get the missing variables for "Deaths", "Health", "Spree" and "Time" from any server, you don't need to send this as special XServerQuery query responses in the first place. I'd suggest starting with "UT PHP Server Query, by Almar Joling" as it covers all of this

I'd suggest disabling the "Health" variable anyway as it is rife for abuse

What happens to a "Black listed" server, you don't cover this anywhere. I see it's in exactly the same place as the old "Add server to favorites" button. Let's hope that BL servers still show in the main list after a refresh

I'd be careful about adding random master servers to your config. As others have stated in the past, one should be careful who they are sending requests to. It could be a server IP that's been apprehended in the past. As far as we know some of those masters obtain the majority of their list from port scanning, and as a community most wouldn't 'endorse' the methods used. you could keep them as a back-up,
Spoiler
but most people are not uplinking to them to begin with. We're sort of kept in the dark by changing stories on how our servers get in their master list if we haven't uplinked to them. Once stolen server address has been obtained by scanning, they then scan the obtained server ip itself and continue to robot query it so their script can decide whether the ip is to 'stay' in their database. This goes on every few minutes for a couple weeks whilst the server queries are disguised to look like a legitimate player query
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

billybill wrote:I
I'd suggest disabling the "Health" variable anyway as it is rife for abuse

What happens to a "Black listed" server, you don't cover this anywhere. I see it's in exactly the same place as the old "Add server to favorites" button. Let's hope that BL servers still show in the main list after a refresh
Hmm, abuse by knowing someones health? lol

Blacklisted servers are hidden (because they are blacklisted), to show them again, you can UNcheck the box "hide blacklisted servers" in the Xbrowser configuration menu, and you can see the blacklisted servers again. Unless you want to remove a server from the blacklist, it would not really make sense :agree1:

UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Haha, well I might find myself telling people how to remove New Noobies from their blacklist when they realize for the 20th time that it does not show fake players. Looks like you already know that though.

@Gott you could do what I did with ZBrowser where bots are no longer counted as players in the number of players. A couple servers need a follow-up query on their query port +1, I have no idea who or what broke their normal query (only responds to individual queries \info\ \status\, but not something custom like \info\numplayers\). Here's a link http://forum.unrealtournament.info/view ... f=35&t=165