- Posts: 1919
- Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
- Personal rank: Dame. Vandora
- Location: TN, USA
Also... Someone wanted the Chat option removed from XBrowser, would you be able to add a True(to show), False(to make it disappear) in the Xbrowser.ini?
billybill wrote:Gott: If my concerns are correct, the reason some servers don't answer custom queries like \info\numplayers\ type stuff is because they run your old XServerQuery. I seriously question why you couldn't keep the protocol as it was. That's putting the separators (\) before and after parameters. From looking at your code you have re-written the responses in both XServerQuery & XBrowser to ignore _any_ parameters entered if "XServerQuery" is somewhere in the string.
So to re-cap:
- From my first post, you skip the closing separator, not a huge deal but it does have implications
- The XServerQuery servers still take \info\ and \status\ queries (initial load-up query and detailed query when server is clicked on), but will _not_ take any extra parameters only those two on their own
- The XServerQuery servers, and XBrowser, If "XServerQuery" is in the string, then \info\, \status\ in the same query or any custom parameters become irrelevant and it looks for it's own custom case sensitive queries which is pointless!
Refer to my last few posts where I address how the protocol should be used. The closing separator, and being able to separate them out and add custom content, see the UTPG extension that is added
Similar to the level_property, game_property, player_property. It shouldn't be hard to fix up, just a quick re-write to bring back the default way but with your added 'custom' properties like 'Country code' and 'Anti cheats' (I think you had another one, 'website' or something)
And for any servers using an old version, they can be queried on query port +1 which will bypass XServerQuery and use the default IpServer.UdpServerQuery class. So a time-out on a custom query with the \numplayers\ or other custom will _still_ show the server in the list if you query it again on +1 port. However you decide to go do it (Double query on two ports?, or second query when one times out or whatever? Whatever works)
Let me know if you need any help, I can provide URLS, code, maybe help you with easier ways to test this stuffSpoilerShow(Note though I believe I may have messed up a couple posts back by adding double separators on the reply, that was edited manually and not well thought out. The double separators _are_ required for some cases the parameters. I don't think the reply use double separators at all
If you have problems with case sensitive you can implement Caps() in your code
Any number of characters (including zero) enclosed in double quotes.
Initial value: Empty string ""
- Escape characters by prefixing them with a backslash: \" for literal double quotes in a string and \\ for literal backslashes.
- For a newline character use the Chr(13) function call (\n is just a (needlessly) escaped n)
- Some Unreal Tournament classes have support for the n escape on UnrealScript level, for instance UWindowDynamicTextArea (which is, among other things, used to display the weapon description for TournamentWeapon, so you can use n – escaped as n in the Default properties block of a .UC file – to create line breaks in such a description).
With Chr(n) you don't need prefixing them.
Server Moderator, Development Administrator
|uK| -] unrealkillers.com [- |uK|
This has always been one of my favorite mods for UT
Re: Server Name Filtering , is this not possible?
Much like MapVote for BT where Maps can be found by typing several characters only.
Would be good if we wanted to find a speciffic server in the all-servers list.
Keep up the good work
Also just wondering , could XBrowser query servers (without XServer) for mods like NewNet and filter them perhaps into new Tab or something?
Based on info from .int files for example?
NewNet is started as server actor, not mutator. Servers doesn't send the actor list. So noWises wrote:Also just wondering , could XBrowser query servers (without XServer) for mods like NewNet and filter them perhaps into new Tab or something?
EDIT: I looked in the code of NN. With MapVote it will started like a mutator, but its not really a mutator (no mutator class, missing language file). So NN will not listed as mutator
re: Mutator Filter , perhaps XBrowser could cache from all servers the visible mutators and offer these as filters instead?
Could be a good way to find servers running certain mods and later on when mods like NN are updated be able to find these servers as well?
Developers could then add extra details .int etc to their mods allowing users to be able to find these servers easier through XBrowser.
Re: Country Flags & Filtering by Country.
and then with the information returned ie; "Country/Nation" assign the correct flag / location to all server's in the Browser List?
This would also bypass the incorrect country prefix's input by admins 'Server-side' and not need to rely on the server to provide this information.
then we could append a new filter to the list , 'Filter by Country'
~ Perhaps IPTOCOUNTRY could be used Clientside to get Server Details / Countries. Same way it functions Server-Side but Clientside perhaps?
Could return Server's ;
- OS (icon) windows , linux , mac
On right click on a server name:
Join as player
Join as spectator
Perhaps some useful info re: strings
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Use ... _Functions
https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Strings ... cript.html
billybill wrote:Most that string stuff isn't applicable in UT99 Wises, not sure the relevence anyhow you might want to clarify that
I'm going to post in response, because (G)ott has poor english and half the posts he never responds to. Also, I know this subject well
Mutator filter, that wouldn't be hard, I could suggest a bunch of stuff like this. Unltimately I'd wait for him to abandon the project and give permission before it was implemented
With that in mind, and at the same time a response to your country flag suggestion.
I tried to do this, there was some major resource problems although was somewhat successful. By that I mean the game couldn't handle the memory of the huge UScripted IP2C database. I would doubt very much anyone would want to host an ip2c database if your suggestion of using an online one was implemented.
Leaves two options:
1. An external database, a simple DLL that holds it all and can be loaded or unloaded at a whim (@MrLoathsome, @Higor)
2. A collaboration with a master server (@333networks). Where not only ips and ports were sent but also the country which would be processed differently than a normal master server list when recieved
Location can be spoofed by the server, and I've seen a few spanish and indian servers doing this. They only do it because they want the language to be known
Hostname? This could tell them if it's in a data center but I'd leave it out. Uptime, I think you can only return the elapsed time of the round. OS, would be useful but can usually find out in-game if its Win or Linux. Doubtful there are any Mac servers and I believe the dedicated doesn't work anyway