Betrayal

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Damien
Novice

Betrayal

Post by Damien »

Ok guys, here we go.

UT99 is an immortal game, one thing it doesn't have is a Betrayal gametype like the one in UT3 or in a mod in UT2004.

I'm damn sure I'm going to finish it, a day, but I need some help. Is anyone interested? It shouldn't be so hard to code...

Bye bye
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Betrayal

Post by EvilGrins »

Didn't you already bring this up here? · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3688
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

And this fits better in Modification ...because you want to make a mod/mutator.
Damien
Novice

Post by Damien »

Isn't Betrayal a gametype?
Anyway, the other topic was just asking for an info if those gametypes already existed or not.

Thanks anyway
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

It is "like Invasion in UT2004", it is listed as gametype, but actually it is more a mutator. Some games like Serious Sam 3 list Instagib as own gametype, while UT handles this as mutator.

BTW: You meant that Titan pack thingy from UT3?
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Damien
Novice

Post by Damien »

Creavion wrote:BTW: You meant that Titan pack thingy from UT3?
Yes. Basically the same thing... but I don't think it can be done as a mutator, that's why I posted there.
Anyway, I think the hardest part will be the bot AI: when they'll betray, when they'll payback, etc.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

As long as you planning to modify UT it is a modification ...so it fits very well :mrgreen:
What is this betrayal mod anyway?
I don't know it.
Damien
Novice

Post by Damien »

papercoffee wrote:As long as you planning to modify UT it is a modification ...so it fits very well :mrgreen:
What is this betrayal mod anyway?
I don't know it.
Ok, here we go.
It's a "free-for-all" gametype, but you work with temporary teams. You have a modified version of the instagib: primary fire shots, secondary fire shots a blue version. Only with secondary fire you can betray your team.

Team's pot increases as you (or your team-mate(s)) make a frag; when the pot is high (rarely also when it's low) you can "betray" your team, by killing them with secondary fire. If within 30 seconds the person you killed doesn't kill you (payback), you saved your ass and keep fragging. New teams are made and etc. First to get frags limit win.

Sorry for my bad english, but you can check this (from kiwipedia):
This game type places freelance players on teams, and when the members of each team kill enemies, the pot for that team grows. Anybody on a team with a pot can betray the rest of the team by shooting them, thus taking the pot, but they must defend themselves from the betrayed teammates for 30 seconds after that, or the teammates receive extra points.