Looking for a team elimination type mod

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Doppelbok67
Novice

Looking for a team elimination type mod

Post by Doppelbok67 »

Hello! I've been a casual player of the original Unreal Tournament since the beginning in 1999, choosing to play offline most of the time with bots, and over the years I've amassed a great collection of mods and mutators. Needless to say, I plan to have UT on my system for many years to come, into my golden years!

That said, I've been looking for a mod that will allow me to be by myself on one team against the bots in an elimination scenario. Team LMS comes close to what I'm looking for, but I don't want to start with all the weapons. I want to either start with a certain one or two, or pick them up on the level, as normal. There was a mod or gametype developed called Elimination that approximates what I'm looking for, but it was never developed for team play. I was hoping there was something I could use with the TeamSize mutator.

Does anyone know of a mod or mutator that will do this?
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Looking for a team elimination type mod

Post by MrLoathsome »

You might try the TeamBot mutator. It setup the game for bot vs player teams, with 2 bots for each player.
I run that on my assault server, but of course can't find the original package anywhere.
blarg
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

The infiltration mod (current v2.9) has modes that will suit you. There is a stand-alone weapon-layout type mod (earn your weapons), but I can't remember. I'll have a look when I get home.
http://infiltration.sentrystudios.net
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdis ... forumid=19

There are a few other "real world" Unreal mods that go down the road you want, but I've only used them for some of the weapons, rather than actually play them!
Doppelbok67
Novice

Post by Doppelbok67 »

Thanks for the replies, MrLoathsome and Dr.Flay!

MrLoathsome, I'm assuming you've been using TeamBot with existing team games anyway, since Assault is a team game. That probably won't help me much, but thanks. I have a Humans vs. Bot mutator which should work just fine, as long I find the right Team mod or gametype.

Dr.Flay, I tried Infiltration a number of years back, but I want something small that I can use with other mutators and weapon packs, and that won't change the dynamics of the original game too much.

Actually, Team LMS is just what I'm looking for, except for the fact that you start with all the weapons. If I could modify that to allow the weapons to be picked up gradually on the map or to be used with an arena mutator, I'd be a happy camper, but I don't have the skills...
Last edited by Doppelbok67 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

There is definitely a stand-alone mutator/small game addon, that I found, while looking for "UT REALism" maps.
I think I downloaded it. I'll try and remember to have a look when I'm home.
Doppelbok67
Novice

Post by Doppelbok67 »

Dr.Flay wrote:There is definitely a stand-alone mutator/small game addon, that I found, while looking for "UT REALism" maps.
I think I downloaded it. I'll try and remember to have a look when I'm home.
Thanks, Dr.Flay! Please tell me what you find.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I found a mutator that every 20-30 seconds, all of the players use a diffrent weapon (say at first all of them gets biorifles and after 20-30 secs they get rippers and they can't use biorifles anymore) I think it's called Even Grounds but I'll check later.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
GEx wrote:I found a mutator that every 20-30 seconds, all of the players use a diffrent weapon (say at first all of them gets biorifles and after 20-30 secs they get rippers and they can't use biorifles anymore) I think it's called Even Grounds but I'll check later.

DynamicArena http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... nav1.0.zip
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I know this mod from the game "King-Pin L.O.C." ...there was it called Hitmann mod.
Every 20-30 secs came a signal counting down 5 sec, with the last signal everyone got a new random weapon. And only this weapon was selectable.
It was hilarious you got a long range weapon and got switched after the countdown to the melee weapon ...the came flow was perfect, because you couldn't camp around. Everyone was in move.