Unreal Tournament 99 Ultimate WIP

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
nillwatson532

Re: Unreal Tournament 99 Ultimate WIP

Post by nillwatson532 »

I like the mod but why spend all this time making 2k4 for UT? Even bargain machines can run 2k4 now and the game itself is almost given away in price.

If you want to play 2k4 just go buy 2k4?

I've played the weapons and although they are OK, you quickly see that they are pale imitations of the originals. Too much gets lost in the backwards movement because 2k4 uses so many overlays and effects even in the default weapons.

A good example of this is the lightning gun.

The effect is there and from the right angle it's passable but looking straight on or at anything but optimal viewing and you see that it's just not that great.

It's not a slam on Cheetah, it's just the limits of what the engine can do and shows what a leap it was when the second generation of the engine was released.

These skins look pretty nice though.

It's funny how no one uses the default skins in 2k4, they'd rather play with the default UT ones and here we are trying to do the reverse.

I guess you always want what you don't have.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

nillwatson532 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:13 pmI like the mod but why spend all this time making 2k4 for UT? Even bargain machines can run 2k4 now and the game itself is almost given away in price.
I suspect it has more to do with ut99 remains the most popular game of the series, and as more people play ut99 ... might as well import fun stuff from other versions.

They did it with the UT2003 Nyan Cat Redeemer, so why not this as well?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:42 am
nillwatson532 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:13 pmI like the mod but why spend all this time making 2k4 for UT? Even bargain machines can run 2k4 now and the game itself is almost given away in price.
I suspect it has more to do with ut99 remains the most popular game of the series, and as more people play ut99 ... might as well import fun stuff from other versions.

They did it with the UT2003 Nyan Cat Redeemer, so why not this as well?
That guy nillwatson looks like a spambot who wasn't filtered.

Proof? Well...
JackGriffin wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 am I like the mod but why spend all this time making 2k4 for UT? Even bargain machines can run 2k4 now and the game itself is almost given away in price. If you want to play 2k4 just go buy 2k4?

I've played the weapons and although they are OK, you quickly see that they are pale imitations of the originals. Too much gets lost in the backwards movement because 2k4 uses so many overlays and effects even in the default weapons. A good example of this is the lightning gun. The effect is there and from the right angle it's passable but looking straight on or at anything but optimal viewing and you see that it's just not that great. It's not a slam on Cheetah, it's just the limits of what the engine can do and shows what a leap it was when the second generation of the engine was released.

These skins look pretty nice though. It's funny how no one uses the default skins in 2k4, they'd rather play with the default UT ones and here we are trying to do the reverse. I guess you always want what you don't have.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.