Construction

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
moonliten
Average

Re: Construction

Post by moonliten »

Coolish, would be nice to see some explosion effect from it though, at least some smoke or something like when you shoot a crate.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I collected together as many UEd addons as I can.
I do not know if their are any "Builders" I have missed, but check this link for what I have found.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/b ... -resources

Medor's re-packaged version of UT is designed for editing and comes with some installed.
Download link is in his signature.
@Medor
You could add the SDK into it, so it is pre-installed properly :tu:

I have talked with Shadow before about adding the ability to make all decorations destroyable into the SDK. It is something he is wanting to add, so I think you 2 should chat. It may save replicating similar work.

If you fancy poking around a UEd 2 curiosity, then get the mod "Spatial Fear". it is comes with some extra brush-builders, and even has extra path-node types (no use for normal UT mapping, but fun to play with).

I wonder if we could get permission to use the extra pathnode mechanics in the SDK?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
@Medor
You could add the SDK into it, so it is pre-installed properly
You talk about have SDK in UT-v3 ?
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yes. Though obviously with Shadow's permission.
But it makes sense.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

you may use my window system I am building
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3162
It would be very uefull for your mod. it allows you to tweak and spawn the stuff you want
I probally will abandon this project, although im still doubting, but you can use it for your mod if you want
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Rakiayn wrote:you may use my window system I am building
It would be very uefull for your mod. it allows you to tweak and spawn the stuff you want
I probally will abandon this project, although im still doubting, but you can use it for your mod if you want
I have not seen a link to download
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote:Yes. Though obviously with Shadow's permission.
But it makes sense.

I'll see if before it is integrable and clear of Use
I think it has compatibility problems render with render players
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

medor wrote:
Rakiayn wrote:you may use my window system I am building
I have not seen a link to download
well I havent released it (yet)
if he wants to use it he can pm me and I will sent it
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:take your time I can wait the released :tu:
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by Isotoxin »

Sounds a bit minecraftish to me, for some reason, anyways have fun! As i'm a real bunny (bunnytrack player) this seems real intresting to me, might test it tommorow.
comoestas
Average

Post by comoestas »

@Rakiayn

That is a very kind offer, but I can't accept. I enjoy the challenge of learning these things for myself, so I would prefer to start from scratch.
But, I can say that I was very tempted to accept your offer on the chance that I might get to try out your mod. From what I've seen, I can tell its a fantastic mod, and that you've put a lot of time and thought into it.
Don't give up on it. :gj:

@Dr.Flay

There are a couple of things that I want to get done first, but I've bookmarked your page. It looks pretty comprehensive, thanks!
I'm a big fan of adding as much functionality as we can to UT, so I think that would fit well into the SDK.
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

medor wrote:take your time I can wait the released :tu:
tnx for your interest :D
comoestas wrote:@Rakiayn

That is a very kind offer, but I can't accept. I enjoy the challenge of learning these things for myself, so I would prefer to start from scratch.
But, I can say that I was very tempted to accept your offer on the chance that I might get to try out your mod. From what I've seen, I can tell its a fantastic mod, and that you've put a lot of time and thought into it.
Don't give up on it. :gj:

@Dr.Flay

There are a couple of things that I want to get done first, but I've bookmarked your page. It looks pretty comprehensive, thanks!
I'm a big fan of adding as much functionality as we can to UT, so I think that would fit well into the SDK.
Allright, I can still send it to you if you want so you can look at the code and learn from it.
one can only learn to code by looking at examples of other peaces code, atleast I did.
Althoug I can say that building such a window system with working replication was really hard and very time consuming, time that you can better spent on the actual mod imo.
also there are not many examples out there for windows in ut.
If you change your mind you know where to find me.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I would definitely recommend looking at Rakiayn's code, if I were you. Even if you don't use it.
At the least it will help, when you hit similar scripting problems, already dealt with, and may inspire you do do a better or different method.

Thanks, my page is not as extensive as I would like. I have only been putting the effort in recently (The news/links page is always totally up-to-date).
You do NOT need to join or be a MyOpera member, to leave comments, as I have left it open, to encourage more feedback.
Anything, anyone feels is wrong or missing, can be added as a comment. I will then add or fix :tu:
comoestas
Average

Post by comoestas »

Rakiayn wrote:If you change your mind
I went on a search for UWindow tutorials and couldn't find many. You have convinced me. Please send me the code so I can learn from it, and better use my time on designing the mod and not the mechanics. Thanks so much! :)
Rakiayn
Masterful

Post by Rakiayn »

I just sent you a link to the mod.
Im not sure if replication still works properly, it has been a while since I tested it. shouldnt be to much of a problem
I can not test it now, I lost my unrealtournament cd so i was forced to buy it on steam, only ued isnt working and I cant join my own dedicated server.
I added a readme so you know the important classes to use / study.
good luck with it. use anything you like