Simple Modding?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
DJspazz
Novice
Personal rank: RiOT SqUaD

Simple Modding?

Post by DJspazz »

Heyy people!
I'm just wondering, is there any way to modify files such as textures/sounds/etc., for beginners?
All I really want to do is change UT's background image to my own... :o
And maybe change around some of the menu colors.
Little things... :D
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: Simple Modding?

Post by Myth »

Well it's possible to simply replace them in the editor, but that way you won't be able to play in the Internet. However you can freely replace client sided stuff whit out any problem. So stuff that don't have anything to do whit playing on the internet (like the backgroud in the menu) can be easily changed by opening the correct texture package/map/anything else and replacing them by custom made ones. For example you can easily replace the UT menu music and still play on the internet. (well, 1 in 10000 maps have that music, so you won't be able to play 1-2 crappy maps over the net)
DJspazz
Novice
Personal rank: RiOT SqUaD

Post by DJspazz »

i see i see
Thanks for that warning, otherwise I'd be stuck offline for a while. :P
lagrunge
Personal rank: sweetage!

Post by lagrunge »

great that someone said that... that was a close one
[JAG]Teabag
Skilled
Personal rank: Clan Server Admin

Post by [JAG]Teabag »

when you say you want to change "ut's Background" do you mean the screen that says unreal tounament when you open UT?

if so you can use "osx Background changer" it also has a "make your own tutorial"

you can see my attempt http://utjag.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1666 in our forum. also a link there for the site with the background changer.

Admin/Moderator appologies if posting a link showing the topic in our forum isnt allowed, I'm new here, just delete the link then they will have to google it.
..Image
frutom

Post by frutom »

[JAG]Teabag wrote:when you say you want to change "ut's Background" do you mean the screen that says unreal tounament when you open UT?

if so you can use "osx Background changer" it also has a "make your own tutorial"

you can see my attempt http://utjag.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1666 in our forum. also a link there for the site with the background changer.

Admin/Moderator appologies if posting a link showing the topic in our forum isnt allowed, I'm new here, just delete the link then they will have to google it.

yeahhhhh