How to enable PhysX?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Voodoo Doll
Average

How to enable PhysX?

Post by Voodoo Doll »

I've found two archives on oldunreal.com, one of them contains UnrealPhysX.u (size about 27 KB), and other - UnrealPhysX.u, VehicleX.u and two DLL, total about 1.1 MB. There were some words about replacing Render=render.render by Render=UnrealPhysX.RendPlus in UnrealTournament.ini, but I can't understand for what. There are no such class in .u file. If i keep Render=render.render, nothing happens. If I replace, UT crashes. How to install this? Maybe I need another archive?

The NVidia PhysX is installed.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: How to enable PhysX?

Post by Feralidragon »

Some classes are not at UScript level and C++ level only (hence not appearing if you open the .u package in UEd).
Anyway, it should be as simple as the ReadMe told you to: copy all the files to System and change your Render to UnrealPhysX.RendPlus.

Now if that crashes your UT, it's better to make that question at OldUnreal, where the author constantly hangs out so he will better answer that for you. :)
Voodoo Doll
Average

Post by Voodoo Doll »

OK, thanks.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

You do realise this is like the UT-SDK ?
You will have to add it to the editor and make something that uses it.

It will not add new physics to existing maps or items.
A link to the place you found your odd info would have been useful, but as Ferali points out the best place for help is the place you found it.
This is the official thread http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1266076298
There is no readme in the download, or reference to swapping the renderer in the thread (that I can find).
UnrealSP.org looks like the place you found your info, and it is explained there why you may want to make this change.
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopi ... 93&p=50884
...you can enable collision geometry view by editing UnrealTournament.ini:

Code: Select all

[Engine.Engine]
Render=UnrealPhysX.RendPlus
And use Render.Render again for default UT one.
In short, if you do not understand why or what you are doing, I think you will be wasting yours and .:..:'s time.