Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by Dr.Flay »

heliumcat wrote:It's probably been discussed before and I hadn't actually had the time and opportunity to notice it in the game myself or on this forum, but do monsters actually attack cybots when cybots don't start attacking them first? Do they actually attack cybots at all?

Off-topic: I've noticed that the ChaosUT turrets (despite of them being awesome on their own) don't attack anything but enemy players and bots and vice versa, so I guess these turrets could use a fix or an update maybe.
Actually the TWT_Zombies pawns attack them quite often which often amuses me.
I don't know if Loathsome or Gopo made them more aggressive, and I doubt that me using the newer Chaos 1.1 would change that, because they still don't defend themselves.
Maybe they are heat-sensing :mrgreen:

There is still a Chaos site and forum, but they only actively update the 2k4 version.
Help may still be available there though.
http://www.forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

5 more done, just 2 oversurrections left to go:

Summary: the Freezer, Vulcan, The Miner, MultiMissile Launcher and I.R.P.R. oversurrections are finished (and can be seen in the videos below), leaving only the Cybot Launcher and Ultima Protos ones left to do.
These oversurrections are mainly what "delayed" the final release of pack (and I say "delayed" because, although I didn't set a release timeframe, it went over my own initial expectations once again, as usual...), but once they get to be fully finished, all there's left to do is comparatively minor stuff, such as some further bug fixing, tweaking, minor features and settings, and the update of the documentation with the new stuff.

[youtube]fR0JL-xAXPA[/youtube]
[youtube]iqcgBkH3ZK0[/youtube]
[youtube]uJNyvmLegRU[/youtube]
[youtube]muC4rBvSrSs[/youtube]
[youtube]vykLmkYbQbM[/youtube]
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I'll won't watch those videos mainly because I don't want to spoil myself. :P

good luck on this, and that mystery project you said you were going to do after this :tu:
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

:wtf:
I hope the US military don't see these, or you may wake-up in a bunker somewhere in Mexico, being told to make these for real :loool:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

I also saw the at MODDB.com, good job :tu:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Yessss... this looks great :gj:
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Really spectacular, amazing work
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm assuming you send your bots in to invade the enemy base while the other team's bots are slaughtered by your super-powered weapons in order to show your team is immune to them, yes?

What about the bots on your team that were caught in explosions and pitched over the side?!

Bot cruelty!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Just amazing!!!

Maybe a Christmas present? :)

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks all for the feedback :tu:
GEx wrote:good luck on this, and that mystery project you said you were going to do after this :tu:
Thanks. Yeah, that "mystery project"... so mysterious right now that I still don't even have a proper name for it yet lol, but it will probably actually have "Project" in its name (hopefully going to start it right after I release this, although there's still another mod in need of a bit of attention first).
EvilGrins wrote:I'm assuming you send your bots in to invade the enemy base while the other team's bots are slaughtered by your super-powered weapons in order to show your team is immune to them, yes?
That's a strategy, although what I mainly do is the exact opposite (in order to have more fun): I cast the oversurrection and say to my team to defend the base. The enemy bots generally never go past a few meters from their spawn point lol
EvilGrins wrote: What about the bots on your team that were caught in explosions and pitched over the side?!
They don't. Oversurrections "generally" do not hurt the caster (unlike the nukes), and never hurt or even affect the teammates.
Pileyrei wrote:Maybe a Christmas present? :)
I plan to release it before the end of the year, so yeah, hopefully an early one. :)
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

YOU ARE GOD OF MODS
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

ImageSorry about this!Image

Been submitting some of my old edits to Vulpine Missions lately, and something's come up. As I have a lot of Nali Weapons 2 weapons placed on the maps, and VM primarily uses Nali Weapons 3 in games, I'd assumed that they'd convert.

Not so much.

Why doesn't NW3 convert NW2 weapons like it does the UT defaults?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Oh. interesting point.
As people tend to use weapon swappers more than edit the maps, I suspect it was not thought necessary.
It does make sense, even though it would be a rare occurrence.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

EvilGrins wrote:Why doesn't NW3 convert NW2 weapons like it does the UT defaults?
NW3 only replaces the weapons it's configured to replace, namely the default UT weapons, and most of the old Unreal ones (if a certain option is enabled).
In the final version though, by default NW3 will also replace the weapons subclasses (meaning that any mods derived from the standard weapons will have their weapons replaced as well).

As for NW2, even then it won't replace them since they're not derived from the standard weapons and the replacer won't be configured to do so either, however anyone can edit the NWConfig.ini file themselves and configure the replacer to do so (I released documentation on the overall mod last year, and it covers how to configure the replacer to replace other weapons as well). Either that, or you can use an external replacer mod (although I don't really recommend doing so though, even if "apparently" works).
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Hmmm I like to use NW3 weapons in oldskool (SP original campaign but NW3 mutator do not replace all weapons/pickups.
Maybe someone provide a little help how to configure these ?