I just checked the change log I wrote in the B's release (over here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons ... a-gore-sse), and it reads like this:
And since I never released a C version, that means that the one in NW3 is exactly the same without change.Change log:
- Added option to tweak the lifespan of the blood “fog”
- Added option to disable the full body skeleton
- Added option to make the effects fully network-relevant (if someone is gibbed and you don't see it nor hear it, you won't see any remains once you get to the place if this setting is disabled)
Changes and enhancements:
- Corpses are now detected, so if you shoot a corpse, it will gib the same way as the player himself (this also fixes the gibbing with the Flak Cannon primary fire mode and others)
- Fixed blood decals in fog zones
- Fixed occasional glitch where gibs or a skeleton would appear but the victim body would remain intact
- Fixed occasional glitch where the victim would suffer a head explosion (headshot) but the head would remain (only in standard UT player models pre-Bonus Pack 4, the rest of the models have no “head-off” animation so those cannot be fixed)
- Fixed occasional huge slashes of lava in maps like CTF-LavaGiant and CTF-EternalCave
- Fixed the text localization of the menus, so they can now be translated to other languages
However, if you detect a bug in the B version that can actually be fixed, I wouldn't mind to make a C release, but this is being used heavily in MH servers and whatnot, and a gore-related crash is incredibly rare over there as far as I could tell, although you may still get some rendering lag at times when you kill a massive amount of monsters in one shot.
That may have to do with the massive amounts of actors that I spawn, from effects, decals, etc, which may mess up the actors lists and garbage collection at some point in the engine itself.OjitroC wrote:I've had quite a few crashes over the years (playing offline and using NW3UltraGoreSSEb) of the same type as this one 120#p66064 - to do with BloodTrails and CleanupDestroyed. I switched to Q3Gore for that reason but, reading through this thread, it seems that NW3UltraGoreSSEa may give rise to fewer problems and so I'm now running that - without any crashes thus far.
It's all client-side so it will never crash the server itself, but to fix that particular crash I would need to redo almost the entire thing so the effects and such would be recycled (including the decals, by detaching them from the walls and attaching them elsewhere).
No, if I recall it was a rendering crash that had to do with the decals themselves (similar to how very bright dynamic lights may also crash the engine).JackGriffin wrote: Is that the CanSeeMe thing Ferali?
The rendering pipeline of this engine version is incredibly fragile, it will crash with a lot of stuff: decals, dynamic lights, and even sprites/particles under certain conditions.