MapvoteX ~ #source code released#~

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: MapvoteX ~ Coming Soon

Post by Wises »

^couldn't of come at a better time mate lol

UA is down and I dunno if it will be up any time soon.

Do you have a read-me some where as the one in the post at UA is gone. ;)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Wises wrote:^couldn't of come at a better time mate lol

UA is down and I dunno if it will be up any time soon.

Do you have a read-me some where as the one in the post at UA is gone. ;)
Here http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=2307
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Oh, for f*****
Don't tell me Unreal Admin has been hacked :mad2:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:it is on but bug http://www.unrealadmin.org/

Probably not enough space
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

Here is a scratch readme I put together some time back and just updated it a bit.

http://www.proasm.com/ut/mvxreadme.html
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

Dr.Flay wrote:Oh, for f*****
Don't tell me Unreal Admin has been hacked :mad2:
Nah, just a crashed database. Will require manual recovery, though. And I'm not even sure who could be able to do that.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

hopefully there was a recent back up
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

TBH I strongly recommend against storing vital data or information only there. UA.org does not have an active admin team, except for the few people who have moderator or administrator privileges in the forum. And I also doubt there is anything that could be considered a "recent backup".
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Wormbo wrote:TBH I strongly recommend against storing vital data or information only there. UA.org does not have an active admin team, except for the few people who have moderator or administrator privileges in the forum. And I also doubt there is anything that could be considered a "recent backup".
I would even suggest that if anyone has something stored there (topics, important posts, files, etc), to start putting them in this forum as well, as a backup.
But don't rely in just this place either, it's best if everyone makes a backup of what they consider important into their own machines and communities.
Redundancy for the win. :mrgreen:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:@ Wises you have a MP for some days . I think you have not seen.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:He posted at the forum directory on freeforums.org the link is forumdirectory.freeforums.org. As one of the people he flamed I think he should be allowed to edit the first post here if he cannot already. *

@ Wises / proasm
I watched some youtube video where the mapvote now goes through the folders and sets up some arrays for the maplists. I thought you might do something like this after my last post, good work. I haven't actually tried it, but does that mean when an admin reloads the maplist
while the server is running it's going to cycle through all the folders as well and cause same amount of lag as in the video?

Some more default map prefixes: Dark Match (I forget the prefix), INFiltration, Team Monsterhunt. I did have some others I was going to post but I've completely drawn a blank. Stay tuned I guess

* (If I followed the thread correctly, I didn't get a chance to read what he said, and if he's attempting to taint my image it's unfortunate that some would already have read it without me having a chance to respond)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@ Wises / proasm
I watched some youtube video where the mapvote now goes through the folders and sets up some arrays for the maplists. I thought you might do something like this after my last post, good work.
^ that method of loading maps.. is pretty old now.. as well as that version in the youtube video's. (the principal remains the same however)[/quote]
haven't actually tried it, but does that mean when an admin reloads the maplist
while the server is running it's going to cycle through all the folders as well and cause same amount of lag as in the video?
^ There is no lag (like in the video) and since that video we have made untold Breakthroughs in how to get info to/from clients without any lag what so ever ;)
^ not too sure about "on-the-fly" loading of new Maps tbh.. however some0ne can let us know how that goes when tests are done I guess.
^ MVX only loads maps from certain folders as depicted by the MapsFolder="Maps/DM,Maps/DM1,Maps/DM4" therefore you can have upto [5] Folders with unique maps inside
and as long as the MapsFolder="Maps/{those folders}" will MVX load the Maps from those folders.. There is an alternative method which allows for Manual entry of Maps.. however this is limited to 200Maps per GameType and could take a while to build up.

Best way is to make a small directory.bat file which contains the following script; dir > maps.txt
run that Batch file and it should >>output all files/folders to the file maps.txt

*From there using Notepad++ or some other 'Editor' strip away the 'other details' and copy 'n' paste only the MapNames -(minus) .unr's into the MVX.ini
Some more default map prefixes: Dark Match (I forget the prefix), INFiltration, Team Monsterhunt. I did have some others I was going to post but I've completely drawn a blank. Stay tuned I guess
What we had a few problems with was CTF-BT- prefixes.. and as long as none of these kinds of 'Prefixes' popup in the Future everything should work fine.
Not Tested with Infiltration/ChaosUT or Team MonsterHunt , but in theory it should work fine.. hence a "Public Beta test"
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

As of the last beta, MapvoteX now loads all the maps, regardless of how many, in the background while the game has already started so eliminating any lag whatsoever.
Also the transfer of the maplists to the client no longer goes via the player replication as in other vote mods, this also helps eliminate lag and menu time, especially if there are 500 maps, the new max limit.
Switching levels, games or what ever takes as long as if there were no mods running at all :)
However we cannot be blamed for some servers that run many many mods, as does Wises's servers, and lag for some other reason.
The YouTube clips also, were made from several beta's back and things have change quite drastically :)

Regarding the switching between standard Paths= folders and the Maplist option, well yes, if the option was available in game for the admin, all the paths would be used, but at this stage the server has to be stopped to change to the Maplist option.
Due to this new feature, I will consider adding the option to the Admin Menu, but means a dummy Tutorial map start fooling the server that it is a 1st time server start up, but that should not be a problem :)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
What we had a few problems with was CTF-BT- prefixes.. and as long as none of these kinds of 'Prefixes' popup in the Future everything should work fine.
Not Tested with Infiltration/ChaosUT or Team MonsterHunt , but in theory it should work fine.. hence a "Public Beta test"
K, so only double-prefixes. Should be added to top post too IMO. It's those videos throwing me off again, putting all DM maps in DM folder etc. Might want to rename those videos as older development ones that are for the archives. An admin should edit them out of your first post here

TBH Neither of either of your posts are making a lot of sense to me, your replies raise more questions than answers. I suppose I'll wait for more videos or a more stable release that servers are using and people have tried

The mapvote extensions I worked on Would change the maps folder at the start or end of the game (I forget specifics), tricking the mapvote into loading dud maps. I imagine you use something similar to cycle through the map folders. Not sure why you limit it at 5 though. The dud map folder (filled w/ 1kb maps) where the names are what show up in the mapvote, a seperate config file that would link them so they vote DM-Deck16][ the server would instead travel to a map from the other folder DM-Deck16][Edit or whatever config file says. There was a second part to it where int files existed for the new maps to have screenshots appear in players' server browser when they had not yet downloaded the map (or optionally for lazier people an actor that was a child of the query class that would send out the predefined outputs of mapname (for screenshot) and map description/name to remote query client)

I want like to make a request: You should keep the option of not allowing players to load up all the maps until the end of the game. Some might say it's not going to make a big difference but people like Wises often rent low spec servers where it really does make a difference. Even if you are using a different method like TCP (Although wouldn't you have more than 200 maps if that was the case?). I'm still throwing this request out there

You know some people actually use those Tutorial maps in multiplayer :P You might want to spawn some player actors briefly to trigger some events tho

I look forward to REAL release or more videos so I can make sense out of what you are saying. Thanks and warm regards
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

so 500 is the limit? per column? im hoping 4 columns? 2k maps total? or 2048?
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB