Disable Object Despawning?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EternalSunshine

Disable Object Despawning?

Post by EternalSunshine »

Hey everyone!

Sorry if this is a noobish question, but I've recently got back into playing UT99 and have been modding it to high hell. I've pretty much got it to where I like it, but there's one thing I'm looking for but seem to find - most likely because I don't actually know the name for the mechanic so I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Basically... I'd like to make UT more like a real tournament, and since I doubt Liandri has indivisible cleaning bots running around their arenas I thought it would be nice to have the blood splatter and body pieces not disappear for the remainder of the match. I figure they must be on some sort of timer but I don't know where I would change that. Again, maybe I'm missing something obvious since I not sure what the fading mechanic is called, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)
heliumcat
Skilled

Re: Disable Object Despawning?

Post by heliumcat »

Perhaps stuff like decal stay and a madman's dream or whatever it's called in that thread might be what you're after I think:

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=318

Links:
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... sDream.zip
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... alStay.rar
EternalSunshine

Post by EternalSunshine »

Perfect! Thanks for the edit with the link too, couldn't seem to find a DL :P Thanks!
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

For me the NWUltraGore is the best :) You can alter how long decals and blood stay on map. That mutator have a own window so it is easy to configure :) You can alter gore amount, its scale of course . these effects looks very very nice :) sorry for lack of link but I write now from ancient phone
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

^^ Yeah, I was guessing a direct link to the file on medor's site would be faster to download since it is exactly the same file (unless it isn't)?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:it is always the same but sometimes I find and add a update readme not in the original archive or screen.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

heliumcat wrote:^^ Yeah, I was guessing a direct link to the file on medor's site would be faster to download since it is exactly the same file (unless it isn't)?
For me is Medor's page always the last resort, when you can't find it elsewhere ...You'll find it most likely there.
And Ferali is part of this Forum here (in case you didn't know it :wink: ) and has his announcement threads here as well.
medor wrote:it is always the same but sometimes I find and add a update readme not in the original archive or screen.
Sorry Medor, I know you mean it well, it wasn't meant as critique ...but I'm more for supporting the original author first.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Sorry Medor, I know you mean it well, it wasn't meant as critique ...but I'm more for supporting the original author first.
Np paper i esteem you alot :highfive: See nothing sexual in that in case google translate is wrong :loool:
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

There should really be a medor-style site for all ut2004 (and maybe even unreal) stuff, but I'm guessing no one will have the bandwidth to store that amount of content data for free. :loool:
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

heliumcat wrote:There should really be a medor-style site for all ut2004 (and maybe even unreal) stuff, but I'm guessing no one will have the bandwidth to store that amount of content data for free. :loool:
In http://www.ut-files.com/ was a lot UT2K4 files :sad2:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

medor wrote: Np paper i esteem you alot :highfive: See nothing sexual in that in case google translate is wrong :loool:
No no ...Google Translate got everything right, mon chéri

:mrgreen:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:For me I stay exclusive UT99.
But it is highly probable ut-files opens soon

For my side in this week my speed upload (utfiles medor.no-ip.org)is move from 1mega to 20mega with vdsl2 :tu: