[UTRP] "UT 2341" port into Unreal Tournament

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: [UTRP] "UT 2341" port into Unreal Tournament

Post by Torax »

I like his last words :lol2:
once you notice it, you see it everywhere lol
Well, the best way i can do - compensate texture offsets a bit, and what i'm actually doing.

Anyways - nothing can be absolutely ideal. The models are great themselves, textures and models are pretty much detailed and in any case will look much more better.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Someone wanted for some screenshots??
Heeere's "some" screenshots :mrgreen:

EDIT
Papercoffee dont kill me for double posting - last post was yesterday :tongue:
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

only hand/arm looks ugly ;p
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Radi wrote:only hand/arm looks ugly ;p
Yap.
I have an idea why so and will try to fix it.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

It looks strange and silly to have a full automatic rifle with a scope tacked on as a "sniper rifle".

I know it's already more or less the case with the basic Sniper rifle in UT, but it's so low-res and approximately modelled that you can look beyond it. Now this really looks like I'm using an M16 as a sniper rifle.

Also, there's a big break on the lightmap running through the scope's end. Looks like a mesh smoothing issue.
You must construct additional pylons.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Hellkeeper wrote:It looks strange and silly to have a full automatic rifle with a scope tacked on as a "sniper rifle".
Yeah, i'm agree with you.
As for me, for instance, i maybe prefer single-shot bolt-action rifle, cozz automatic is kinda imbalanced. But this is a remodelling project, not a total conversion. Maybe i will make something more realistic in next projects for UT..dunno.
Hellkeeper wrote:I know it's already more or less the case with the basic Sniper rifle in UT, but it's so low-res and approximately modelled that you can look beyond it. Now this really looks like I'm using an M16 as a sniper rifle.
Well, i'm again agree with you. But as far as i know there is a real prototype of sniper rifle based on M-16 weapon. And i think that such kind of weapon was taken for concept of sniper rifle for UT.
Hellkeeper wrote:Also, there's a big break on the lightmap running through the scope's end. Looks like a mesh smoothing issue.
Yeah, it seems that occured ion cause i moved texture offsets to reduce texture displacement i told before...on the next build i will try to fix such things like this but i dont promice. If i will try to make ideal EVERYTHING, it will take few monts.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Torax wrote:Someone wanted for some screenshots??
Heeere's "some" screenshots :mrgreen:

EDIT
Papercoffee dont kill me for double posting - last post was yesterday :tongue:
I won't kill you for double posts ...but I will kill you for posting not visible pictures.

:mrgreen: j/k ...why is it that I can't see your picture host ...even if I try to connect manually I got a timeout.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

papercoffee wrote::mrgreen: j/k ...why is it that I can't see your picture host ...even if I try to connect manually I got a timeout.
I'd used VK social network to host screenshots. You can go to ModDB, main project page - i uploaded same stuff there, if you totally cant see my pictures here.
Well probably i will download media elsewhere :mrgreen:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But you can link the pictures from Moddb here in the same way as you would do from VK.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Some things about Dot's emitter usage.
I discussed this question with Feralidragon via e-mail and decided to not use it at all.
The main reason is two things - first of all this system will not work on most of UT servers because they are working under Linux, and Linux have it's own type of native libraries. Recompiling is not a way out.
And the second thing that this compilation will crash under some specific versions of Windows. I did not asked why, Ferali knows what he say.
There are also few other issues with this but they are less important than this two, i'm even not talking about cheating hacks and so.

So the way out - try to build my own particle system.
I will take Ferali's CSMXExtras stuff as a base because it already have online support and great optimization. It will be expanded and injected into core classes of this mod.
Anyways, it will be an update. First of all i must finish with porting overall models and stuff.
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Yeah, that csmcx.u package is great, for UT best of it kind, I'm tried some others emitters but csmcx eat them up on start (its fast, do not spawn things in a void, do not spawn new effects but its based on recycling). Im like that package and use it even more than normal coronas / smoke generators and similiar old UT shitty stuff. Good choice, Torax. And remember: dont give up with this project! :D

cheers.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Development news, Part...umm..i missed the count of updates but currently i reached "build 11" in my work to dont mess between older and newer versions of packages :mrgreen:

The models are close to be bundled into game. Currently i working with model orientations, scales and texture applying. First beta will be released soon with new weapon models. Next stages should be dozens of bugfixes, importing ammo pickups and finally implementig particle system.

But now i have a question that needs some brainstorming.
Look at this screenshot of "awesome-cool-shiny" GES Bio Rifle

The one thing i totally forgot with this one - in UT2341 mod, creators DID NOT used animated plunger inside the weapon (like it is in UT99). They used texture stretching to animate weapon loading with that green tarydium shit.
And now i'm totally confused that i missed such thing, because i cant imagine ho to make or simulate "loading" animations :mad2:
One of the ways i see - animate texture of plunger (it's a luck that it is separated from weapon texture itself) in 10-20 frames to simulate weapon loading.

Hope on your fresh brainz guys.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I might have to do this for my next project.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

SC]-[LONG_{HoF} wrote:I might have to do this for my next project.
Erm sorry but i dont understand what are you talking about :mrgreen:
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Talking about the animations with just textures. Brilliant and I'm like why didn't I think of that.