Nali Weapons 3 Final - Release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Nali Weapons 3 Final - Release

Post by EvilGrins »

Dr.Flay wrote:Well Flak re-tweeted my tweet, and it is breeding :D
You should be able to keep an eye on it with #NW3 #UT99 or #UnrealTournament
Even though my post to my LJ went to twitter, I never thought to hashtag it.

Still #NW3 might not be the way to go, it's got other uses apparently · http://tinyurl.com/q73dq6r

No one seems to be using #NaliWeapons3, so far.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I just added the upgrade and it works excellent, thx for this all the work you put in to it code-master-Feralidragon :highfive: The server runs on a rented top-of-the-line machine at a 200MB line so it runs exelent
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Haven't seen as many responses to the final of NW3 as to its initial release, on multiple forums, but that won't stop me.

First, this may be a more my system thing but it only seems to be doing it with this 1 weapon:
A slight cubical representation around the crosshairs. Checked all the other weapons, except the instagib, and it's just the bolt rifle so far.

Same issue as last time on another thing, with things like the cybots and now the oversurrectors... it tends to list the weapon you're holding as what killed something instead of the actual weapon that did the killing:
I hold the bolt rifle, so it says I killed "Gumbo" (the UTDMT) with that and not an oversurrector. It does this with most things, but not all.

I launched a graviton oversurrector at the enemy base:
I'm holding "sniper rifle" (forget what it's called) but it's saying I'm killing the people in the Blue Base with a graviton. Not an oversurrector either, which it is, but just a plain graviton which I no longer had.
Weird.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

As for the square thing, basically I screwed up that crosshair alpha. Basically in this last version I made the crosshairs "alpha-blended", meaning that you will be able to see them also in very bright colored areas.
In the case of the BoltRifle crosshair, I just noticed that the modulated texture that makes its alpha has a RGB of 122,122,122 when it should be 128,128,128, and is this tiny difference that makes that crosshair like that.
Since it's a problem isolated to the BoltRifle, if someone feels bothered by it, I can make a hot-fix and release a new BoltRifle package alone (but the replacer and the arena have to be configured by the user/admin to use the fixed one instead of the standard one).

As for the damage messages, I simply left it like that in the case for the oversurrections (the weapons themselves have this "fixed", and "fixed" as in "I had to hack around the game to fix a problem that is from the game itself in the first place"), but they can be fixed as well by configuring the entries in NWConfig.ini in the NWCoreVIII.NWKillMsgManager section.
I can provide the config entries for that if anyone wants it as well.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

On another note, I was wrong that the instagib doesn't blow people up into burning chunks. For the most part, that's true. All the standard UT models, as well as the Unreal1 ones, don't blow into burning chunks. However, some of the non-standard ones, like the Guardians...
...clearly do.

For those unfamiliar, these are Guardians:

And this is 2 Guardians just after 1 of them started attacking an enemy mine:

By the by, I don't recall the original release of NW3 the bots shooting the mines from the other teams. It's a nice touch and I like it... though it doesn't go so well for them with some of the larger yields.

Random: Why doesn't it say you killed someone with the instagib when you kill with it? Why does it say bolt gun for the instagib?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote: Random: Why doesn't it say you killed someone with the instagib when you kill with it? Why does it say bolt gun for the instagib?
Silly ...because it's the advanced Bolt Gun.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Both the Bolt and SuperBolt have the same damage type, and thus due to the "kill messages fix" system, it always matches the bolt rifle one.
But like Paper said, the SuperBolt is in essence a super-powered version of the Bolt.
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Post by KeeperUTX »

Hitman wrote:code-master-Feralidragon
Funny, he calls himself a U-Script n00b on OldUnreal :loool:

I have the same crosshair issue with the Bolt Rifle. Not really annoying but yes, it'd indeed be nice to make a little hotfix for it

Speaking of NW3 the enemy usually kills me before I can launch an Oversurrection, and I rage since it's rare to get a CyBot Launcher and an Oversurrector on one player. At least with me, since I usually muck around with bots.
Last time I tried to activate the Vulcan oversurrection and a bot killed me before I could launch it. Haters gonna hate... the bots, I haven't managed to get that one yet.

Oh yeah, it's kind of whacky with the Oversurrection automatically firing after the "runes" show up (wizards and magicians like me love 'em BTW), making it hard on you if you accidentally sacrificed a weapon somewhere where it's hard to launch, although that happens very rarely. Also, love the way some OSs drop down like a bomb if they hit the sky or ceiling, I tried that out with the Freezer on DMGotliebsretreat and it looked pretty sweet with all the ice coming out of the castle walls.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Is this where you got the idea for the Ultimaprotos Oversurrection perchance?

[youtube]EuSGUhhmYfk[/youtube]
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

The UltimaProtos oversurrection was solely based in the complete life cycle of a star. Although it didn't get the full effect I wanted to add to it (it was supposed to look a bit better than this, but I didn't want to invest more time into the pack and there was already enough lag going on), fortunately (for my surprise) most people were able to recognize it as such. :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@ KeeperUTX
I disabled the other nukes ...because the Oversurrection of them are only the next better Nuke. That way could I get the Cybots and the Oversurrector more often. The Freezer Oversurrection is the visible overkill ...it's so beautiful.

The Ultima Protos Oversurrection is to much ...I have no map big enough for this beauty ...And I don't play Face that much.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:The Ultima Protos Oversurrection is to much ...I have no map big enough for this beauty ...And I don't play Face that much.
I've been testing this final release on CTF maps, and most of mine are more than large enough to capture it's beauty.

Launched it the other day and did a frame-by-frame screenshot capture, then edited out the unnecesary to just a few shots. It was amazing, I'll post it later.

No one on my team, myself included, was killed by the Protos Oversurrector... but it lifted us all off the ground and floated us all over the place on our side of the map. Why does it do that?
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

EvilGrins wrote:No one on my team, myself included, was killed by the Protos Oversurrector... but it lifted us all off the ground and floated us all over the place on our side of the map. Why does it do that?
Probably in cause that Protos oversurrection creates a full cycle of star life, it affects gravity as well. I also was wondering why i was floating in the air.
Ferali didnt forget about such details :mrgreen:
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

That oversurrection does affect gravity. However, it affects gravity differently in each stage of the oversurrection itself: there's gravity loss and inversion (gravity upwards), then it changes a bit when it mature, then as it reaches the red giant state, the gravity inverts back (downwards) but it's still weak.
At the beginning of the oversurrection, there's some FOV distortion and the whole thing getting dark since the idea is light to be absorbed as well during the first "ignition". :)
Chrisau

Post by Chrisau »

Mate, it is just mind blowing how well you have done this mod. My hat is off to you good sir! :gj: