Nali Weapons 3 Final - Release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Nali Weapons 3 Final - Release

Post by Feralidragon »

Here it is, the public release of Nali Weapons 3 Final:

[youtube]qaZD_rSdo8A[/youtube]

Download: (choose one of them, they're the same in different formats)
ZIP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2f4g ... 3Final.zip
or
UMOD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/618w3 ... l_UMOD.zip

Redirect files (for redirect servers only): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ahqc ... direct.zip

As the name implies, this is the last release of the series and there won't be another one, as I am moving on to do something else (semi-UT related).
So, have fun :)

Change log:
Spoiler
Features

- New weapon: The Oversurrector
- New extreme gore system
- New skill points system (for stylish and other kinds of frags)
- New replacer options to change specific properties from weapons after the replace
- New replacer list: default items (similar to default weapons, but to give things like armor and other kinds of inventory instead on respawn)
- Ability to give different weapons between teams
- Cybot Arena
- Bolt Rifle Arena
- Option to turn off the screen shake system
- Ability to configure 3 slots for modifiers in all weapons
- Mutator to be able to modify any properties from any weapon, such as respawn time, ammo respawn time, ammo amount, damage and firerate
- Armor absorption percentage option
- Jump boots jump height option
- U-Damage damage multiplier option
- Individual “RegenAmmoPerSec” settings per weapon
- Command “nwdetail N” to be able to load any detail profile during a game in progress
- Option for decals to stay forever or during a fixed amount of time
- Added menu entries to toggle the weapon and other items chargers and their team colors
- Added menu entries to tweak the weapon and other items multi-replacement methods
- Added internal setting to define stating weapons (to fix priority problems in arenas)
- Option for custom chargers to stay rotating
- Added description to mutators
- Added client option to adjust the pickups coronas brightness
- New nuclear explosions option: ability to damage normal actors
- Added alpha rendering to crosshairs (so crosshairs are always visible even in bright zones)
- Added setting so to when using The One modifier the last slot does not get automatically locked
- Added a new “Nali Weapons 3” server browsing tab to only list NW3 servers
- Added a friendly fire option
- Added setting so the random spawn of modifiers guarantees at least one modifier of each kind to be spawned
- New Bolt Rifle option: combo damage
- New Super Bolt Rifle options: enable combo ability, projectile damage, combo damage, alt-fire mode firerate and max number of projectiles
- New Graviton options: flying ability speed multiplier, throw damageable time, smash shake toggle and smash min speed
- New The Miner option: max mines per player
- New I.R.P.R. options: green scope overlay toggle, thermal view toggle and beam visibility toggle
- New Cybot Launcher options: max cybots per player, health options, lifespan options and projectiles speed scale

Changes and enhancements

- Moved the NaliWeapons section to the NWeaponsCfg.ini file
- Moved the NaliPickups section to the NWExtrasCfg.ini file
- Moved the NuclearExplosions section to the NWNuclearCfg.ini file
- All packages are now named as “NW<package>VIII.u” instead of the previous “NW<package>V3.u”
- Changed the main replacer default settings so it could replace weapon subclasses
- Changed the detail profile “Please have mercy” to have even lower detail
- Graviton now handles better online and players now get smashed if launched at high speeds (configurable)
- Reduced W.R.E. shot hit kickback
- Disabled the “hold lock with alt-fire” option by default in the MultiMissile Launcher, and instead improved the locking
handle and reduced the time it takes to lock and keep, so now locking feels much more natural and practical
- Disabled the “Denied” message by default from nukes
- Changed some damage types on weapons
- More navigation points are now taken into account to evaluate the true dimensions of a map in the replacer
- Changed some settings in the Super Bolt Rifle replacement: when it replaces a Super Shock Rifle, it will obbey the weapon stay rules of the game,
and when it replaces the Redeemer, its ammo becomes limited
- If the client enters a NW3 server and does not have the mod installed, the client settings defined in the server are applied to that client
- The Super Bolt Rifle arena mutator no longer replaces the pickups by NW3 ones, instead it eliminates them all (like in a normal instagib match)

Bug fixes

- Fixed typos and some grammar mistakes (in menus and messages)
- Fixed all the menu settings which didn't work upon being changed
- Fixed crash with Megaton password card
- Fixed glitch where some dropped weapons would still have some firing effects playing after being picked up
- Fixed all loop crashes
- Graviton flying ability now works properly
- Fixed Graviton using 1 ammo when starting to spin
- Fixed MultiMissile lock staying when it automatically changed down to a A-Missile or normal rocket
- Fixed X-Missile debris generating massive water laggy splashes
- Fixed debris not spawning online from some lower level nuclear explosions
- Fixed jump boots air control not being reset always when they expired
- Fixed NWBoltRifleV3.expl.empExpl sound crash in Linux systems
- The Redeemer is now seen as a super weapon in the Monster Hunt mutator, and therefore won't regenerate its ammo
- Added a self-loaded mutator to fix the weapon kill messages
- Fixed glitch where the mapvote would always request to rebind the keys at the start of the match
- Fixed some occasional “accessed none” and “out of bounds” errors in the log
- Fixed a potential exploit in the ZP system (nothing to really worry about, just a tiny detail)
- Fixed blood decals in fog zones
- Fixed spam of ZP enabled message when changing the client menu settings
- Fixed shake FX system to not view inside BSP (in bigger shakes)
- Fixed Super Bolt Rifle not working when the FireDelay was set to 0
- Fixed localization of the text of the menu items so they can be translated
- Fixed effects not following the Invisibility pickup when it was dropped
- Fixed dropped modifiers not being able to get picked up and spawning chargers when they shouldn't
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Nali Weapons 3 Final - Release

Post by UnrealGGecko »

O.M.F.G!!!! :shock:
NW3 final release + my 1000th post = Best day of my life!!.....

... Or would be if I wouldn't have to memorise a block of text for tomorrow for school :wth:
Uhhhhhhmmmm.................... :help:

Downloading RIGHT NOW!
Hope you didn't forget a team-coloured bolt rifle option (I didn't see it on the Changelog) :?
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

This is a staggering achievement, many congratulations Ferali. You deserve some official recognition, it's about time EPIC tipped it's cap in your direction and acknowledged the scale of what you've done here - thank you very much for all of your efforts!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Welp...

Better start on that Tribute video
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

wow...simply awesome ! :highfive:
imho the best mod ever published for UT since 1999, can't say more...my hat goes off for you, Sir.

good luck for your next project

regards,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Any way to adjust the chances of certain weapons appearing?
The mod itself is simply incredible.

There are no words.
Only thing is, sometimes when I use certain oversurrections the game freezes but doesent crash.

Also, screw the tribute, there is nothing I can do that can top the amount of awesome this mod contains.
I'll probably send something via email instead.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Sometimes think you love doing these weapons packages just to make those amazing trailers.

1) Only checked a couple of other forums but so far I only see this here. Are you going to spread it around or can some of us do it for you?

2) I balk at the use of final, as I saw you discussing updates for it in another forum just yesterday... or maybe that was updates for the UltraGore.

3) I'll give this a go when I get home tonight, screenshots and feedback by the end of the week.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

The Miner's Oversurrection crashes my game. :(
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, maybe a little sooner than the end of the week...

1) The messages were unexpected but fun!

2) The Oversurrector kinda snuck up on me but I like it...
...though I only got to try 3 of them.

3) The Protos Oversurrector is amazing... but a little too powerful.
It slaughtered everything on the map except Ernie & Bert, the 2 ElectricKrall I setup to fight the first release of NW3.

Unfortunately, the Protos Oversurrector also crashed my UT... maybe.
I liked this new NW3 didn't react as bad to a HallOfGiants map as the original version, but I don't know if this Oversurrector crashed my UT or it was the same old HallOfGiants/NW3 conflict as before.

4) I didn't have the UltraGore mutator running but the effect appears to be a part of the new NW3. Happy surprise!

5) I don't remember the lighting strikes from Nuke 5 killing players, but it nailed me.

6) Overall, fighting with NW3 weapons seemed smoother than the previous release. Some of the effects seemed to flow better.

More screenshots · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12& ... 345#p61345
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Very nice.
Good Job Man. You Rock! :rock:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks everyone :tu:
UTNerd24 wrote:Any way to adjust the chances of certain weapons appearing?
No, although that would have been a good addition, but I didn't think about that.
EvilGrins wrote: 1) Only checked a couple of other forums but so far I only see this here. Are you going to spread it around or can some of us do it for you?
I already spread it through others (I started on this one, but then paused since I had other stuff to do in the meanwhile). Although in UnrealAdmin I submitted a news item, so it's only about waiting for someone to approve it... eventually.
But as of now, if there's any forum I missed, then yeah, if you would like to spread it go ahead, it would be greatly appreciated. :tu:
EvilGrins wrote: 2) I balk at the use of final, as I saw you discussing updates for it in another forum just yesterday... or maybe that was updates for the UltraGore.
Nah, you must have understood it wrong (link?). This is indeed *final*, no further updates will be made, at least by me. I will be doing something else from now on.
EvilGrins wrote: Unfortunately, the Protos Oversurrector also crashed my UT... maybe.
That's a weird crash, the stuff that seems to have crashed shouldn't have... maybe it's a similar problem with the other crashes in the tunnels....
EvilGrins wrote: 4) I didn't have the UltraGore mutator running but the effect appears to be a part of the new NW3. Happy surprise!
The Ultra Gore mutator is originally part from NW3 Final. But it was so fun to do and it was so fun to play with that I decided to make a spin off from it and release a standalone version of it before the mod final release. So yeah....
EvilGrins wrote: 5) I don't remember the lighting strikes from Nuke 5 killing players, but it nailed me.
They always did, but they are so random and so spread, that getting killed by one is very rare. Kinda like a real lightning. :lol2:
UTNerd24 wrote:The Miner's Oversurrection crashes my game. :(
Could you give more details, such the message it gives in the error, and mods, renderers and stuff that you used along?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Feralidragon wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: 1) Only checked a couple of other forums but so far I only see this here. Are you going to spread it around or can some of us do it for you?
I already spread it through others (I started on this one, but then paused since I had other stuff to do in the meanwhile). But as of now, if there's any forum I missed, then yeah, if you would like to spread it go ahead, it would be greatly appreciated. :tu:
I'll check my forums list, see where you have and haven't, and get to those this week.

Already did here, for what it's worth · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/91090.html
Feralidragon wrote:
EvilGrins wrote: 4) I didn't have the UltraGore mutator running but the effect appears to be a part of the new NW3. Happy surprise!
The Ultra Gore mutator is originally part from NW3 Final. But it was so fun to do and it was so fun to play with that I decided to make a spin off from it and release a standalone version of it before the mod final release. So yeah....
Only really had one issue with that, after a fashion...
...turns out the UltraGore nixes the Instagib from blowing people into burning chunks.

Pity, I rather liked the burning chunks.

Also, because I have one map with redeemer spawnpoints all over the place, after one of my bots managed to launch a couple Oversurrectors, I can now confirm you can actually fight an Oversurrector. I'm not 100% sure if it went away faster because I shot the Hell out of it or because it was about to turn off anyway... but it was an interesting challenge.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Great choice of music for a dramatic introduction of the death of tomorrow.
I know exactly what map I'm going to try this in first.
Future City by J. Martin
http://www.islandalien.com/unreal/
UT map mirror http://www.newbiesplayground.net/?page_ ... pfb-cat-30
UTNerd24 wrote:Any way to adjust the chances of certain weapons appearing?
Yes, add them to a map (100% chance of getting the correct weapon) or use a weapon swapper like W.O.R.M. :tu:
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

working flawlessly on my MH server so awesome great work man you are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »