An ode to Feralidragon

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

An ode to Feralidragon

Post by UTNerd24 »

It all started with one simple Mission... to make a weapon more devastating than the Redeemer...

[youtube]-MaVtgD8fVo[/youtube]

A Year later, Nali Weapons 1 was Released under the title "Mission Ultimate"

[youtube]tBE5kUWoM_k[/youtube]

Little did we know that this was simply the beginning of an amazing saga...

A number of months pass and Nali Weapons ][ was released, containing nukes and a remastered version of The Ultimate.

[youtube]yo1HoD5u3es[/youtube]

By now, Feralidragon was a well known name of the UT99 community...but he was yet to reach critical acclaim...

Two Years Later...
[youtube]t8LFpo0gDkU[/youtube]

Nali Weapons III was released and the community went into meltdown over the amount of content. So much in fact that the mod was aknowledged by Epic Games themselves.

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/12/ ... weapons-3/

After this, we all expected this to be the end...

But no...

He had to take it one step beyond...

[youtube]qaZD_rSdo8A[/youtube]

Sacrificing Weapons allow for Lightning Storms, Meteor strikes, and even the Extinction of the entire human race.

And with that, Feralidragon has announced that he is done with modding and is moving on to other big projects.

In his wake he left a legacy and will be the one mod that other mods strive to be.

But with the fall of a legend, a new one will eventually rise...

The next time someone says you fight like a Nali...Take it as a complement.

Thanks Again Cedric.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: An ode to Feralidragon

Post by UnrealGGecko »

You forgot XPickups, which is made by both him and Creavion. 8)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Thank you :tu:
Nali Weapons was originally meant to be part of something a lot bigger: a single player campaign, with vehicles and whatnot (talking about vehicles, I guess this the time to release the ones I have "as is" as I promised a year ago).

However, things didn't go as planned since once I was about to start the SP itself, I looked back into the pack and I didn't like it anymore, so I remade the whole thing... 2 times.
In the end, I scrapped the SP idea since it was unrealistic (from the free time point of view), and thus NW3 ended up being the weapon pack it is today.

In another note, I noticed that my mod was at a unusually high rank in ModDB (40th), even for a release... so then I went to check the stats backoffice and noticed something: views coming from the ModDB headlines.
Well, what I mean is, take a look for yourselves in the ModDB homepage: http://www.moddb.com/ (wait a bit for the main slider to move to the next one)

Once again, not even in my wildest dreams I thought my mod would get that kind of treatment.
Thank you everyone :mrgreen:
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Ya I forgot!!!
What about X-Vehicles?? Did you cancel that project or it is still WIP??
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Yeah man, you've become famous. Props to you.
You must construct additional pylons.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Rocky wrote:Ya I forgot!!!
What about X-Vehicles?? Did you cancel that project or it is still WIP??
The project itself it's canceled, but I promised to at least deliver the pack "as is" for anyone's personal fun. They do not work online, but work well enough for a SP or a practice session. I only have to build a simple mutator for them so you don't have to add them by hand in the editor.
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Darn it UTNerd, I was going to make a Nali Weapons 3 appreciation thread :pfff:

But this will do nicely :tu:

I just hope the UT community appreciate how lucky we are to have someone like Feralidragon create this insane fun mod.

Epic need to recognise this achievement, even if its just a "well done" or "pat on the back".

Thank you Feralidragon for all your hard work and for this fantastic addition to the game :gj: :tu:

Pileyrei

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Feralidragon wrote:Thank you :tu:
Nali Weapons was originally meant to be part of something a lot bigger: a single player campaign...
You do realize that if anyone from UnrealSP.org hears about this you'll get a tsunami of requests to make that campaign, right?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

epic thread for an epic developer!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
Feralidragon wrote: The project itself it's canceled, but I promised to at least deliver the pack "as is" for anyone's personal fun. They do not work online, but work well enough for a SP or a practice session. I only have to build a simple mutator for them so you don't have to add them by hand in the editor.
So as-is means anyone can use them for anything and give credit?. (Most importantly) Why don't they work online and what would one have to do to make them work in online play?

Actually, I have no intention of making them work online. I was going to enquire about using them online but they don't, so I asked. But on the off-chance after some of your other projects you might return to it, I won't prod around too much.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

billybill wrote: So as-is means anyone can use them for anything and give credit?.
Yep. They're literally things that I abandoned, but which since are still only in my possession and some people want them, I will release them as they were years ago, in a mid-development process, and anyone can use them to whatever things they want. I don't even require any credit for those.
billybill wrote:Why don't they work online and what would one have to do to make them work in online play?
Because I broke it. The original vehicle base code was from Dots, and worked online, and once he gave me the source directly, I modified nearly everything to fix bugs, dramatically improve the physics, add features, etc, and with complete disregard about the online implications since the point back then for me was to make vehicles for a SP campaign I was going to develop (without coop support).
It's possible to make them work online, but for that whoever is up for that challenge has to have a good knowledge in replication of course, since there is a lot of stuff involved.