XC_Engine [20] - XC_Core [7b] - XC_IpDrv

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: XC_Engine [15] - XC_Core [2]

Post by papercoffee »

Guys calm down ...no one is trying to piss off anyone...
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I did make XC_Engine not dependant on XC_IpDrv, if LZMADecompress is causing virtual memory errors (switched computer to a somewhat unsupported platform and still no problems) you can solve it easily by removing XC_IpDrv.dll from your System folder.
This way XC_Engine won't replace the default downloader with the lzma one.

Now to play with compilers, gotta see what works best with Windows Server 2012 (I can still install VC++ 6... but I'm curious about newer VS) and if it compiles XC_Engine well.
EDIT: BTW disabling Data Execution Prevention in this OS (all UT apps) fixed most crashes for me.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

im fine. i think we all just misunderstood each other. No worries :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote:I HAVE READ all posts from this thread, else keep pushing me to clone a bit your server and then don't get frustrated when I'll post ScriptWarnings from server-side and later the cake from client, I see that you insist trying to piss off people but this doesn't work with me :wink: .

If I'm posting an error here or other person, suddenly you do try to say NO PROBLEM - happened already. I really don't get what you want to achieve BUT I'm guessing I won't report anything and you can keep blabbering with your PERFECT stuff.
Higor has asked to report any error and this is what I do, nothing more + trying to explain instances. You don't run any of my stuff as long as I did not released anything, and of course you don't know how I'm testing things. If my reports are disturbing you simply take a look into other direction and ignore me, is that simple.
you got it all wrong bro. If you saw what i quoted i said i didn't know about the client version. that's all.. calm down man jeez. no one uses the client version on our server. none of the clients even know that this engine exists. I'm coming from a different point of view. My point was our clients non of which use xc client version have issues. that's it. I think there is just a language barrier here that's making things look different than they are.
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:EDIT: BTW disabling Data Execution Prevention in this OS (all UT apps) fixed most crashes for me.
Yup, I haven't seen issues until this moment, I'll check more this week-end. I gotta admit I don't have too many Giant Levels added but troubles were happening even randomly in a normal load. Only client was suffering.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Qwerty wrote: no one uses the client version on our server. none of the clients even know that this engine exists. I'm coming from a different point of view. My point was our clients non of which use xc client version have issues. that's it. I think there is just a language barrier here that's making things look different than they are.
There is a few out there that use xc ge as client. That include me so you can't say none used it on your server. ;P Hehe. I basically went to many servers with this thing on just to test out many things and the only problem I get is with 1 mod only so far, AnthChecker.

& if I remember, I advertised or other advertised this XCGE on your forum? Unless it was in a PM. I can't remember. I sent a whole bunch of msgs to other peoples about go give this sweet toy a try.

-------------
Ugh. I made some changes (Upgraded to v15 core2) on Pwnage server and newnet just doesn't want to cooperate. Package loader problem. Flip. :evil:
Ps. AdminMovePlayer mod doesn't work with XC_GE. I tried.
Also-BatThwap doesn't work. Using the one I found on medor site, hence I noticed a file mismatch.
Last edited by Chamberly on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

Chamberly wrote:
Qwerty wrote: no one uses the client version on our server. none of the clients even know that this engine exists. I'm coming from a different point of view. My point was our clients non of which use xc client version have issues. that's it. I think there is just a language barrier here that's making things look different than they are.
There is a few out there that use xc ge as client. That include me so you can't say none used it on your server. ;P Hehe. I basically went to many servers with this thing on just to test out many things and the only problem I get is with 1 mod only so far, AnthChecker.

& if I remember, I advertised or other advertised this XCGE on your forum? Unless it was in a PM. I can't remember. I sent a whole bunch of msgs to other peoples about go give this sweet toy a try.

-------------
Ugh. I made some changes (Upgraded to v15 core2) on Pwnage server and newnet just doesn't want to cooperate. Package loader problem. Flip. :evil:
Also-BatThwap doesn't work with newnet. Lmao.

none of our regulars use it lol
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Qwerty wrote:
Chamberly wrote:

-------------
Also-BatThwap doesn't work with newnet. Lmao.
none of our regulars use it lol
Shame, you should let them use the benefits of less crashes and stuff. ;)
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Since I'm feeling like whacking my head against my screen a few times, I'll port the whole codebase to Visual Studio 2015
:redeemer1:

Let's see what new dangers await on this new road.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I'm looking forward to testing the next release. Hope VS 2015 works for your project.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I was contemplating working on the main platform's output device, in english: the log.
Problem here is... the log window is entirely controlled by the launcher, and it does some really nasty shit.

So if we want enhancements on the log, we gotta make a new launcher instead!!
@Chamberly, got the custom UT launcher's source?

===
First, I'll port this to Visual Studio 2015 which uses the latest c++ standards, and therefore spams the entire compilation with thousands of warning of all kinds (because UT codebase is extremely hacky).
I'm slowly editing headers and pragma-ing the least significant warnings out, but some other stuff is more intrincate and will take some time to port, I might as well look at UE4 again, since UE4 is supposed to build with VS2015 just fine (i guess).

What's worse is... I have to make my code c++ 11 compliant for VS, and old c++ compliant for GCC 2.95.
So my question...
DID IT REALLY KILL GCC DEVELOPERS TO ALLOW GCC 4.XX.XX BINARIES TO BE BUILT USING THE 2.95 NAME CONVENTIONS????

Sure, Linux developers love going by standards and setting everything on their own way of 'right', but sometimes it involves putting a huge stick up the ass to whoever wants to make stuff backwards compatible.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

My thoughts:
- New stuff if involves bunches of normal client tweaks will lead nowhere;
- All GB×100 stuff if won't run "properly" as runs now then... all UT'99 fans are not going to be happy;
- However, stuff for debugging a la XC_Core's clocking system might be useful for coders to gain the best code optimisation but not dependant on new stuff in final releases;
- If new stuff will be unstable probably people will going to lose patience with fixing/dealing with a complex setup.

Aside: Very ugly shite happens at this moment randomly in client using v15 (even tweaking that "data execution"). At a moment display went garbled. Through some stupid colored lines I clicked again on UT icon (presumed location since it was badly ruined), game has been loaded and then after exiting it, everything returned to normal state in display. Looks like parts of video memory have been messed somehow. I did not see ever such things in versions until and including XCGE13. Something probably went rammed from compilation related to those "threads" or who knows, I don't know that, else I would be the first in helping with these C++ things.

Edit: I went to solve everything which was supposed to be solved even in custom CTF DM (optimisations only since I don't have many errors in server - that client + weaponry, eh...). But... 2 times I have been dropped without to know why - nothing was logged bad in client, it was like I did a manual disconnect. When I was using default stock stuff with a mountain of errors at least I could see server-crash reasons (PlayerCanSeeMe(), Collisions bullshit, Netdropped for some stupid necode, Screwing Object array, some "cute bytes" coming from network, etc). Now I'm frustrated because these errors are history but new troubles seems INVISIBLE, I simply cannot see why is CRASHING (client) :sad2: . Or do I need to scan logs from OS ? That's new to me.

To not forget, please do not make Engine compatible/dependant with any NetFrameWork - is was proven a crap still NOT READY + manure only a la M$.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

http://coding.hanfling.de/launch/
Should be on the webpage somewhere.
;)
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Be at ease, I'll make sure the build is purely c++
If it makes you feel better, VS 2015 crashes a lot more than UT + xcge

=================
EDIT:
Adding 'FORCEINLINE' to most of TArray<T> methods allowed me to use TArray<BYTE> without linker errors.
This makes sense because we're still calling FArray:: methods, so force inlining doess more good than harm, and UE3 does it!
@anth

=================
Ok, UT launches and all here, anyone brave enough to make a backup and try it?
It is a v15 dll, and it's surprisingly smaller.
XC_Engine.zip
Test DLL
Built using Visual Studio 2015 - Windows Server 2012
(74.43 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Gonna test it now.

edit:
Spoiler
For old stuff. :L
Client side.
Warning: SpawnActor failed because class Boulder2 has bStatic or bNoDelete
Warning: Actor not spawned for new channel
yeahhhh-LOL...

ScriptWarning: XC_AdvancerTicker CTF-SpaceWars(R).XC_AdvancerTicker2 (Function LCWeapons_0015.XC_AdvancerTicker.Tick:005A) Accessed None
everywhere. -.- Nothing to do with this XC GE Build.

Warning: Failed to load 'dusk': Can't find file for package 'dusk'
I didn't see this coming. That slipped away without me noticing unless I was very quick to get away from that msg on the screen?
Last edited by Chamberly on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:58 am, edited 5 times in total.