Siege IV [0028]

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: Siege IV

Post by Wises »

is this normal;

[SiegeIV_0017.FreeSiegeGI]
StartingMaxRU=300000.000000
StartingRU=300000.000000
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Yes it is, it's for freebuild so anyone can build anything and test without having to build leech. Mostly used for testing some things, weapons, builds, tactics, fortification discussion, finding bugs to see if they exist - lel, or simply build a lot of leech and build some design architecture out of the builds such as castle or bridge by the platform etc.
Last edited by Chamberly on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

some items are Pinkish in colour .. do these items require other items to be built b4 they can be activated?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Wises wrote:some items are Pinkish in colour .. do these items require other items to be built b4 they can be activated?
Ah yes. For example, super supplier needs supplier x, and supplier x need supplier to be built. However, these can be modified in many ways. You can even remove the limit and by most popular request about these, some peoples want these to be removed.

I've edited CacusTech.ini for unlimited builds on most set of things, but instead of replacing CacusTech.ini I keep it for back up, I have ChamTech.ini set up :loool:

You can download it if you like. & to change it, search GameProfile in the SiegeIV_00##.ini and replace SiegeOld or whatever to ChamTech, or CacusTech, so on.
(Couldn't upload it here because it said "The extension ini is not allowed.)
https://www.mediafire.com/?ptehh34co39c4e9
To simply view it online without downloading: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ptehh34co ... amTech.ini
^Also come with a download button. :P
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Good Stuff Appreciated :tu:
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

I have a problem found. When i fire with redeemer to the Minishield, then the server got crashed.

Code: Select all

appError called:
MiniShield CTF-MountainFalls.MiniShield7 (Function SiegeIV_0016.MiniShield.AdjustHitLocation:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
FFrame::Serialize
[SCF] Server Shutdown
[SCF] Signal Received: SIGABRT
[SCF] Developer backtrace (8):
This is Linux server
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

That's one weird-ass crash, I've experienced it when firing a ducking players/botz as well.
I once tried making a complex AdjustHitLocation formula that would make a pawn have a weird collision hitbox, and all I got was that crash over and over regardless of my efforts in moving the HitLocation forward so it wouldn't loop over 250 times.
That crash shouldn't happen too often, at least not more than once a month.
Still if it becomes a recurrent issue I will edit said function.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Thanks, i have some thinks to add in siege as you like my thinks you will add?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Just throw in any idea, they may get added.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Random question: don't wanna start a new thread for this.

Siege maps are basically CTF maps, right? The 2 gametypes are interchangeable from the same kinds of maps, yes?

As I don't have siege but people have asked me to check out maps they've made for it before, always saying I could just play them under CTF.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Deepak O V wrote:I have a problem found. When i fire with redeemer to the Minishield, then the server got crashed.

Code: Select all

appError called:
    MiniShield CTF-MountainFalls.MiniShield7 (Function SiegeIV_0016.MiniShield.AdjustHitLocation:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
    Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    FFrame::Serialize
    [SCF] Server Shutdown
    [SCF] Signal Received: SIGABRT
    [SCF] Developer backtrace (8):
This is Linux server
Maybe it's possible to hack that returning False if doesn't hit cylinder correctly. But I still believe that is animation issue as long as tickrate in Linux cannot be compared with Windows. In Windows such errors happened delivering Accessed Nones not really crashes (to not mention 0 redirect flaws). Epic mentioned "make sure anim-frames are named correctly" and probably all these have a solid logic. Here I'm more convinced to never load pawns/monsters with bad animations just spread "as good stuff".
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

EvilGrins wrote:Random question: don't wanna start a new thread for this.

Siege maps are basically CTF maps, right? The 2 gametypes are interchangeable from the same kinds of maps, yes?

As I don't have siege but people have asked me to check out maps they've made for it before, always saying I could just play them under CTF.
Some CTF maps are playable in siege due to approved map layout (not adding the unbalanced maps that can have 1 side less advantage from the other, or bugged maps, etc.) but siege can play any CTF maps.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Version 0019 is on the dev server. Some nice stuff going on here.

Unreal://108.174.60.19:7777

& an interesting siege config ini that have a lot of stuff. Couldn't figure out a couple things to get it to work though. But something I tried to look into.
Spoiler
Link= http://www.mediafire.com/view/gbb7l8amo ... amTech.ini

-No rules! No limitation, except for 2 teleporter per person, haven't got a way around this yet.
-No extra warning in the client log when testing offline! Didn't test with online yet.
-Few items I can't make it show up in category for some reason so I leave them as a mid item. (Metal, rubber suit)
-Except for the exclusive minigun Wildcard made. This one is summonable via admin.
-Few items will appear invisible upon build but when finish building, they will be visible. Exclusive suppliers for example.
-A few items will show accessed none(s) like sgItemVoiceBox when I tried to build them from category or summon via admin. Kind of like a pokemon using Splash move... You can build/make it but nothing happened!
-Haven't successfully made any buildable ammo refill like ApeAmmo, etc. Excluding the suppliers.
-Will edit later if any change I've done so.
_naruto_999
Average

Post by _naruto_999 »

I left this mod years ago because:

- Players kill time by playing never ending games
- Supplier's mechanic. You step in, one second later some impatient player boosts you out telling that he is going to report you
- Auto regenerating protectors and mines
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

And that's why you avoid voting CTF-Niven, CTF-McSwartzly (any variation), and CTF-Simplex (any variation).
Most of the changes since the private RC's were the removal of all kinds of exploits/glitches, even the Supplier works differently.
The game mode doesn't need to be admin'd nearly as much as it used to :)

The latest version is 0019 and is setup on a private server, it's barely a few weeks old and has received great reviews... except for a clientside crash I haven't been able to pinpoint yet so it's 0018 being ran in public servers for now.
Still, worth a new shot if none of these spam maps is on.

Since I'm talking about newer versions, if v0020 were to solve the crash issue it'll go on a public release here, the gameplay improvements are simply massive.