[REQUEST] A waiting room for Unreal Tournament

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Rackover
Novice

[REQUEST] A waiting room for Unreal Tournament

Post by Rackover »

Hello. First, english is not my native language, so please excuse me if my english is bad.
I play a lot of Unreal Tournament with friends, we are 8 or 9 everytime we play together and because everyone can't join at the same time, some of them have loading times a bit longer, etc...some players start to play before others, and start to kill other players and to score before the other joined. So I would like to know if there is a mod who puts a "Waiting room" where the host can decide when to launch the game, like Age Of Empires or Call Of Duty, so the host can wait for everyone to be on the server to launch the game. If a mod like this does'nt exist, could it be hard to make ?
Rackover
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: [REQUEST] A waiting room for Unreal Tournament

Post by UTPe »

The only "waiting room" function I've been told of so far is given by Clickboard mutator, which adds a green flag when a player is ready to play (no flag ---> player not ready, green flag ---> player ready). I know for sure this function is also included in AMLP_HaSm mutator (bTournament param must be set to "true"), I already used it in sniper tournaments.
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Nexgen also offers this feature: You can either set the server into Tournament-Mode, which will require all players to left-click, or run it in Match Mode- which will require a Match-Admin to start the game.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There are some maps that have a Waiting Room, and I've seen some servers using something that reads "30 seconds before all players are ready" but I don't know of a specific mod for that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Unreal puts you in a prison cell while you wait, perhaps we could have something similar.

I have already discussed a more in-depth version over at the UT dev site
https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... iting-room